Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Machine Information and Picture
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rocket R58 Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 22 last page next page
Author Messages
iDrinkCoffeeCanada

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: LM GS/3 MP, Speedster,...
Grinder: Versalab, Robur E
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Technivorm KBT-741
Roaster: Diedrich IR-12
Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012, 6:07am
Subject: Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Machine Information and Picture

Hi Everyone,

After several months of patient waiting I can finally share some information about Rocket's upcoming dual boiler machine.  It will be called the Rocket R58.  I have included a picture of the machine and the specifications.  The retail price will be $2699 and it will be available in Canada in mid May.  What makes this machine really special in my mind is Rocket's aesthetic sensibility.  The PID controller for the boilers is external so there isn't the awkward aesthetic mix of analog dials and digital displays.  Rocket has always been known for their styling and this machine is no exception.  

Link to the picture:

Click Here (www.facebook.com)

Here are the specs:

Bodywork: All stainless steel (AISI 304) with stainless steel cup frame surround.

Brewing head: Commercial brewing head. Weight 4.05 kg (9 lb).

Pre-infusion: Dual pre-infusion system: mechanical pre-infusion system with progressively working piston and static pre-infusion chamber. This reflects into smooth coffee extraction with optimum aroma, body and “crema”.

Dual boiler system for optimum coffee and  steam / hot water performances:Rocket R 58 machines come with one dedicated boiler for coffee water and one  boiler for steam and hot water (service boiler). The guarantee for consistent performances and temperature stability.

Boilers:
Coffee water boiler:  0.58 litre capacity. Copper made.
Service boiler: 1.7 litre capacity. Copper made. Boiler comes with lead free brass endplates and additional external insulation for optimum thermal retention.
Optimised boiler capacity ratio to heater power. Results in fast heat up time.

Heaters:
Coffee water boiler: 1.400 W
Service boiler: 1.400 W
Max. simultaneous power consumption: 1.550 W

Pump type: Full commercial rotary type pump (not vibration type pump) with external pressure adjustment.

Temperature control of boilers: Electronic control by PID sensors inside the boilers for precise temperature control.

Pressure gauges: One dedicated gauge for pump pressure and one for service boiler pressure control.

Stainless steel steam wand: With our cool-touch technology: anti-burn (only the nozzle gets hot); easy cleaning as milk does not bake on wand; more efficient steam, as heat is not dissipated around the wand. Steam nozzle designed for easy milk foaming with fine texture.

Electronically controlled: Microprocessor controlled automatic level control of coffee water boiler, service boiler and fresh water reservoir, with low water level indication system.

Safety valve: Fully certified commercially rated safety valve.

Water supply: 2.5 litre fresh water reservoir or alternatively direct water connection (hard plumbed) with full drip tray drainage system.

Dimensions (WxDxH) 31 cm x 44 cm x 41 cm or 12.2 in x 17,32 in x 16.14 in

Weight: 29 kg / 64 lb

Additionally: Full size commercial one and two cup filter handles and baskets. One blind filter. Metal tamper. Microfiber towel. Group cleaning brush. Full training guide and instructions (CD and manual).

Find www.iDrinkCoffee.com on facebook and become a fan for deals, contests and more.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
frcn
frcn

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012, 6:54am
Subject: Re: Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Machine Information and Picture

It will be interesting to see what the street price will be for this machine. If it sells for that on the street then it will be compared to the VBM as well as the other DB offerings in that high-end range. There are some interesting specification entries:
- the two 1400 watt heating elements means that only one can be on at a time.
- no mention of brew water preheating
- external pressure adjustment for the rotary pump is a nice touch.
- no pressurestats is also nice
- if the brew boiler is dedicated, it is reasonable to assume that it would be 100% full all the time. Why would it need to have the level electronically controlled???
- cool touch wands have been a compromise as they generally lessen steaming power.
- I wonder if it will be easily switched from plumb to reservoir (making descaling a lot easier)
- I like the spin they put on the preinfusion "feature" making it sound special when it has always been part of the E-61's design.
- the PID is external which leads me to believe that internal space is limited possibly making repairs a bit more difficult. It will be interesting to see how they accomplished that.

I do like the looks of the cabinet. VBM could take a lesson here. It will, be interesting to see if it is quieter than the VBM, which really would not be too difficult to accomplish. It does look very German-Industrial-Steampunkish with the large 1930's control knobs and hex bolts holding the valves to the case.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
iroast

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012, 6:41am

Frcn,

Thanks for your thoughts on this machine. I'd definitely want to see a comparison between the R58, the VBM and the Duetto II.
 View Profile Link to this post
ee61
ee61
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012, 12:09pm

QUOTED: "After several months of patient waiting I can finally share some information about Rocket's upcoming dual boiler machine.  It will be called the Rocket R58."

Several months.. pfffff.  (Sarcasm)  I have been waiting 2 years 5 months for Rocket to release a Dual Boiler PID. I Could not be more excited. Finally a machine with good looks and nice technology enhancements. So how excited am I? Well I actually feel like running naked in the streets! Hip Hip Hooray!
iroast

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012, 12:31pm

ee61 Said:

QUOTED: "After several months of patient waiting I can finally share some information about Rocket's upcoming dual boiler machine.  It will be called the Rocket R58."

Several months.. pfffff.  (Sarcasm)  I have been waiting 2 years 5 months for Rocket to release a Dual Boiler PID. I Could not be more excited. Finally a machine with good looks and nice technology enhancements. So how excited am I? Well I actually feel like running naked in the streets! Hip Hip Hooray!

Posted April 11, 2012 link

Don't forget your naked portafilter! Can't go running naked in the streets without one.
iDrinkCoffeeCanada

Espresso: LM GS/3 MP, Speedster,...
Grinder: Versalab, Robur E
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Technivorm KBT-741
Roaster: Diedrich IR-12
Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012, 6:20pm

ee61 Said:

Posted April 11, 2012 link

It's that I have been biting my tongue for several months.  Rocket has been quietly testing this machine for nearly a year but they didn't want to say anything until it was ready to be released and now it is.  We will have our first shipment the 3rd week of May.

Find www.iDrinkCoffee.com on facebook and become a fan for deals, contests and more.
Veets

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012, 5:54am

Hi
Where are the PID controls located ?
Are they easy to access for temp changes ?
Any photos showing controls ?
Thanks
9dragons

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012, 2:30pm

Yes please give us more details if possible.  Me and probably a lot of people are on pre-order for duettos and might consider switching to a rocket if we knew more.  Thanks!
9dragons

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012, 3:35pm

I found this from a german page using google translate Click Here (www.stoll-espresso.de)

What we notice about the positive Rocket R58:

very dry steam - great for latte art
   Very good reproducible result by 450 cc big thermosyphonic Wasserkereislaufs the espresso boiler
   5 min warm-up - unbelievable for a Faema coffee dispenser - resulting from the two heaters in the two boilers!
   both separately and switch heaters never work simultaneously!
   super good and clean processing, uniform gaps
   PID controller in a separate module - plugged via a serial interface
   Permanent water supply on the ground can be rotated 360 °
   Rotary pump mounted vibration
   Choice of fresh water supply or water tank operation possible
   either fixed water / water tank operation via software adjustable
   Manometerqualität good - bigger!
   Professional Sirai pressostat
   Faema big professional NoburN steam and hot water pipes
   Stainless steel cup rail as standard
   the included accessories are stowed on the clean machine in the Styroporumverpackung (see photo)
frcn
frcn

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012, 4:00pm

5 min. warm up  for an E-61? Unless they came up with an active (electrical) heater in the group, I don't believe that they can heat the group that quickly. I believe that this is just the time for the heating element to be switched off by the sensor for the PID fully immersed in the boiler.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
showing page 1 of 22 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rocket R58 Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.405540943146)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+