Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 162 of 261 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 4:19pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

Well heres my take on the whole thing...BD gets a new machine or his fixed. Good News. Breville stepped up and on a case by case
basis made it right. Good News. Now the embers of this debate are still glowing and people so quickley revert to argueing.
I personally wont buy a BDB  and thast o.k. I still feel there are better choices out there but live and let live. For now I think everyone should just be happy a guy who loves espresso gets a small reprieve on this journey and some corporate good will was extended. In the end the only ones who will be writing the BDB story is Breville and thats as it should be. When noobs come along and ask me about a machine, I will kindly give my advice and reasons for it. But when moderators have to come here to calm down a thread its just become
non productive. Anyways I think we just should all be happy for BD because really he
really lucked out in my opinion. Let time be the judge,nothing tests a machines durability like standing up to daily use over time,day in
and day out.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 5:34pm

Iluvdabean Said:

Well heres my take on the whole thing...BD gets a new machine or his fixed. Good News. Breville stepped up and on a case by case
basis made it right. Good News. Now the embers of this debate are still glowing and people so quickley revert to argueing.
I personally wont buy a BDB  and thast o.k. I still feel there are better choices out there but live and let live. For now I think everyone should just be happy a guy who loves espresso gets a small reprieve on this journey and some corporate good will was extended. In the end the only ones who will be writing the BDB story is Breville and thats as it should be. When noobs come along and ask me about a machine, I will kindly give my advice and reasons for it. But when moderators have to come here to calm down a thread its just become
non productive. This year sees me retireing and leaving California to a better place with slower paced life. I am seriuously thinking of getting a $1200 machine only because Ive finally reached the point after five years of daily Gaggia Classic use (Its still working fine)
that it seems right. The only reason would be more control but even though Ive been a member here for 6 or 7 years I wouldnt post a thread asking for advice because I know where it would end up. There are a few people here I would probably email and ask them. I would call a few places but my main concern would be reliability and that would be a first premium I would seek. Nothing in my mind
is any good unless it works most the time and it built well. Anyways I think we just should all be happy for BD because really he
really lucked out in my opinion. Let time be the judge,nothing tests a machines durability like standing up to daily use over time,day in
and day out.

Posted February 20, 2013 link

Totally agree with you.. I thought California was slow paced  :-)
 View Profile Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 8:51pm

One thing we all have in common is espresso.
dagoat

Espresso: La Pavoni Europiccola, BDB...
Grinder: baratza vario
Vac Pot: aeropress
Drip: manual
Roaster: cafe rosto
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:08pm

cuznvin Said:

I wish Salvatore made a reasonably priced DB....His machines look top notch.. A true Italian craftsman

Are you the same cat who was complaining that the Chinese have an unfair pricing advantage because of low wages and poor working conditions?  Salvatore's prices are the result of the opposite of both.  I'm flabbergasted that you would think his prices are high when his "factory" is exactly as socially responsible as someone like you would demand, (based on your stated expectations for labor).   Didn't you say that you are happy to pay more to support a more socially responsible position?  Salvatore's machines are way, waay, waaay cheaper than Synessos, BTW.

-Peter
BubbaDude
BubbaDude

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: Hottop 2KB
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:21pm

dagoat Said:

Salvatore's machines are way, waay, waaay cheaper than Synessos, BTW.

The PID'ed Dual Boiler is only $6000.00, what's the problem?

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
AlexKilpatrick

Grinder: Bairtiza Vario
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:25pm

BubbaDude Said:

I saw that too.  Yikes.   It does have a rotary pump and a six year warranty, but still...
BubbaDude
BubbaDude

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:28pm

AlexKilpatrick Said:

I saw that too.  Yikes.   It does have a rotary pump and a six year warranty, but still...

Five BDBs might last six years too, but I wouldn't buy them all at once.

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
dagoat

Espresso: La Pavoni Europiccola, BDB...
Grinder: baratza vario
Vac Pot: aeropress
Drip: manual
Roaster: cafe rosto
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:46pm

BubbaDude Said:

About what the socially responsibly manufactured, rotary pump, DB, PIDed GS/3 costs as well.  I see congruity in that.

-Peter
BubbaDude
BubbaDude

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:54pm

dagoat Said:

About what the socially responsibly manufactured, rotary pump, DB, PIDed GS/3 costs as well.  I see congruity in that.

-Peter

Virtue has a high price tag. Chevy Volt costs a fortune, but it makes one feel so pure.

Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:58pm

So BD did Breville contact you????? Whats the plan....new machine or repair time.
showing page 162 of 261 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.467188835144)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+