Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Trying to Decide R58, Quickmill Qm7,  Breville DB
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Trying to Decide...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 34 of 41 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 7:47pm
Subject: Re: Trying to Decide R58, Quickmill Qm7,  Breville DB

CoffeeRon Said:

Don't let it bother you BD, I'm sure anyone with the BDB on thier short list of perspective machines followed your saga with great interest. I'm really glad things worked out for you and I would like to believe the attention you got from one of Brevilles higher ups goes beyond just you and brought some attention to thier customer support practices in general, to make sure the "average Joe" gets the same attention. Anyone who would take the time to clip all your posts from the past week or so for the purpose of criticizing you has way to much time on thier hands, and is not making any valuable contribution to this forum, just wasting space.

Posted February 22, 2013 link

Well ron,, did you ever hear the saying.. You reap what you sow????
 View Profile Link to this post
KBO17
KBO17
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rocket R58
Grinder: Compak K3T
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:07pm

Italo2275 Said:

Maybe I should start a new Thread for issues on Espresso machines or something.
So maybe this is normal and would like to know how other dual boiler work.
I noticed when I run the Hot water handle and take out like a cup of water, the boiler refills right away, is this normal? Also it happend onece that after that happens and I try to make an espresso the pump will not turn on. I had to shit the machine off and on again.

Posted February 20, 2013 link

Please do advise once you hear from idrinkcoffee.com. I just ordered my R58 from their open box sale. I am hoping that since its an open box it may have had a little more attention before it shipped. I should receive it early this week.

On another note WLL has decided to stop carrying this unit for the time being due to significant shipping related issues. Mentioned this to iDC and they assured me that they are aware of this issue and have improved their packaging to eliminate this issue.

Fingers crossed!
cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:13pm

KBO17 Said:

Please do advise once you hear from idrinkcoffee.com. I just ordered my R58 from their open box sale. I am hoping that since its an open box it may have had a little more attention before it shipped. I should receive it early this week.

On another note WLL has decided to stop carrying this unit for the time being due to significant shipping related issues. Mentioned this to iDC and they assured me that they are aware of this issue and have improved their packaging to eliminate this issue.

Fingers crossed!

The way things are going his machine may be in an open box sale!! LOL.. FYI.. the issues with this machine were not only shipping issues. WLL will tell you what you want to hear. Italo can tell you more but I believe they now want to replace his motor. Did you ask the reason as to why the machine was returned?
CoffeeRon
CoffeeRon

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:26pm

cuznvin Said:

Well ron,, did you ever hear the saying.. You reap what you sow????

Was I talking to you?
cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:30pm

CoffeeRon Said:

Was I talking to you?

and your point?
airflite1

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:34pm

cuznvin Said:

The way things are going his machine may be in an open box sale!! LOL.. FYI.. the issues with this machine were not only shipping issues. WLL will tell you what you want to hear. Italo can tell you more but I believe they now want to replace his motor. Did you ask the reason as to why the machine was returned?

I'm still planning on buying an R58, I've visited with WLL and the shipping issues are the reason they have temporarily stopped handling them, they had a referbished R58 but the sale needed to be non shipping.  My work is seasonal so in a couple of weeks I won't be home for 8 to 10 months and by then I expect the issues to be sorted out, if not I'll go with a Duetto III which most people feel is a better machine but I just like the looks of the R58.
cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:37pm

airflite1 Said:

I'm still planning on buying an R58, I've visited with WLL and the shipping issues are the reason they have temporarily stopped handling them, they had a referbished R58 but the sale needed to be non shipping.  My work is seasonal so in a couple of weeks I won't be home for 8 to 10 months and by then I expect the issues to be sorted out, if not I'll go with a Duetto III which most people feel is a better machine but I just like the looks of the R58.

The R58 has great looks. I think in 8-10 months the issues will be fixed .Just dont let them fool you by telling you the only issues were due to shipping. That isnt the case. Check SCG, they also had a refurb R58. The new R58 that are going to be shipped have a few changes made to them. There will probably even be some new machines out by the time you are ready!
KBO17
KBO17
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rocket R58
Grinder: Compak K3T
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:40pm

cuznvin Said:

Oh dear.......  Hopefully I manage to dodge the bullet!!!  No I did not ask as I like to be optimistic and rely on their professionalism to deliver a fully fonctional and tested unit.
cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:42pm

Dont worry.. You will always have the option to return it.. Hope all goes well with it. Like you said.. hopefully they gave it a good check..
cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:45pm

I still dont get why the QM67 doesnt draw much attention. ALso, the Duetto seems a lot quieter then the R58 from what I have seen and heard..
showing page 34 of 41 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Trying to Decide...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.596118927002)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+