Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 96 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Seacoffee

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013, 8:45am
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

Thanks pfn.

Can I do this flushing all at once, giving the pump time to recover? I realize it will take a while if I'm doing it in batches of 4oz, but it stinks (no pun intended) that I'm not able to make lattes. Or do I have to do it over the course of several days?
And yes, the steam stinks just as bad.
 View Profile Link to this post
pfn

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: KA Proline w/ Mazzer Mini...
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013, 8:57am

Seacoffee Said:

Thanks pfn.

Can I do this flushing all at once, giving the pump time to recover? I realize it will take a while if I'm doing it in batches of 4oz, but it stinks (no pun intended) that I'm not able to make lattes. Or do I have to do it over the course of several days?
And yes, the steam stinks just as bad.

Posted April 25, 2013 link

I dunno, I just flushed it like 15 minutes worth of on/off at a time and got bored (and to give my nose time to adjust).

Fortunately, I drink something like 5 or 6 shots to every steamed milk drink, so I didn't care about the stink so much in the beginning. I just purged the boiler a little bit every time I was working on my shots. Now I don't notice a smell anymore (other than that steam/wet air "smell")
slybarman
slybarman
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:00pm

This post is a protest about one of your members, Iluvadabean.
Mr. Bean has insisted on clogging the Breville Dual Boiler owner's forum with his irrelevant and inappropriate posts.
This has made this forum much less useful for owners because it is so clogged with his long junk comments and ensuing arguments. All this although he doesn't own one of these machines, isn't interested in owning one and as far as I can tell has never used one.

He has been asked by many members to cease and desist, but has ignored these requests.

Since he has a Cuadra and this forum seems important to him, I will repost his future comments in the Breville forum here so that you may get the full benefit of his wit and analytical prowess. I apologize to those of you who own this machine and find this forum useful but hope that you can prevail upon Mr. Bean to stop his pestering of the BDB forum.

Here is installment #1 of ILuvadabean's wisdom from the BDB owner's forum:Childish much?
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:04pm

slybarman Said:

Childish much?

Posted April 26, 2013 link

cuznvin: thumbs-up.png
(Click for larger image)
didiee

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:04pm

]Gents, having an issue with my Cuadra II and not sure why.

About 4 days ago, I followed Eric's post on how to check the mushroom in an e61 for scale here:

Click Here (www.home-barista.com)

Pulled everything and followed the procedure to a tee.  Didn't notice much scale, if any, at all.  Just a few tiny spots of corrosion where the chrome plating was replaced with a small green dot.  Cleaned everything off anyway and re-assembled.  Now, when I first turn the machine on each morning, the temp starts to climb to about 140 F, and then proceeds to drop.  I do a small flush (notice a second or two of no water) and then the temp starts to climb again and it reaches operating temperature no problem and stays there until I turn off the machine.  But this cycle repeats each morning.

This has been every morning now for the past 4 days.  I did a full descale yesterday to see if that would fix the issue, but no dice, same issue this morning.

Any idea what might be going on?

I'm much more interested in someone helping mdiddy solving his problem than BDB thread vs Cuadra thread war.....
JJC
JJC

Espresso: Breville 900Xl, Saeco...
Grinder: Compak K3
Roaster: Behmor, Nesco
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:22pm

No, Not childish.
Desperate.

The BDB forum has degenerated to the point of being almost useless due to Iluvadabean's posts and those of a couple of his colleagues. There is just so much of this junk on the thread now that it is difficult to find anything and most of the notifications of new posts are for such junk. Many members have pointed this issue out to him and he has refused to modify his behavior.

I was thinking of just quitting what has been a very useful thread for me just because of him.

Then it occurred to me that perhaps you folks would have more leverage with him than people who own a machine that he loves to criticize.

I am just trying to solve a problem on another thread where the members apparently have no leverage with Iluvadabean.

Thanks for your help.
pfn

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:22pm

didiee Said:

I'm much more interested in someone helping mdiddy solving his problem than BDB thread vs Cuadra thread war.....

'

it's more of a generic E61 issue that he's already getting help for on hb.

On another note, has anyone caulked up their drip pan yet?

The plastic insert is worthless, my drip pan gets wet anyway, so I'm thinking I'm just gonna caulk it up with a silicone bead and ditch the insert altogether. Fill up the plumbing hole in the bottom, too, since I'm not gonna plumb it into a drain.
JJC
JJC

Espresso: Breville 900Xl, Saeco...
Grinder: Compak K3
Roaster: Behmor, Nesco
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:23pm

And I should note that another one of the problematic posters on the BDB thread is Cuznvin.
pfn

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:24pm

JJC Said:

No, Not childish.
Desperate.

The BDB forum has degenerated to the point of being almost useless due to Iluvadabean's posts and those of a couple of his colleagues. There is just so much of this junk on the thread now that it is difficult to find anything and most of the notifications of new posts are for such junk. Many members have pointed this issue out to him and he has refused to modify his behavior.

I was thinking of just quitting what has been a very useful thread for me just because of him.

Then it occurred to me that perhaps you folks would have more leverage with him than people who own a machine that he loves to criticize.

I am just trying to solve a problem on another thread where the members apparently have no leverage with Iluvadabean.

Thanks for your help.

Ask a mod to step in, as posters, none of us have any "leverage"

Now we've got 2 cluttered threads. Thanks...
kajitox

Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Drip: Bodom French Press,...
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:27pm

pfn Said:

'

it's more of a generic E61 issue that he's already getting help for on hb.

On another note, has anyone caulked up their drip pan yet?

The plastic insert is worthless, my drip pan gets wet anyway, so I'm thinking I'm just gonna caulk it up with a silicone bead and ditch the insert altogether. Fill up the plumbing hole in the bottom, too, since I'm not gonna plumb it into a drain.

Ahhh an excellent question... I hate pouring that thing out for a half hour every day since it drips so slowly from under the plastic drip tray... you were thinking of taking the insert out... would the top fit nicely, though, if you did? Could you instead caulk the gap between the plastic insert and the metal bottom (after thoroughly drying it, that is)?

This and the forward leaning cup tray (whose idea was that?) are the only things that confuse my about my machine.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 96 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.429856061935)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+