Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Rancilio Audrey steam tip and reservoir needed
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rancilio Audrey...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
benpiff
benpiff
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano2b,R58,VetranoHX
Grinder: K10Fresh,LSM FK
Vac Pot: Pharos
Drip: NS Elli,GrimacMini
Roaster: Sonofresco ADR
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 9:04pm
Subject: Rancilio Audrey steam tip and reservoir needed

Hey guys, I bought an Audrey with an older Rocky a little while ago and steaming with it is a mess because it doesn't have a tip (just a fat open wand). Does anyone know a place that might have one?

Edit: While the reservoir was out being repaired (had some hairline cracks), a housemate stepped on it and destroyed it. Ugh. Does anyone know where I could find a replacement or alternate container that would fit?

www.oldparkedcars.com
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
benpiff
benpiff

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013, 7:59pm
Subject: Re: Rancilio Audrey steam tip needed

Bump

www.oldparkedcars.com
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:24am
Subject: Re: Rancilio Audrey steam tip needed

Are you looking for OEM, or just a fit?  Some of the Gaggia, Saeco/Starbucks, and Delonghi may fit.  If interested, what is the OD of the steam tube?

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
 View Profile Link to this post
benpiff
benpiff

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 10:59am
Subject: Re: Rancilio Audrey steam tip and reservoir needed

I don't have a caliper here at home, but it looks like the same diameter as Gaggia steam wands. But what part are you saying might fit? The Audrey wand threads into the valve at the top, and I believe it's female threaded (on the inside) requiring a male threaded steam tip.

Also, really bummed to find out someone broke my reservoir. So I also need to find a replacement or alternative.

www.oldparkedcars.com
Markarian
Markarian
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi WT-WC
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP, HG One
Vac Pot: Bunn Trifecta MB
Drip: Moka, Aeropress, Hario V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:14am

I assume the Silvia wand wouldn't fit? I use a Silvia tip for my Oscar, but it looks like the Audrey's wand is a bit unusual and seems almost like a single piece from the pictures I've looked at.

I just noticed you have two E61 machines (HX and DB) and a roaster who's manufacturer won't even list their pricing on their website, yet you sound pretty distressed about a plastic SBDU machine from the 90s being out of service. Are you a collector or is this your travel machine? I'm just curious. Obviously it's awful when any machine is needlessly broken, I was just wondering.
benpiff
benpiff

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:35am

Ha! Touché my friend. I tried a V2 silvia wand and tip, but they're not going to work unless I possibly find the complete valve (but the steam knob configuration is pretty unique too).

I bought this machine (with a matching grinder) with a family member in mind, and it's turned out to be a real headache. I had hoped it could be an easy plug and play setup. I play with a lot of machines and usually don't hang onto them for very long, and most of my collection begins as projects, which I have way too many of. So my frustration also has to do with having all these little things that don't really feel worth doing, but I'm in between jobs so I can't afford to throw these things out.

www.oldparkedcars.com
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:39am

I am looking at the parts diagram.

http://www.partsguru.com/user/AudreyParts.pdf

That "tip" looks like you could use a slip over like the one on the Classic and many other machine, Delonghi ..

Click Here (www.partsguru.com)

You wanted a tip, not a wand.  That wand looks proprietary to the Audrey and I assumed it to be intact from your first post.  The Gaggia OD is about 0.236" as is Delonghi.  You can find several types of slipover tips by going through that partsguru site looking at different parts diagrams.  Unfortunately the tips are not usually great and most us of replace the wand with the V1-2 Silvia.  Thus my original question, are you just looking for a tip, any tip, as it may be better than the open wand.

Hope this helps.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rancilio Audrey...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.362691879272)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+