Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Espresso machine finalist
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Espresso machine...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
coffeestig

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill QM67
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Electronic...
Drip: French Press
Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013, 11:37am
Subject: Re: Espresso machine finalist

germantownrob Said:

My sink either but a great idea was passed onto me to just add a fitting and shut off and length of hose needed to get where you need to go, keep it wrapped up like a garden hose under the sink. Heck it could be run in the cabinets and come out next to the machine just like one at the sink.

Posted February 25, 2013 link

That would be easy.  And is a great idea!
 View Profile Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013, 11:40am

The under the sink hose is what I was suggesting when I said add something to make it easy.  I just did not have the idea totally worked out in my mind.   Thanks Rob.  Great kitchen by the way.  I hate you now.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013, 11:50am

Nice kitchen! Going through granite is not a big deal but I understand not putting holes in granite as well.  I can't tell what your back splash is but getting water supply to come out the wall by the machine location is not a huge undertaking for the right person, but I am not here to convince you that plumbing in will always be more convenient in the long run then using a tank. I think any of your machine choices will look great in your kitchen but the Duetto 3 will look like it belongs IMO.

EDIT: just so you know the Duetto ships with a thermostat line that needs to be hooked up inside and there where a few more things I had to do to the machine in the first week of owning it. Some tools are needed and the desire to get under the hood is very helpful.

Coffeenoobie Said:

The under the sink hose is what I was suggesting when I said add something to make it easy.  I just did not have the idea totally worked out in my mind.   Thanks Rob.  Great kitchen by the way.  I hate you now.

Thank RandyG, he passed the idea onto me, one of those ah ha moments for me.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013, 12:19pm

I did that with a garden hose and my large fish tank.  I had the hose cut to the right length and kept it inside (to keep it clean) and hooked it up right outside the kitchen door and drug the hose to the tank through the kitchen.  Less water on the floor.

Coffeenoobie

coffeestig

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013, 2:25pm

Update:  I just got off of the phone with Clive Coffee...  They were very kind on the phone. I mentioned the 3 choices listed with the addition of the Breville Double Boiler.  They Raved about the Spaz Mini but said the Dream T had a lot of irregularities to work though.  Surprisingly they had nothing but praise for the Breville and stated the shot would be just as good and that their only potential concern was longevity which only time would tell and that the Alex and Spaz were to be though of more as lifetime machines.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013, 5:10pm

When I was shopping the guy at Clive's made me a shot on the BDB and it was a very good shot.  I can't afford to gamble on the life time of the machine at 1200.

Coffeenoobie

tinytot2

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: Vario W
Drip: Breville YouBrew
Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013, 7:10pm

Coffeenoobie Said:

When I was shopping the guy at Clive's made me a shot on the BDB and it was a very good shot.  I can't afford to gamble on the life time of the machine at 1200.

This is one of the main reasons I'm swaying toward the Mini Vivaldi instead of the BDB.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013, 12:29am

1200 is not pocket change to me.  If it was I might feel differently.  At that price I expect to last as long as my washer/dryer  or my dishwasher.  I am not convinced that the BDB will.

Coffeenoobie

JohnLyn
JohnLyn

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldy
Grinder: Vario
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Toastess popper
Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013, 8:08am

I had spoken with CLive as well after giving up on four replaced BDB's. At least for the risk they do respect their warranty with no problems, the real problem with the BDB is post warrenty. That was one of the three places where the techs preferred (slightly), the S2 with no complaints regarding the Duetto. They have just seen less issues. 2 year warranty is attractive as well. They are also great for helping out and spending some time using the machines.

The BDB is easy to use, you have to pay a bit more attention with the S2. I find that they make comparable coffee, but I have peace of mind with the S2. I'm also sure that I would have been happy with the Duetto. Some people have said that it comes down to which machine you like the looks of best because they are so comparable in terms performance.

one thing to consider is that with the Duetto one has the option to go between tank and plumed. I am happy with the tank, but if I wanted to go plumed I would have to change machines. Something to think about.
coffeestig

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013, 1:34pm

Pulled the trigger...  Chris Coffee was amazing to work with.  Friday night is going to be a long night I think...

992 QM67 Dual Boiler by Quick Mill

2831AG Mazzer Mini Electronic Doserless Espresso Grinder Type A

RANBPF Bottomless Portafilter: Rancilio Plain Handle

ESPRO58 Espro Automatic Tampers - 58 mm

TUBBI Cafelat Knockbox: Tubbi - Black

EP-12 Pro Barista Steaming Pitchers - 12 oz.

FCL500 Full Circle Coffee Equipment Wash

2R4156 Machristay Black Pearl Espresso Whole Bean - 2.2lbs
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Espresso machine...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.547071933746)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+