Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 163 of 265 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
BubbaDude
BubbaDude
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: Hottop 2KB
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:01pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

Iluvdabean Said:

So BD did Breville contact you????? Whats the plan....new machine or repair time.

Posted February 20, 2013 link

They called today, the new machine is on its way from LA.

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:10pm

Very good.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 3:38am

dagoat Said:

Are you the same cat who was complaining that the Chinese have an unfair pricing advantage because of low wages and poor working conditions?  Salvatore's prices are the result of the opposite of both.  I'm flabbergasted that you would think his prices are high when his "factory" is exactly as socially responsible as someone like you would demand, (based on your stated expectations for labor).   Didn't you say that you are happy to pay more to support a more socially responsible position?  Salvatore's machines are way, waay, waaay cheaper than Synessos, BTW.

-Peter

I said I wouldnt mind paying a little more... Secondly, his double boiler machine is huge and something like $6000. So dont put words in my mouth. I wouldnt call where he builds his machines a factory either. If Iwanted an HX I would certainly buy his HX MAchine for $2000. If I made the money you did as an airline pilot and had $6000 I would buy it if I had the room for it. Oh.. BTW.. I am not a cat.
 View Profile Link to this post
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 5:37am

BubbaDude Said:

Waiting for the call, but Phil said new machine.

Question:  what if you were Mr. Joe Blow?  What if you were the average consumer, one who didn't jump up-and-down online singing the praises of the BDB and affecting an entire online community?  What if you didn't know CoffeeGeek existed?  What if one of the key people at Breville didn't read your online post, and know that -- for the cost of one new BDB -- he could sell hundreds by keeping you happy, knowing you'll continue to sing not only the praises of the BDB, but the great customer relations they have?

Richard, don't misunderstand me:  I am happy you're being taken care of.  However, I can't help but wonder what would happen to the "average Joe" in this situation . . . .

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
tinytot2

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: Vario W
Drip: Breville YouBrew
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 6:47am

JasonBrandtLewis Said:

Question:  what if you were Mr. Joe Blow?  What if you were the average consumer, one who didn't jump up-and-down online singing the praises of the BDB and affecting an entire online community?  What if you didn't know CoffeeGeek existed?  What if one of the key people at Breville didn't read your online post, and know that -- for the cost of one new BDB -- he could sell hundreds by keeping you happy, knowing you'll continue to sing not only the praises of the BDB, but the great customer relations they have?

Richard, don't misunderstand me:  I am happy you're being taken care of.  However, I can't help but wonder what would happen to the "average Joe" in this situation . . . .

Posted February 21, 2013 link

Sadly, it seems that blasting the manufacturer through public media (Facebook, CoffeeGeek, etc) is the step that many people have to turn to these days in order to get decent customer service :(

It really is sad that manufacturers just can't step it up.
joatmon

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 7:16am

Removed
tinytot2

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 7:23am

joatmon Said:

I would not be expecting great customer service if I bought a used machine on-line.  Would you?

I would expect a good level of customer service if I bought a new Breville from Williams Sonoma.

The level of customer service should be the same whether you have a new or used machine.  Granted, people need to understand that they may need to spend their own money if their machine is purchased used or out of warranty.
JJC
JJC

Espresso: Breville 900Xl, Saeco...
Grinder: Compak K3
Roaster: Behmor, Nesco
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 7:45am

Speaking with great frustration!

THIS IS THE BREVILLE .... OWNER's Thread.

It is a place to exchange information about the BDB among owners.
I have found it useful in the past and hope to in the future for making best use of my machine and understanding
possible problems and solutions.

I am very interested in Richard's problems and their solution.
I am very interested in the o-rings on the 3-way valve issue.

However, it is very difficult to ferret out useful information on this thread because people who are not owners insist on
posting their negative views about the BDB every time someone has a problem, clogging the feed of messages. Then these
non-owners spin off into discussions of manufacturing in China vs other places and then on to the best color lipstick for their pig.

I have a modest request. If you non-owners would think before you post. "Will this help BDB owners in their use of their
existing machines?" If the answer is No, go start a thread that might be titled something like:
Breville Dual Boiler Non-Owners thread.

Really, you outsiders are for the most part greatly reducing the value of this thread and CG in general as a way for
BDB owners to exchange information.
piross

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 7:49am

Amen.

JJC Said:

Speaking with great frustration!

THIS IS THE BREVILLE .... OWNER's Thread.

It is a place to exchange information about the BDB among owners.
I have found it useful in the past and hope to in the future for making best use of my machine and understanding
possible problems and solutions.

I am very interested in Richard's problems and their solution.
I am very interested in the o-rings on the 3-way valve issue.

However, it is very difficult to ferret out useful information on this thread because people who are not owners insist on
posting their negative views about the BDB every time someone has a problem, clogging the feed of messages. Then these
non-owners spin off into discussions of manufacturing in China vs other places and then on to the best color lipstick for their pig.

I have a modest request. If you non-owners would think before you post. "Will this help BDB owners in their use of their
existing machines?" If the answer is No, go start a thread that might be titled something like:
Breville Dual Boiler Non-Owners thread.

Really, you outsiders are for the most part greatly reducing the value of this thread and CG in general as a way for
BDB owners to exchange information.

tinytot2

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 8:01am

My apologies.  I'm actually looking to buy one (still am) and customer service is important to me and part of being an "almost" owner.  I can see where it got too off topic, though.

Editing to say that I was only posting here as a non-owner because I'd only get "run away... don't buy one" if I tried starting a new thread.
showing page 163 of 265 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.447663068771)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+