Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 117 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 6:33pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

ECM Said:

Yes but if you jsut want a bottomless is $85.00.  I like the 15* angle of the PF.  It helps to prevent dinging up the group head as a traditional PF puts your hand into an un-natural position.  My old group had several little dings from striking it with the PF when trying to insert the PF half asleap.

Posted September 6, 2013 link

i like that its all stainless.
 View Profile Link to this post
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 6:45pm

ECM Said:

Yes but if you jsut want a bottomless is $85.00.  I like the 15* angle of the PF.  It helps to prevent dinging up the group head as a traditional PF puts your hand into an un-natural position.  My old group had several little dings from striking it with the PF when trying to insert the PF half asleap.

The porta filters that come with the V2B also have an angled handle on them. However, it does not come with a bottomless portafilter.
ECM
ECM

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Mazzer Robour E
Vac Pot: French Press
Drip: no
Roaster: Fresh Roast+8,  i-roast and...
Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 6:52pm

I do see they are angled but I don't think it's quite the 15* slope is it?  I'm just judging from videos and photos.  At any rate I guess it's a matter of opinion.  I like that it's totally stainless.  It's a lot easier to clean.  They also claim that because it's stainless you don't really need to use espresso machine cleaner.  You can just use a bit of soap and water and the oils wipe right off.  This was the case with La Marzocco Pf's as well.  It you have ever seen the inside of old used PF's you would probably agree that it's a good investment.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
DavecUK

Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 6:58pm

cuznvin Said:

i like that its all stainless.

I prefer a chromed brass portafilter for the thermal characteristics
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 7:00pm

Well, this is not the first time that the angle has come up so I went and measured mine. I would put the angle at 12.5 on the stock portafilters.
cuznvin

Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 7:02pm

DavecUK Said:

I prefer a chromed brass portafilter for the thermal characteristics

that what makes having a choice so great!! to each his own!! so i guess you dont like stainless boilers either..
ECM
ECM

Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 7:09pm

I know that LM uses stainless with the GS3 and according to them the stainless is a better choice as it heats up faster and that there is really no apprciable difference in thermal stability.  I'm not saying I believe that but I doubt there is really enough of a difference that one would notice in the cup.  But again... it's personal preference.
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 7:21pm

ECM Said:

I know that LM uses stainless with the GS3 and according to them the stainless is a better choice as it heats up faster and that there is really no apprciable difference in thermal stability.  I'm not saying I believe that but I doubt there is really enough of a difference that one would notice in the cup.  But again... it's personal preference.

I think Slayer is stainless too.
ECM
ECM

Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 7:25pm

Even better... the GS3 also has a completely stainless group.  Coffee oils just wipe off with a damp cloth.  Naturally I backflushed with espresso cleaner as you would but still...... very cool idea.  Again one would think that if La Marzocco is willing to use stainless in their group design as well as their PF's they can't be too concerned about thermal stability playing a huge part in the taste that lands in your cup.
cuznvin

Posted Fri Sep 6, 2013, 7:34pm

ECM Said:

Even better... the GS3 also has a completely stainless group.  Coffee oils just wipe off with a damp cloth.  Naturally I backflushed with espresso cleaner as you would but still...... very cool idea.  Again one would think that if La Marzocco is willing to use stainless in their group design as well as their PF's they can't be too concerned about thermal stability playing a huge part in the taste that lands in your cup.

Very true!
showing page 117 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.441229104996)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+