Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Diffuser block on CC1.5 and finding parts.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Diffuser block...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:38am
Subject: Diffuser block on CC1.5 and finding parts.

I have read that the new CC1.5 has an improved diffuser block. The original CC1 has a plastic diffuser block which doesn't transmit heat to the shower screen very well. I would like to warm up the diffuser and the shower screen if I could.

Does the CC1.5 have a metal or plastic diffuser?

Does anyone know who to get parts for the CC1? I asked my vendor that I bought mine from about getting a replacement portafilter gasket so I would have it on hand. That has been two months ago and they still do not have them.

If the new CC1.5 has a metal diffuser that would fit the original CC1, I would like to order it if I could find a place to get them. I also would like to keep a spare portafilter gasket on hand..
 View Profile Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013, 12:10pm
Subject: Re: Diffuser block on CC1.5 and finding parts.

why don't you email Crossland?  I bet they can help you.  I did a brief search on the couple of places I know to get one and neither one had any parts available that I could see on their website.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
billc

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: CC1 - GS - GS3 - GB5
Grinder: Baratza - Mazzer-Marzocco
Drip: My own Creation
Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013, 8:00pm

Parts are available but most of them are in my shop.  The 1.5 also has a plastic diffuser block.  The benefit of this is that it does not  transfer heat very well.  So it does not absorb heat from the coffee or the water passing through it very well either.  The brass diffuser conducts heat very well but it also looses heat very well also.  Keeping it at the right temperature is not that easy.

Bill
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013, 5:16am

Mine original one had the brass piece, dense little piece of metal, the plastic one is much better. Like Bill said it absorbs little heat so stability of water temp is better coming out. Shower screen more then gets hot when it's warmed up, I leave my machine warming up with the PF locked in.... no need for the brass diffuser, I'll take the plastic one any day.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Diffuser block...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.37242603302)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+