Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 73 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
washburned

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: Baratza vario
Posted Wed Jan 16, 2013, 7:58pm
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

MDiddy Said:

say that the v2 wersion is insulated in the write-ups for the standard non-v2 quadra units...

doug s.

Posted January 16, 2013 link

Actually, looking at the description on the site again, it looks like the just the sheet insulation is correct:

"Insulation between boiler and inner water tank wall."

Odd, though, the a few people in this thread and the machine in the video for the pstat adjustment, have a fully insulated boiler as opposed to simply the sheet.

I wonder, how hard would it be to insulate the boiler myself?

I talked with 1st line today about the boiler insulation. They told me that I do I have a cuadra II and that now they come from the factory with insulation only between the boiler and water reservoir.  The said that its not uncommon for these company's to change specs without notice from time to time.
 View Profile Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Jan 16, 2013, 8:03pm

Actually, looking at the description on the site again, it looks like the just the sheet insulation is correct:

"Insulation between boiler and inner water tank wall."

Odd, though, the a few people in this thread and the machine in the video for the pstat adjustment, have a fully insulated boiler as opposed to simply the sheet.

I wonder, how hard would it be to insulate the boiler myself?

I talked with 1st line today about the boiler insulation. They told me that I do I have a cuadra II and that now they come from the factory with insulation only between the boiler and water reservoir.  The said that its not uncommon for these company's to change specs without notice from time to time.

Seems like they should stick to insulating one way...
washburned

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: Baratza vario
Posted Wed Jan 16, 2013, 8:09pm

It would be nice as I had read on this thread that the boilers were insulated and that was what I was expecting.
doug_s

Espresso: livia 90 & gaggia classic
Grinder: baratza vario & preciso
Drip: bodum french press
Posted Wed Jan 16, 2013, 8:30pm

washburned Said:

It would be nice as I had read on this thread that the boilers were insulated and that was what I was expecting.

it would also be nice if 1st line changes its write-up on the non v2 iterations of the cuadra, which clearly state the v2 will have an insulated boiler....  sounds to me like 1st line owes you an insulated boiler, as its website is misrepresenting the product...

doug s.
cruizie

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Roaster: Poppery
Posted Wed Jan 16, 2013, 9:31pm

I purchased the Vario from them for $325 shipped.
MDiddy

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP
Drip: Cuisinart DCC-1200
Posted Wed Jan 16, 2013, 9:45pm

doug_s Said:

it would also be nice if 1st line changes its write-up on the non v2 iterations of the cuadra, which clearly state the v2 will have an insulated boiler....  sounds to me like 1st line owes you an insulated boiler, as its website is misrepresenting the product...

doug s.

Doug,  

I spoke to Jim today to, via email, and he explained the same thing to me he did to washburned.  With the Italian companies, things like this are out of their control.  They'll change things around and not notify there re-sellers and it's out of their control.  Jim CC'd La Nuova on the email sent me so they can see it's not a good thing.

In all honesty, I'm not to worried about it.  The machine still works fine and I'm not going to go through an exchange process for something as minor as this.  Was I expecting the boiler to be insulated?  Yes.  Is it a deal breaker for me?  No.

I may just go out and purchase some Thermo-tec and wrap some around the boiler myself.  It shouldn't be too tough and should help out a bit.
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:23am

doug_s Said:

doug s.

Doug S.,

In a perfect world, I could not agree more. However, it is not a perfect world. If we or any other company had to check every batch of machines that arrived from the manufacturer and compare every bullet point to possible changes made, this would increase costs which just get passed on to the purchaser - thus rising prices.

This is why almost every company makes a statement that specifications are subject to change without notice. This is also why many large retailers will not put any additional 'internal' information on products. Thus, the alternative for dealers is to publish less information on the products sold.

In the last 2 weeks, I already have 3 manufacturers that have made changes without any notification to us about those internal changes. In other words, this is a common problem and one that does drive me personally 'nuts'!

As for our web site, we did our due diligence and updated our web site yesterday. We are also trying to acquire insulation around the boiler for those customers who have purchased the CuadraII in the last 30 days with an inquiry we made yesterday to the manufacturer.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:27am

For what the manufactures are selling their machines for they should be notifying the retailers.If they are told their line is going to be dropped then I'll bet they start communicating better. To me it shows arrogance and laziness on the manufacturers part.
doug_s

Espresso: livia 90 & gaggia classic
Grinder: baratza vario & preciso
Drip: bodum french press
Posted Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:51am

1stline Said:

Doug S.,

In a perfect world, I could not agree more. However, it is not a perfect world. If we or any other company had to check every batch of machines that arrived from the manufacturer and compare every bullet point to possible changes made, this would increase costs which just get passed on to the purchaser - thus rising prices.

This is why almost every company makes a statement that specifications are subject to change without notice. This is also why many large retailers will not put any additional 'internal' information on products. Thus, the alternative for dealers is to publish less information on the products sold.

In the last 2 weeks, I already have 3 manufacturers that have made changes without any notification to us about those internal changes. In other words, this is a common problem and one that does drive me personally 'nuts'!

As for our web site, we did our due diligence and updated our web site yesterday. We are also trying to acquire insulation around the boiler for those customers who have purchased the CuadraII in the last 30 days with an inquiry we made yesterday to the manufacturer.

Posted January 17, 2013 link

thanks for your response - i appreciate it, and i do understand the problems facing retailers.  i guess my only issue is that 1st line should have changed its website as soon as it was aware that the product being shipped had changed...  but, better late than never!  :>)

best,

doug s.
MDiddy

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP
Drip: Cuisinart DCC-1200
Posted Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:17am

doug_s Said:

thanks for your response - i appreciate it, and i do understand the problems facing retailers.  i guess my only issue is that 1st line should have changed its website as soon as it was aware that the product being shipped had changed...  but, better late than never!  :>)

best,

doug s.

Posted January 17, 2013 link

Doug, that's the thing.  I believe washburned and I were the first to report it to Jim.  Can't fault him on that.  :)
showing page 73 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.444514989853)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+