Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
SuperAuto for workplace
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > SuperAuto for...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
KorrMuraan

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Seriously?
Roaster: Strongtree
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 6:31am
Subject: SuperAuto for workplace

Came across this at amazon... MTN Gearsmith? Anyone heard of this or can vouch for it?

New MTN Gearsmith Commercial Grade Fully Automatic Expresso Coffee Maker Machine - Model C by MTN Gearsmith
Permalink: http://amzn.com/B004ZP27PM

INVENSYS Pump 19 bars from Italy
   AWECO Flowmeter from Germany
   Fully automatic espresso maker with LCD screen
   Brew automatic coffee just by pushing a small button
   Certificate: UL,GS,CE,ROHS,EMC

At $400 I'm very suspicious but wanted to run it past you guys.
 View Profile Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 8:46am
Subject: Re: SuperAuto for workplace

Never heard of it.  If you want a real machine for your office consider a Oscar that is set up for pods. You can often find them used in the 400-500 range.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
MatP

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Macap MXP
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 9:00am

KorrMuraan,

when you say it is for the workplace, I am assuming the machine will be used by a lot of people, and most of them won't take good care of the machine. For this reason, I would look for a machine that:

• has no burning parts, for safety, because in a company everybody is considered as a 5 year old :-)
  • Is easy to clean
  • does not use too much water. The reason is that a lot of full auto machines have a cleaning cycle that will empty the tank very quickly and fill the tray as fast. It will be a pain for your fellow coworkers to fill the tank and empty the tray often.
  • is easy to use, so that nobody will/can mess with the settings. One or 2 buttons, done.

Then you have to see how much flexibility you want with the machine. What kind of drink it should make, stuff like that.

At my company, they decided to go for a Nespresso (from their pro range). The reason is that there is no mess and users cannot fail to make a short coffee. For long coffee, we have a couple drip machines. The drawback with nespresso is that the coffee pods are pretty expensive. But the quality is ok (not as good as home of course).

Another device on the side is used for frothing the milk. It is really important it is (easy to be) cleaned daily as milk go bad.

I must say that I did not know about all those consideration until I chatted about it with someone from HR :-)

Cheers

MatP
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 10:13am

It looks like a re-badged machine from some other company. There is a similar one below that on the same page is Silver that is remarkably similar to the MTN.
A "commercial grade" super auto for $400! It is to laugh. By the second or third time it needs to be sent for service (assuming that the company is still in business), spending in shipping near the total purchase cost of the machine, and folks going three to four weeks without coffee each time it is sent to be repaired, you will have few friends left in the company.

You would be better off with a Keurig.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CMIN

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 12:07pm

Not even close to a commercial superauto, which are $$$$. Looks like a rebadge cheap/low end superauto which are junk,  heck even superautos starting in the thousands suck as far as coffee vs a basic semi-auto machine and good grinder.
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 12:55pm

THIS is a commercial machine.  $18,000+.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
takeshi
takeshi

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0
Grinder: Super Jolly
Roaster: Amaya Roasting
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 5:33pm

KorrMuraan Said:

At $400 I'm very suspicious but wanted to run it past you guys.

Posted March 8, 2013 link

It's definitely not "commercial grade".  If you're looking for something in that price range for the office your best bet is probably a single serve machine.
kboom1
kboom1

Espresso: Alex2HX,Alex Duetto,Rancilio...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky,Vario
Roaster: Behmor x2 / USRC Sample...
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 5:38pm

seen some post a while ago somewhere  that said it was comparable to a jura but had reliability issuses.
KorrMuraan

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Seriously?
Roaster: Strongtree
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 9:51pm

Thanks guys.

Yeah that's what I assumed at the asking price. I just want to get away from the drip at the office and I absolutely despise Keurig.

Trouble is, with smaller offices it's harder to justify the $2k+ superauto and this is one area you can't really *ease* into. It's all or nothing or you end up with sub-par bean juice.

I might just bring in a press if I can't get my supervisor to auth a decent machine.
slybarman
slybarman

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Sat Mar 9, 2013, 5:32am

I owned two different super autos from Saeco. They were great machines and make better coffee than most around here give them credit for. I don't know that I would have drank straight espresso shots from them, but they made quite good lattes/cappucinnos. No - not as good as my semi-auto, but certainly quite drinkable. They also steamed well enough to do latte art. etc. I do not think you can do too wrong with any machine from their line up.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > SuperAuto for...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.407449007034)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+