Espresso: Espresso Machines
Espresso cups
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Espresso cups  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
silvers

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 4:12pm
Subject: Espresso cups

Okay so we all love espresso and there are beautiful machines out here but I see so little on espresso cups.

First. Lets see all the cool colourful unusual espresso cups that are out there.  I've been always on the hunt for fun colourful ones which are actually really hard to find

Also

I wonder has anyone looked into the shape of a cup or the thickness and related it to how the coffee touches your Tongue, similar to wine.  

I know I should post some of my own but I only have a boring white one. But once I get some ill post
 View Profile Link to this post
Markarian
Markarian
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi WT-WC
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP, HG One
Vac Pot: Bunn Trifecta MB
Drip: Moka, Aeropress, Hario V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 4:16pm
Subject: Re: Espresso cups

It's funny you mention this, because I kept seeing the Bodum Pavina cups on YouTube and how sexy they looked. I was at SCG yesterday so decided to pick some up. I highly recommend them. They look nice, keep your shot warm, and let you see blonding in the cup at the bottom so you know exactly when to cut your shot short for a ristretto. I found them incredibly useful. Here's a macchiato I made last night:

Markarian: IMG_0701a.jpg
(Click for larger image)
silvers

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 5:59pm

The looks very tasty.  I have a similar shot glass I use for making a shot. Double walled and Pyrex glass.
silvers

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 5:59pm

The looks very tasty.  I have a similar shot glass I use for making a shot. Double walled and Pyrex glass.
myallawala
myallawala
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Mazzer Major & Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama Burner
Drip: Hario V60 & Chemex
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 6:07pm

I really enjoy the illy style espresso cups. The really thick walls have an awesome lip-feel and experience (imo) than the Lavazza cups I also have. Unfortunately I received a pair of the illy cups free when I first started on coffee (via the subscription) and found a dozen Lavazza cups on the bay for pretty cheap. Everytime the wash runs I grab the illy cups first for my shots because I enjoy using them so much.

I also have a few Turkish Coffee cups from a local middle eastern store but they aren't very substantial and I have no good reason why I don't brew in them. It just lessens the experience for me. I totally agree the cup makes a difference.

(For the record, the Lavazza Cappuccino cups are way better for me than the illy ones--They are SLIGHTLY larger volume and this allows me to use my 18g VST and get all the goodness out of my dose and steam a good amount of milk. I waste less and enjoy more.)
EndTwo

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Apscaso uno steel prof
Grinder: Mazzer Major DR + Mahlkönig...
Drip: french press, ceramic v60...
Roaster: skillet
Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 4:21am

For the moment boring ugly IKEA cups. But Im sooooo gonna get some of these...
Edit: And now I ordered 4 of them...

EndTwo: crushed-cup-espresso-kop.jpg
(Click for larger image)
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Espresso cups  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.349543094635)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+