Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Ascaso Dream up  pump noise
LavAzza Espresso Machines
Awesome capsule espresso machines. Perfect for home, office and restaurant applications.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Ascaso Dream up...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
knms

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: ascaso dream up
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013, 7:48pm
Subject: Ascaso Dream up  pump noise

Hi.  I just got Ascaso dream a week ago.  brand new.   I tried to use steam. as soon as I turned steam switch. machine start making noise like stomp stomp  until I turn steam switch off.

machine works fine except this stomp stomp noise.  I am wondering if this normal??  I checked some video from You tube and I didn't notice any noise like mine.

is there anyway to fix this or send it back??

please help.

Thank you
 View Profile Link to this post
SStones
SStones
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Giga 5, ECM Giotto, Rocket...
Grinder: Anfim Milano-Best
Vac Pot: No  :(
Drip: Some $30 thing from Walmart
Roaster: I buy pre-roasted.
Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013, 5:41am
Subject: Re: Ascaso Dream up  pump noise

Stomp Stomp Stomp is good.  The machine has a little condensor/transistor set up on a little circuit board that effectively controls your pump volumetric output by pulsing it.  The vibrating pumps are not good for "Speed/Volume control" by lowering the voltage. They just get unpredictable at voltages other than their rating.  To make the pump supply the tiny amount of water needed to replenish the amount being steamed off without providing so much that it cools the boiler and squirts water out the steam wand, the circuit board runs the pump at about 2 pulses per second.
That noise is perfectly normal.
knms

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013, 9:28am

thank you for reply.

I took video of my machine. how it' s like because  sounds very annoying to me.

http://sdrv.ms/10CGKGq

thank you
SStones
SStones

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013, 5:51am

Uh huh...  I hear what you mean, now.  That buzzing/vibrating springy noise following the thump.
I'm now believing there is something loose in there.  Something metal that vibrates.  If you just tap on the machine do you get that vibration?
You can pop the top off by taking the two screws near the group out (Stubby screwdriver works).  Easiest if you take your reservoir and drip trays out and turn the machine upside-down.  Do you see anything broken inside?  Run it topless, Do you see something vibrating loosely?  I mean the machine. Keep your shirt on.
knms

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013, 10:03pm

Hi. Than you for reply again!!    I did run it top less. I didn't  see any loose or broken parts i can see i think...I d i I could see black thing in my right far back was making noise that's about it.
SStones
SStones

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2013, 4:45am

That's the pump.  Does the noise change if you press on it while it's stomping?  Is it suspended on rubber stands or metal springs? The noise sure sounds like vibrating metal, to me.
I wish I could tell you whether you should be concerned or not, but I really don't know what could be making that noise. I can only suggest trying to find anything that vibrates when the pump is stomping.
meepy

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013, 11:05am

I have the exactly same problem!

I just got my Ascaso Dream today and the problem is the same - is there any solution or is this just normal? Help!

Video: http://v5.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2mzz5mq&s=5
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Ascaso Dream up...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.344352960587)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+