Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
DavecUK
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > DavecUK  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
ee61
ee61
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Feb 4, 2013, 2:07pm
Subject: DavecUK

(Clears throat).. Your attention please!! (awkward silence).. Will DavecUK please stand up and accept my personal thanks for "Most Helpful" award. After years of reading and contemplating different espresso machines I have grown to enjoy and depend on Daves comments and professionalism the most. Thank you Dave whoever and wherever you are. I sincerely thank you.

So what gives?

Well as of today, still no machine has been able to ring all my bells enough to get me off center for a purchase. As they say "close but no cigar". The major 2 bells being Quality Components & 'my' sense of Aesthetics (i.e. think retro like vintage Gaggias or Early Faema E61, even Giotto-ish). Unfortunately I have not found my machine yet. So I wait.. and I read.. gleaning information here and there deciphering if it is 'for me' or not.. Always considering what I would sacrifice from my personal list of desires & expectations.. So far it has been bleak pickings 'for me'.

For the last 7 months I have been smitten by the AeroPress and its incredible ease of use and quality in my cup day after day. Until I see 'my' "dream machine" OR another machine that gets Dave's attention enough that he replaces his trusty pre production Duetto prototype, then I wont get all that excited.

As per Dave's post January 19th 2013: "I'm at the moment awaiting with interest a new machine, from a new manufacturer to hit the market, I've seen the drawings and commented on some of the specs. If it can be made for a cheap enough price, I think it will add some interesting features making it different to the current formula for dual boiler machines."  ----------------> And so I will continue waiting with wonder and excitement, because anything that gets Dave's "interest" will surely have mine as well.

So in the meantime Press Coffee in Scottsdale, Giant Coffee in Phoenix, Cartel Coffee Lab in Tempe, and Liberty Market in Gilbert will all continue seeing me as per the usual. And unfortunately my $30 dollar AeroPress continues to be my tool of choice for the delicious beverage we all love so much.

View Profile Visit website Link to this post
DavecUK

Posted Mon Feb 4, 2013, 3:19pm
Subject: Re: DavecUK

<eeek>....thanks. There are in fact a couple of new machines on the drawing board that I have seen, both in cad/cam and one in pre production form. Quite exciting and I am looking forward to getting my hands on them. I presume you have read the reviews I do for Bella Barista, if so, when I get these new machines be sure to check the reviews out. I don't do so many reviews now, lack of time really.

Regards

Dave
 View Profile Link to this post
ee61
ee61

Posted Mon Feb 4, 2013, 4:57pm

Yes indeed the Bella Barista reviews are excellent help!  -------------->   http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/coffee-machine-reviews/

I do check Bella Barista regularly looking for the newest reviews.
I have waiting weeks for Bella Baristas R58 review.. "Coming Soon".

My wife and I have been gathering tax information for the better part of today. She chastised me on my stock picks for us in 2012. Honestly I was thinking how she was right and how the story might look if I had only investigated my stock market picks as thoroughly and deliberately as my espresso. Who knows? But right now I feel kind of silly with that analogy on my mind.  

Side note because of this post: I received an email for a machine someone thought I would like.. the new Londinium Lever. So right now my rabbit hole got deeper and a whole heap wider because the Londinium seems interesting at the moment. Whatever it is.. or isn't..

View Profile Visit website Link to this post
DavecUK

Posted Mon Feb 4, 2013, 7:17pm

I tested the R58 when it was a pre production prototype, way back in Aug/Sep 2011, not planning to review it any time soon.

I do like the spring Lever machines with the larger Pompeii sized group and even investigated getting one designed for the home. The main problem is siting the things on the counter top, as usually they don't fit under a kitchen cupboard, which in the UK can be a problem. One of the 2 machines I am waiting to see (once a prototype is fully built), is actually a nice lever machine.
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > DavecUK  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.395714044571)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+