Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 149 of 257 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
AlexKilpatrick

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Bairtiza Vario
Posted Fri Feb 1, 2013, 11:49am
Subject: Re: Bottomless PFs in USA

PrescottCR Said:

Anyone looking for a bottomless PF from Breville USA should consider sending an eMail (or message) through their site. It wasn't showing in stock so I asked to be notified, if possible, when they are available. I promptly got an email back saying there was a limited supply. If you pad your order a little you get free shipping. That's pretty easy to do with some reasonably priced items like baskets and such.

Posted February 1, 2013 link

How were you able to order it, since the website says it is not in stock?
 View Profile Link to this post
AlexKilpatrick

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Bairtiza Vario
Posted Fri Feb 1, 2013, 12:10pm

Answering my own question.  A rep from Breville got back to me within minutes and offered to take an order over the phone.

Thanks for the tip, guys.  These aren't supposed to be available in the retail channel until May.  Gah.
PrescottCR
PrescottCR
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: Breville
Grinder: Baratza
Roaster: Diedrich
Posted Fri Feb 1, 2013, 12:15pm

That's a good deal, the Breville USA website is saying $79 for the bottomless and $69 for the spouted variety right now.

Rich
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Park_Ridge_Dave
Park_Ridge_Dave
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: BES900XL
Grinder: Baratza Vario (NOT...
Vac Pot: N/A (French Press)
Drip: Technivorm MochaMaster
Roaster: None
Posted Fri Feb 1, 2013, 3:03pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

jwoodyu Said:

Now that some of you have lived it for a period of time how do think it would do as a portable machine? Applications like in the RV for vacations or wagging it around to parties away from home etc? I am interested in both ease and how you think the machine would react to being moved.

Thanks

I have taken my whole "kit" to a party and I RV as well Just save the box would be my advice.

It was a standout at the party (it was a "pot Luck" with coffee as the required ingredient in a recipes). I think I did over 25 shots and the BDB never missed a beat!

Cheers,

Dave

Don't forget to stop and smell the coffee...... er flowers!
michaelgo

Espresso: Breville 900XL
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Fri Feb 1, 2013, 6:18pm

I've been getting some coffee from a local roaster that is recommending a 20g dose. This overflows a bit in the VST 18g basket I have.  Would you recommend adding a 20g or 22g basket to my arsenal?  I use this roaster often, it's the best, freshest in the area for me.  Would these fit OK in the BDB naked PF?

Also, I picked up the Vario grinder a couple of months ago and so far am loving it.  I do find that the grind is many micro notches different between the VST and Breville baskets so it's easier for me to stick with the VST.  Does that seem normal?  I figure it's because of the flat sides and I guess more flat area on the VST.
jwoodyu
jwoodyu
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Fri Feb 1, 2013, 7:35pm

Park_Ridge_Dave Said:

I have taken my whole "kit" to a party and I RV as well Just save the box would be my advice.

It was a standout at the party (it was a "pot Luck" with coffee as the required ingredient in a recipes). I think I did over 25 shots and the BDB never missed a beat!

Cheers,

Dave

Great and thank you. I think it will make a pretty decent machine for that job. The ONLY thing I miss about my Jura was picking it up and running out going down the road. No way I am hauling my Duetto and Major around.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
tinytot2

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: Vario W
Drip: Breville YouBrew
Posted Mon Feb 4, 2013, 9:35am

Could somebody provide the actual dimensions of the machine?  I checked a few sites and they are all different.

I've decided on the BDB for my next machine (probably buying it next month) and need to find some nice, prime counter space for it :)
Park_Ridge_Dave
Park_Ridge_Dave

Espresso: BES900XL
Grinder: Baratza Vario (NOT...
Vac Pot: N/A (French Press)
Drip: Technivorm MochaMaster
Roaster: None
Posted Mon Feb 4, 2013, 10:01am

tinytot2 Said:

Could somebody provide the actual dimensions of the machine?  I checked a few sites and they are all different.

I've decided on the BDB for my next machine (probably buying it next month) and need to find some nice, prime counter space for it :)

Posted February 4, 2013 link

I just measured mine and I got:

15" Deep (38.1 cm)
14 7/8" High (37.78 cm)
16 1/4" Wide (41.28 cm)

Don't forget that you will need a couple of inches on each side to operate the hot water and steam valves. I have allocated 36"  (91.44 cm)total width for BDB, Knockbox, Grinder and scale.

Good luck and if you need anything else just post.

Cheers,

Dave

Don't forget to stop and smell the coffee...... er flowers!
PrescottCR
PrescottCR
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: Breville
Grinder: Baratza
Roaster: Diedrich
Posted Tue Feb 5, 2013, 8:55am

Park_Ridge_Dave Said:

Don't forget that you will need a couple of inches on each side to operate the hot water and steam valves....

Dave

Posted February 4, 2013 link

Good point. If you use the group head water for rinsing (instead of the spout) you don't have to worry so much about the left side. The steam wand control does have a handle that faces you on it that only moves about 1/4 turn up, so even if that side is tight you still might be okay since you can manipulate it from the front. The footprint is slightly smaller across too, if that matters.

Personally I don't like things feeling cramped. Getting a bottomless PF also gives a feel of more space in general.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
martigen

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:17pm

how do i check how many shots i've pulled so far, i've had the machine for 3 months and i'm pretty sure i've already got to the 200+ shots and the machine still hasn't given me the "clean me" signal, is there a way to check how many shots i've pulled so far?
showing page 149 of 257 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.432537078857)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+