Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Need new gauges for my Quick Mill Andreja, can't find the correct ones ??
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Need new gauges...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
qwertyuiop7

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Andreja Premium
Grinder: Mazzer Mini type A
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 2:11pm
Subject: Need new gauges for my Quick Mill Andreja, can't find the correct ones ??

]]]Hi,

My Quick mill Andreja is very poorly and in need of some serious TLC, loads of things wrong with it which i will bore you with in later posts :D
First things I need to replace are the gauges on the front of the machine.
The boiler pressure gauge won't return to zero, its rest point when cold is 1.5 bar then goes of the scale when it warms up and the brew pressure one has started to leak inside and is now rusty and stuck solid at 6 bar  :oops:
Click Here (i690.photobucket.com)

I ordered a some replacements from the Quick Mill agent here in the UK, but they aren't the same, the label on the new ones say they are from an Izzo, called the dealer and they say they will fit and that they don't stock any other kind ?
Both my gauges have a screw fitting on the back but the new Izzo ones have the copper pipe already soldered in to it, also both copper pipes on my machine are much longer than the ones supplied with the Izzo guages so when i un-wind them there will be a load less coils, which seems a wrong as the 3 full coils on my original pipework must be there for a reason.

What are the coils for ???? Does the length of copper pipe actually make a difference?? (New Izzo one on the left)

On the new ones, the actual gauges themselves are correct, both are the same diameter and have identical dials, it's just the the connections on the back that are different, but as the new one is soldered I can't simply swap them over.
I can get a correct set from the ChrisCoffee but air shipping/import tax and vat will make them super super expensive and I'm already up to 150 on bits so need to keep any further spend to a minimum.
Will the Izzo ones be ok?? Or do you know of any cheaper alternatives?

Just thought i should add that the brew pressure guage needle used to bounce around like a mad man when i pulled a shot, fluctuating by about +-3 bar around the 9 bar brew pressue, i assume this has now broken the internals, and hopefully the new one won't do the same
Cheers

Phil
 View Profile Link to this post
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:12pm
Subject: Re: Need new gauges for my Quick Mill Andreja, can't find the correct ones ??

The coils a re not critical, in part they allow for some flex and movement during transit, also things to be moved around during assembly (e.g. some tolerance) and for flex during operation. Just use them they will be fine, if you can reach and still have one coil or 2, then it will be OK.

Don't overthink it!
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Need new gauges...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.315521001816)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+