Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Machine Information and Picture
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rocket R58 Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 22 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
dsblv

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rocket Giotto Evoluzione
Grinder: MACAP MC4
Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012, 5:28pm
Subject: Re: Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Machine Information and Picture

Some of the specs on that web site don't look right.  The PID should replace the Sirai pressurestat.  And, there's no way the machine can warm up in 5 minutes.  

I'm looking forward to seeing the official specs from Rocket on the R-58.  And, hopefully we'll start seeing more information from some of the early testers of the machine.
 View Profile Link to this post
Hogrider

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto II
Grinder: N.S.
Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012, 5:34pm

9dragons Said:

I found this from a german page using google translate Click Here (www.stoll-espresso.de)

What we notice about the positive Rocket R58:

very dry steam - great for latte art
   Very good reproducible result by 450 cc big thermosyphonic Wasserkereislaufs the espresso boiler
   5 min warm-up - unbelievable for a Faema coffee dispenser - resulting from the two heaters in the two boilers!
   both separately and switch heaters never work simultaneously!
   super good and clean processing, uniform gaps
   PID controller in a separate module - plugged via a serial interface
   Permanent water supply on the ground can be rotated 360 °
   Rotary pump mounted vibration
   Choice of fresh water supply or water tank operation possible
   either fixed water / water tank operation via software adjustable
   Manometerqualität good - bigger!
   Professional Sirai pressostat
   Faema big professional NoburN steam and hot water pipes
   Stainless steel cup rail as standard
   the included accessories are stowed on the clean machine in the Styroporumverpackung (see photo)

Posted April 13, 2012 link

Continuing further down the page they say "The 1200 watt special heating element provides fast heat-up.

frcn Said:

5 min. warm up  for an E-61? Unless they came up with an active (electrical) heater in the group, I don't believe that they can heat the group that quickly. I believe that this is just the time for the heating element to be switched off by the sensor for the PID fully immersed in the boiler.

Then in the list of components listed "2 * 1800 watt heater"

Maybe they did come up with a heater in the group!

Chris
9dragons

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012, 8:05am

Found this on a different site Click Here (www.casabarista.nl)

Translated from dutch using google translate

Rocket R58 dual boiler espresso machine

Rocket R58 premiere at Casa Barista espresso machine!
The R58 Rocket espresso machine, the latest flagship of Milan Italy. The Rocket R58 is the most professional espresso Rocket. For home or small business use. Equipped with 2 boilers and PID for optimum temperature stability. And convenience for the barista to self adjust the temperature to the optimum taste of each coffee type to use. You do this through a unique remote control unit where you remotely over the operating controls: temperature coffee boiler, on / off steam boiler, steam boiler power, switching between tank and mains water connection. The Rocket R58 has a professional rotary pump and two water connections. Here you can use the built-in reservoir or the espresso machine connected to a water tap. Furthermore, as we expect from Rocket: the heavily-chromed Faema E61 brewing, cool touch steam and hot water arms & beautifully built in fully polished stainless steel. Catering Quality fresh coffees for lovers!
Rated R58 Rocket espresso machine

Chrome-Faema E61 brewing
   Dual boiler technology with insulated boilers for coffee and steam / hot water
   Professional PID with remote control unit
   SCACE temperature setting table for coffee boiler
   Hospitality Class rotary pump
   Two water connections: reservoir and water
   Beautiful Italian design from Milan
   Housing in luxurious polished stainless steel
   Two classic gauges for boiler and pump pressure
   Copper pipes
   Cool touch nozzle and boiling water tap

Demonstration, Advice & Purchase

At Casa Barista get personal advice of a professional barista. So you learn to like all the tips and tricks of the equipment and brew coffee. You're welcome on our Barista Locations for detailed explanation: Amsterdam, The Hague, Utrecht, Alkmaar, Dordrecht, Arnhem, Ermelo, Groningen, Den Bosch, Eindhoven, Maastricht, Antwerp (Belgium), Mol (Belgium).

Or leave a home delivery order easily via our webshop
Details of Rocket Espresso R58:

Professional Faema E61 brewing coffee

This famous coffee brewing unit developed by Faema in 1961 and since then the standard for premium espresso machines. What makes the E61 brew coffee from the Rocket R58 so special? The coffee brew is heavily equipped with more than 4 pounds of chromed steel. The thermo-siphon principle leads continuous hot water through the brew. This provides optimal thermal properties. In addition, the coffee brewing and the largest diameter filter holder in the market (58 mm). For prefecte extraction and crema of the coffee. With the classical lever (the "liver"), control provides the passage through the water. Lets you determine the amount and strength of the coffee. Every cup of coffee from the Rocket R58 is as "custom" put on the desired taste and optimal extraction. Another advantage of the E61 industry standard is that it is easy to maintain and parts are always in stock.

Dual Boiler Technology

The Rocket R58 has an optimum temperature control through the use of two insulated boilers. Why is this important? Espresso Machines all provide two functions: brewing and steam / hot water supply. The challenge is that both operate at a different temperature. The R58 regulates optimum temperature separately in two separate boilers for the best solution. So your coffee with a huge temperature stability, which is essential for proper extraction and crema.
ECO mode for use 1 tank

The Rocket R58 has the ability to the boilers to operate independently. This allows only the coffee boiler to turn if you want to drink only black coffee. This is quick and environmentally conscious. All within 10 minutes you can enjoy a fresh espresso. The steam boiler do you only if you so necessary eg cappuccino with steamed milk and want to convert. You arrange this easily via the remote control unit.
PID with external remote control unit

The unique PID is the brain of the Rocket R58. You can be the temperature of the coffee boiler and set it to your liking. Exact to 1 ° Celsius. The PID then ensures that the preset temperature at this level remains constant. The PID is especially useful if you ever switch from coffee beans. Each brand has its own coffee beans temperature optimum. A few degrees difference already gives a completely different taste. Rocket has developed the R58 with the accurate SCACE temperature method. It is supplied with the machine on which a table is indicated on what temperature the coffee cylinder needs to be put in order to obtain a certain zetgroeptemperatuur. Rocket has chosen a PID with remote control unit via a cable to the bottom / side of the machine is attached. This keeps the classic design intact, without digital display on the front. The remote control provides PID control unit and controls the coffee boiler temperature, on / off steam boiler, power of the steam boiler, switching between tank and solid water.
Hospitality Class Rotation Pump

The built-in rotary pump motor and professional within the Rocket R58 is robust restaurant quality. In addition, the external rotary pump can be adjusted by the user, without the machine to open it. The advantage of a rotary pump is very constant pressure during the brewing coffee. This makes the optimal coffee extraction with delicious crema. The pump is also precisely to be set at 9 bar. In this rather fluctuates vibration pumps. Furthermore, a major advantage that the heavy components of professional quality, and a longer lifespan than espresso machines with vibration pumps. The advantage of the Rocket R58 is that the rotary pump in combination with an internal water reservoir is to be used.
Two Classic Gauges

The Rocket R58 are two manometers placed. This is a useful tool for the Barista. One manometer indicates the pressure of the coffee boiler, ideally lie between 1.0 to 1.2 Bar. You know that this is to use the espresso machine and you can make coffee, steam or water taps. The other gauge measures the accumulated pump pressure during the brewing process, this ideal is approximately 9 Bar.
Italian Design Espresso

Fair is fair: the eye wants something too. The front of the Rocket R58 is adorned with a chrome classic brew. In addition, the Rocket espresso machine completely finished in polished stainless steel robust ANSI 304 grade. This provides a beautiful Italian design and acquisition in any home. Rocket has deliberately chosen not to display digital PID using the machine, to the beautiful classical design intact.
Steam Pipe & Boiling water tap

The Rocket R58 has a few features. The steam pipe and filtered water are served with large professional taps. Another advantage of the Rocket is that the espresso machine is equipped with a full brass cylinder 1.7 liter. This ensures large steam power for perfect foam. Great for cappuccino, latte macchiatto, macchiatto caffe, latte or hot chocolate. The water tap delivers instant boiling water handy for a cup of tea or broth. Actually, the R58 Rocket espresso machine a complete hot drinks machine.
Low tide Security in Espresso

Rocket has also forgotten safety. The espresso machine is a low water security. The R58 Rocket espresso machine automatically shuts off when the level in the tank is too low. This prevents it from boiling dry and fail. By the reservoir to fill with water, start the machine again.
Coffee Cups Heater

In addition to the Rocket R58 is a coffee cups plateau indirectly heated by the boiler in the espresso coffee. A considerable space to various coffee cups for coffee, cappuccino and espresso coffee. Preheated ceramic is essential for freshly brewed coffee.
Barista Espresso manual R58 Rocket

Casa Barista knows the moderate user of espresso manufacturers. We have something done! Our customers receive a special manual for the Dutch Barista Rocket R58. With detailed explanation of the espresso machine, its features, making coffee and steamed milk with practical tips Barista. Includes maintenance plan to the espresso machine in top condition. Rocket also provides a nice CD-ROM in the machine.
2 Year Warranty on Espresso Machines

The Rocket R58 has 2 year warranty. Casa Barista has its own technical service, so you can quickly and expertly aided. Our customers can also opt for the Premium Warranty Service when buying an espresso machine. In a possible breakdown we provide the "Pick-up, Replace & Return" of the espresso machine during the warranty period. Convenient because you can stay home and get a professional espresso machine replacement during repair. So you're never without a coffee.
Two water connections

The Rocket R58 has two options for water connections. You can default the internal water use. Or via the handy remote control box to switch to a fixed water connection. You never need more water to refill coffee cups of espresso to get. All you need is an additional water tap near the espresso machine.
Specifications R58 Rocket

Measurements: B 31cm, D 44cm, 41cm H
   0.58 liter copper boiler coffee (with insulation)
   1.7 liter copper steam boiler (with insulation)
   2x 1400 What heaters
   9 Bar & professional rotary pump motor
   2.6 liter water tank
   Weight 29 kg
   230 Volt

Included Accessories

Two Porta filters 1 and 2-runs
   Filter containers for 1 and 2 coffees
   Blind filter for cleaning coffee brewing
   Tampa & measuring spoon for ground coffee
   Brush for cleaning brewing
   CD-ROM with manuals
agoldberg

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012, 6:37pm

I wish a picture of the PID would surface.  I find it interesting that they thought a dongle would be more attractive than a built-in display.
iDrinkCoffeeCanada

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: LM GS/3 MP, Speedster,...
Grinder: Versalab, Robur E
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Technivorm KBT-741
Roaster: Diedrich IR-12
Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012, 7:00pm

agoldberg Said:

I wish a picture of the PID would surface.  I find it interesting that they thought a dongle would be more attractive than a built-in display.

Posted April 15, 2012 link

I will try to get a photograph of the PID but I think that their aesthetic choice is spot on.  A digital pid and analog manometers for for an awkward marriage.

Find www.iDrinkCoffee.com on facebook and become a fan for deals, contests and more.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
dsblv

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rocket Giotto Evoluzione
Grinder: MACAP MC4
Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012, 7:20pm

iDrinkCoffeeCanada Said:

I will try to get a photograph of the PID but I think that their aesthetic choice is spot on.  A digital pid and analog manometers for for an awkward marriage.

Posted April 15, 2012 link

I agree.  Rocket puts priority on style and a digital display would detract from the machine's aesthetics.  Plus, it's better to isolate the electronics from the internal heat.
9dragons

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012, 7:15pm

hmm.  it detracts from aesthetics, but hiding the PID and making it less convenient to change the settings detracts from useability.  i'm really curious how visible it actually is.  

as far as isolating the pid from heat, i dunno if that's really an issue.  after all, it's just the controller for the pid that is external, not the actual PID right?
9dragons

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012, 3:56am

Here's a ton of pictures of everything.  I'm not sure i'm a fan of external PID.

Click Here (translate.google.com)
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012, 4:27am

Veets Said:

... Where are the PID controls located ?
Are they easy to access for temp changes ?
Any photos showing controls? ...

The PID control is external and can be connected to the machine by cable. Here are some pictures: click here. You can easily change boiler temperatures with it, but also switch from plumbing to water tank, and turn off the steam boiler separately.

frcn Said:

5 min. warm up  for an E-61? Unless they came up with an active (electrical) heater in the group, I don't believe that they can heat the group that quickly. I believe that this is just the time for the heating element to be switched off by the sensor for the PID fully immersed in the boiler.

As can be expected from an E61 brew group, preliminary test made by Imprezza.de have shown that it takes about 30 minutes to properly heat up.

Wouldn't it be a nice feature if you could control the machine using Wi-Fi and an iPhone app?  ;-)

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
agoldberg

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012, 5:31am

So the water source can only be changed via the PID?  That seems...unfortunate.  A detachable PID is just begging to be lost.  Though I can kinda understand why they'd avoid putting that into the machine's case.  It's about the ugliest PID controller I think I've ever seen.  I really wish they'd gone for a cleaner solution than this.  For the price this machine is commanding, this is the sort of thing that can put a sour taste in your mouth when purchasing.
showing page 2 of 22 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rocket R58 Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.47789311409)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+