Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 165 of 261 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
MerleApAmber

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville BES900
Grinder: Baratza Preciso + Esatto
Vac Pot: Yuma
Drip: bah-humbug
Roaster: Hot Top 2K P
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 11:44am
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

I think one of the things we need to make clear; by repetition, Amazon Warehouse Deals is NOT Amazon.
I state this from experience - just as Bubba/Richard discovered - although not to the point of warranty disclosure, rather exchange or refund based on change of retail price at the Amazon dot com retail market.

I point it out because, if you're looking in from the outside, A.W.Deals does so very much seem to be under the terms and conditions of Amazon. IT just ain't so... thus BUYER BEWARE.  

I will give A.W.Deals the nod in that they (at the time I purchased the BDB through them in October) specifically stated the warranty coverage Breville offers with a new machine might not be available on their sale and the customer should seriously consider alternate warranty coverage. I was willing to accept that caveat and did buy the extra warranty.

When I did discover the seasonal reduction in price at the Amazon retail outlet, and confirmed I was within my reasonable return period with A.W.Deals, I was floored A.W.Deals was not in a position to offer an adjustment of purchase price - something one would have thought available assuming Amazon retail and A.W.Deals were the same entity. For me, the benefits vs costs balance demonstrated a new unit was worth the extra effort and I did return the A.W.Deals unit for a sold as new from the Amazon retail site. Side benefit, as we have all learned to our disappointment - in needing to say so - is I now have a device Breville will without question support under warranty contract.

So, tying it all up with a ribbon, if you like it and you buy it, be certain of your seller's warranty obligations. If there is a question, ask it! The only dumb question is...

Richard, sorry to hear your pain and pleased to know you've got good things coming.  Toward our shared future owning BDB's well... as so many of our friends have pointed up "time will out!"  In the mean-time, man what a nice cuppa coffee.
 View Profile Link to this post
boogeyone

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:08pm

What about steam pressure? I can't get nearly the heavy foam of my VBM single boiler. Any way to crank it up?
BubbaDude
BubbaDude

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: Hottop 2KB
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:08pm

+1

MerleApAmber Said:

I think one of the things we need to make clear; by repetition, Amazon Warehouse Deals is NOT Amazon..

Posted February 21, 2013 link

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
mcknightp

Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: LM 3 Grp
Grinder: Robur, Swift
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:54pm

AlexKilpatrick Said:

Wow, Kudos to Breville and Phil for doing the right thing for BubbaDude.  I hope the new role is a promotion!

Posted February 20, 2013 link

Yes a promotion.......
BubbaDude
BubbaDude

Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: Hottop 2KB
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:56pm

mcknightp Said:

Yes a promotion.......

Well deserved, if I say so myself.

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
AlexKilpatrick

Grinder: Bairtiza Vario
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 1:06pm

boogeyone Said:

What about steam pressure? I can't get nearly the heavy foam of my VBM single boiler. Any way to crank it up?

From what I have read, Breville optimized it to make it really easy to create microfoam, but not necessarily for speed.  I don't know if that is true compared to other machines, but I have found it very easy to create microfoam with it.  

If I hold the head slightly out of the water, I can double a half pitcher of milk pretty quickly, creating a ton of thick foam.  In fact, my original challenge was how to not create too much foam.

I have also read there is no way to increase the steaming speed.   Some of the really early machines had some o-ring thing that decreased performance, but that has long since been fixed.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:54am

Now you know why I made such a big deal about this. Just saw this today. Makes ay think, doesn't it?

Click Here (www.naturalnews.com)
Park_Ridge_Dave
Park_Ridge_Dave

Espresso: BES900XL
Grinder: Baratza Vario (NOT...
Vac Pot: N/A (French Press)
Drip: Technivorm MochaMaster
Roaster: None
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 11:25am

mcknightp Said:

Yes a promotion.......

Ditto Phil! Good on ya!

OBTW I love the Breville videos.... very helpful. Unfortunately, you are not as attractive as the young lady in the Food Processor videos, but, just as informative!!

Seriously, good job!

Cheers,

Dave

Don't forget to stop and smell the coffee...... er flowers!
ilVecchio

Espresso: Cremina, Elektra Leva
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 1:49pm

Abt is a gem among retailers and Rebecca at the gourmet shop is truly wonderful.
CSME9
CSME9
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 2:49pm

hotwasabipeas Said:

Also, according to Mr. Phil, he said that there is a version 2 AND a version 3 of the BDB coming out this year!

Posted February 20, 2013 link

Abitlity to turn off the steam boiler and increased steam power would be two upgrade recommendations.

WS
showing page 165 of 261 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.45553612709)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+