Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 16 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013, 5:28pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

BeerCan Said:

To me the led lights totally ruin the aesthetics of that machine.  Oh well, I am sure someone likes it.

Posted June 14, 2013 link

All you have to do is turn them off. I still think they are an option
 View Profile Link to this post
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013, 6:15pm

Being a woman probably means I am more partial for things just "for pretty" but I don't like the lights.

I wonder if the machine will be offered with the lights at additional cost or standard?

Of course,  as Cuznvin says,  they could be turned off but I would rather they were not there at all.
DavecUK

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 12:28am

A few things have come up in this thread.

1. Blue lights....err no, mine doesn't have them and I wouldn't specify them. My changes were more around things that really matter whether the consumer realises they do or not.....not LED lights. Things are expensive enough in the UK without adding cost. As for the aesthetics of blue lights, me personally, not my thing, but perhaps this sort of thing is more popular in the US? Ah, just seen the Faceebook page and the blue lights................hmm, probably would not be something that the reserved British users would want, but I could be wrong?

2. Rotary pump leaking.....the pump in this is mounted exactly as I specified to Izzo 6 years ago (I was ignored)...It is an upside down cage mounted motor, with the pump at the bottom. This makes it less likely than ANY other pump configuration for a leak in the pump gland to damage the motor. I would say impossible, but nothings impossible. As Fluid-O-Tech specify their pump is mounted horizontally (because they never envisaged it being mounted on an upside down motor I guess), I also insisted that this mounting system was cleared officially with FOT pumps. QM have done this, it was partly to to cover any "sale of goods act" legal issues in the UK and partly to ensure there was nothing we had missed..

I must add that I have no real idea of the specification of the machine that Chris has got and what differences exist between the UK/US variants at this time.

It's a good machine....my difficulty is my review covers the one I have, but specifies what changes will be in the machines that will be eventually sold in the UK. It's a tricky one whether it's published without photos of those changes, or wait until photos are available.. The changes will not affect the external appearance at all, they are all engineering changes.....and most of them minor ones at that. Some of the delay was simply checking components that were new (at least new to me) and also a much revised PID!.
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 1:20am

If  possible,  I would love to see a picture of the motor and pump setup.

I can't visualize it knowing so little about pumps or motors.

It almost sounds like it is just opposite the way the Duetto motor and pump are setup.

Thanks!
sharky
sharky

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 2:00am

I have seen the Vetrano on the CCS Facebook site . . . and the blue lights look pretty tacky to me!  It's an espresso machine, not a video game!  What were they thinking . . . ?
CSME9
CSME9
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 5:48am

Maybe this machine was supposed to go to California, you know-Groovy Man, Peace out.
cuznvin

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 6:16am

sharky Said:

I have seen the Vetrano on the CCS Facebook site . . . and the blue lights look pretty tacky to me!  It's an espresso machine, not a video game!  What were they thinking . . . ?

Posted June 15, 2013 link

this isnt the only machine with LED lights on it.. DREAM and NS MUSICA  both have LED lights on them.
cuznvin

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 6:28am

I guess the bottom line is.. Buy a machine that is well put together and has LED lights on it (that can be turned off) or buy a machine that isnt so well put together and doesnt have LED lights.. As Dave said... THIS machine is staying on his countertop. The others are put away.. That has to say something! The build quality and performance is what matters and CCS said they LOVE this machine!
cuznvin

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 7:45am

Ok.. as per Chris regarding the LED lights

They come on the machine and can be turned on or left off.

So they are not an option. He will be putting something up on the website soon as he is working on some other things right now..
DavecUK

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 12:47pm

JaniceAnn Said:

If  possible,  I would love to see a picture of the motor and pump setup.

It almost sounds like it is just opposite the way the Duetto motor and pump are setup.

Thanks!

Posted June 15, 2013 link

It is the opposite way to the Duetto, picture of the QM Vetrano DB (or Verona in the UK) motor and pump....note the PID (top left) is above the "cool" motor and pump. I'm also loving this machine and mine does not have some of the improvements the machines will have when they go on sale! The little doohicky you see on the middle left (orange tip white body), that's the 12V transformer they run the PID from and no doubt also the LED lights on the US variant.

DavecUK: pump.JPG
(Click for larger image)
showing page 16 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.393012046814)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+