Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
2k budget ideas and Quick Mill Anita vs Andreja Premium
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > 2k budget ideas...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
Author Messages
Dapuma

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013, 6:48pm
Subject: 2k budget ideas and Quick Mill Anita vs Andreja Premium

The Andreaj Premium is out of the budget range because I would still be using my spice grinder to make espresso which won't work at all, however Clive Coffee has a combo for 1999 - which would get me the Quick Mill Anita Espresso Machine and the Vario Grinder

I watched a video on Seattle Coffee Gear and decided the Vario grinder was sufficent and the W was money that I can be putting toward the machine

Now I know Thursday's are the day for refurbs at Baratza so I was wondering how much the refurb was wondering what they normally go for so maybe I can save another little bit toward the machine there

What is the main difference between the QM Anita vs Andreja Premium - the Premium looks a lot nicer, however I cannot really tell the main differences there

One review I read on the Anita was similar except for no direct plumb and the wands but another said theirs came with a no burn wand, so not sure there and if the review was accurate because of the conflicting info, how much is a no burn wand if i wanted to purchase one? - Seattle Coffee said $50 bucks is that about right?  Is that something Clive Coffee would carry, they offer a $75 gift certificate with that purchase

Also I see a lot of places online carrying the Rocket 58 (looks so awesome) and the v2 - both which are over the price range I can look at, however I do not see anyone carrying the Professionale model, that one looks nice on their website, is there a reason why no one is carrying that one?  Is that one lower priced in the range I can spend, and how would that compare to the QM Anita?

What other options should I consider for a Vario Grinder + Machine in my budget

Going to be making espresso's and latte / mocha / capps - on the weekend several times a day, probably not a lot during the week
 View Profile Link to this post
Markarian
Markarian
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi WT-WC
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP, HG One
Vac Pot: Bunn Trifecta MB
Drip: Moka, Aeropress, Hario V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 5:18am
Subject: Re: 2k budget ideas and Quick Mill Anita vs Andreja Premium

Have you considered the Oscar? It may not win any beauty contests, but it has one of the largest boilers of any home machine and steam power that is awesome to behold.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 9:04am

My opinion is with your stated budget you have a lot more choices than 2, not even mentioning my Oscar.

1-1.5k

Click Here (www.1st-line.com)

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Dapuma

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 2:57pm

Thank you for posting some other ideas for me - which leads me to more questions and comments:

1)  The oscar is too ugly dont want to use that thing
2)  La Nuova Era Cuadra Commercial Espresso Machine - V2 - is actually on sale for the same price as v1 and has a no burn wand - def a contender here! - I like the red sides for Manchester United, however the all stainless is probably the way to go
3)  Bezzera BZ07 - doesnt look bad either
4)  Fiorenzato Volante - takes a 20 amp circuit and it will be in the kitchen, but with the power this thing draws i am worried about blowing a fuse if anything else is on...probably not the best move for a kitchen with a Brevelle Smart Oven that takes a lot of amps as well - if there is a reason to consider this I am willing to listen
5)  Vibiemme Domobar Junior - really like the looks of this one and it has two gauges vs one, which I am not 100% sure what that means but I do know more is better :)

So what is different between the Anita and the other units?  they state they are commercial machines so what exactly does that mean?  I understand the vibratory motor is louder than the other type of motor, is that the only difference?  Why do some have two gauges and some have one gauge?

Thanks
Dapuma
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 3:03pm

Don't discount ugly ducklings....

Shiny SS is hard to clean
Some people are OCD about finger prints on SS
It can burn you
Bread bags can melt and stick to it.

Coffeenoobie

Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 3:12pm

Dapuma Said:

Thank you for posting some other ideas for me - which leads me to more questions and comments:

1)  The oscar is too ugly dont want to use that thing
2)  La Nuova Era Cuadra Commercial Espresso Machine - V2 - is actually on sale for the same price as v1 and has a no burn wand - def a contender here! - I like the red sides for Manchester United, however the all stainless is probably the way to go
3)  Bezzera BZ07 - doesnt look bad either
4)  Fiorenzato Volante - takes a 20 amp circuit and it will be in the kitchen, but with the power this thing draws i am worried about blowing a fuse if anything else is on...probably not the best move for a kitchen with a Brevelle Smart Oven that takes a lot of amps as well - if there is a reason to consider this I am willing to listen
5)  Vibiemme Domobar Junior - really like the looks of this one and it has two gauges vs one, which I am not 100% sure what that means but I do know more is better :)

So what is different between the Anita and the other units?  they state they are commercial machines so what exactly does that mean?  I understand the vibratory motor is louder than the other type of motor, is that the only difference?  Why do some have two gauges and some have one gauge?

Thanks
Dapuma

Posted February 19, 2013 link

1. Don't insult my baby.
  2. La Nuova looks like a good machine
  3. BZ07 looks good too
  4. If you can't plug it in then don't get it.
  5. More info is not better if you don't understand it.  

Read
"How to Buy an Espresso Machine"

Coffeenoobie

crazy4espresso
crazy4espresso

Espresso: Silvia, La Pavoni...
Grinder: Pharos
Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 3:29pm

Don't buy into products simply because they look pretty, i.e. have more gauges, lights, fancy gadgetry, etc.  The goal here is to make excellent espresso, that is the primary concern.  What good are gauges if you can't interpret the information?

Have a look at the machine in my avatar.  There are no gauges, no P.I.D's, no lights, no fuses, nothing. Is it capable of making excellent espresso? You bet your a** it is.
Dapuma

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 3:43pm

My point about the gauges was tongue in cheek, I know that more info is better and as I become more experienced I will use the additional info appropriately

I do want no burn arms, so if I cannot upgrade those an a machine that will rule it out

I truly do not know what the adv or disadvantages of these machines are vs the Anita, and this site doesn't offer the vario grinder but offers 100 off a diff grinder, so it would seem to indicate to change direction with my grinder ordering from these guys if that is the way I go

So if anyone can do a good pro con list that would be very much appreciated thank you
CharityV
CharityV

Espresso: Le'lit PL041
Grinder: Rocky DL
Roaster: SC/TO
Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 4:33pm

I feel the need to pipe in that it's okay for someone to consider personal aesthetics as just as important as the machine's ability to create great espresso. This is a huge investment, in a machine that will sit on your countertop for years to come.

Lots of machines in this range are capable of great espresso. If some of them are not to the personal tastes of the OP based solely on looks, he/she shouldn't be taken to task because of that. There are enough excellent machines out there to make everyone happy with their personal choice.  

To OP: I, too, have researched the differences between the Anita and Andreja. They are both fantastic machines that can make really excellent espresso. The main differences are that Andreja's ability to be plumbed, and the no burn wands it has. I believe you can "upgrade" the Anita's wands to no burn, but that question could be answered definitively with a phone call to Chris's Coffee or Seattle Coffee Gear.

Honestly, I have narrowed my choices down to the Anita, Andreja, or one of the Rocket models that are comparable. All are excellent machines, all have the SS look I personally prefer, and are prosumer E61 HX machines. The differences seem pretty minimal, when you get right down to it, which almost makes the decision harder. :)
Dapuma

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 4:52pm

When someone comes over and they say holy cow what's that, they are excited to have a drink from it, you eat with your eyes first, you do latte art because it is visually appealing, appearances do make a diff to me, and has to pass the wife test :)

CharityV, did you see any info about the rocket professional model? What made you narrow down the choice to those vs the commercial options Coffeenoobie listed

Coffeenoobie - no offense to your baby :)
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > 2k budget ideas...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.426575899124)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+