Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)
Gourmet Organic Coffee
Temblor is a smooth high-grown Guatemalan coffee that presents notes of spice and chocolate.
thelostgringo.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 14 of 14 first page previous page
Author Messages
bglenden

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012, 9:51pm
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

"The best is the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

An unpublished review does nobody any good. Better to get it out where it can give people information they can use than to endlessly polish away in a back room. Had this review been published it very likely would have had a useful effect on my purchasing decision, rather than getting filed away as intriguing vaporware (but so far less entertaining than Duke Nukem Forever saga, e.g.: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/12/fail_duke_nukem/ )

Cheers,
Brian
 View Profile Link to this post
SummitView
SummitView
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013, 9:01am
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

I gave up waiting on the reviews. There is at this point enough feedback on this, other forums and SCG to pull the trigger. After 10 years of faithful service, my Saeco Aroma died, so I've got a CC1 on the way and should have it momentarily.  Having now used an Epoca Primula (Spanish-style) pot for nearly a week, I am truly looking forward to an appliance which does not consistently transform fine Sumatra into gut-wrenching sludge.

UPDATE: 01/23/13, the shiny beast arrived, needless to say, I pulled shots and stayed up all night.
Gig103

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French press!
Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013, 2:26pm

Enjoy! It's a great machine for the money!
SummitView
SummitView

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013, 4:11pm

Yes, thank you. Good news is that my headaches and blood pressure increase have disappeared since I stopped drinking the sludge I was making on the stove top.

I'm very curious to know what experience others have had with various settings combinations on the CC1.  

With the Saeco Aroma, I used a non-pressurized portafilter, ground the beans quite fine, but not turkish, and packed it as hard as possible. The result was a very nice strong brew--I usually used a 2 cup portafilter and only ran about 3/4 of a regular sized expresso cup. So a very strong brew.

Thus far with the CC1, I am running temp at 205,  I've played around with the pre-steam at 2-4 seconds and wait-time of 0-5 seconds, total brew time of 20 seconds.  The longer the wait of course results in a shorter pull and smaller cup of coffee -- along the lines of what I was doing with the Saeco.

Since I generally add milk/creamer and sweetner, I couldn't tell you whether the expresso is substantially sweeter or more bitter under the different settings, but with the long wait time, it does seem to run darker & stronger.

Thoughts/comments?
MisterJohnnyT

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013, 1:53pm

Bump.
Lol, just kidding.
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Keurig Vue, B70,Tassimo T65,...
Roaster: Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper...
Posted Wed Apr 9, 2014, 12:27pm

Any update yet??  (roll:eyes)

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 14 of 14 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.305050849915)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+