Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Bezzera owners thread
Guatemala Classic Bourbon
Temblor - exceptionally smooth, rich coffee with notes of spice, cinnamon, and chocolate. Only at
www.thelostgringo.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 32 of 36 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
dougz

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Lelit PL53
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 11:49pm
Subject: Re: Bezzera owners thread

Ok, NOW I'm going to pull the trigger..  ;-)

Can't wait!  Shipped yesterday.
 View Profile Link to this post
IB
IB
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Kim Lever, Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Vario
Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013, 5:36am

dougz Said:

Ok, NOW I'm going to pull the trigger..  ;-)

Can't wait!  Shipped yesterday.

Posted March 27, 2013 link

Sweet!
And yes you should get the bottomless PF to go with it.
Often with a bottomless - unless it was chopped from a spouted Bezzera PF -  you really need to crank it on tight, and it will  end up pointing off to the right 5 0r 10 degrees.
Otherwise they will leak a bit from around the seal...they may not fit as perfectly as the stock PF.

What grinder are you thinking about upgrading to?
I ended up finding a nice deal on a vario here on CG buy/sell forum.

The folks at idrink coffee seem nice, i have talked to them about searching
for a part when i couldn't get it from my seller here in the states.

enjoy it!
IB
IB
IB

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013, 5:48am
Subject: Re: three way solenoid

Hello Friends,
I am hunting for some parts for my BZ07 - what I need is the nucleus/spring for inside the plunger tube in the three way valve assembly. The solenoid seems to be working fine,
but it looks like the seals on the ends of the nucleus are just a bit dented/worn, so I no longer get the same release of pressure after the shot.  With some brands you can buy all the
pieces separately, but Bezzera takes a type where you have to buy the entire assembly, including solenoid.  I would do that, but the part is on backorder from US and canadian suppliers.
So just thought I would put it out there in case anyone has a thought??  

thanks,
IB
dougz

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013, 9:42pm

And yes you should get the bottomless PF to go with it.
Often with a bottomless - unless it was chopped from a spouted Bezzera PF -  you really need to crank it on tight, and it will  end up pointing off to the right 5 0r 10 degrees.
Otherwise they will leak a bit from around the seal...they may not fit as perfectly as the stock PF.

What grinder are you thinking about upgrading to?

I SHOULD have just ripped off the bandaid all at once and got that at the same time, but the sticker-shock barely allowed me to hit 'send' as it was!

Maybe when I get the card down to a managable level again..

It will be cool to watch my shots form, and not have to worry about nasty gunk under the screen (I don't remember to clean my PF as much as I probably should)..

It will be quite a while (2 years?) before I can muster up the courage to upgrade the grinder, unless I run into some 'found' money of some sort between now and then., And when I do I'll get some advice on what the next TRUE step up would be from my PL53 at the time..

What's the P for, in BZ07P?

The Super Jolly and the new Vario W seems to garner alot of talk..
dougz

Posted Thu Apr 4, 2013, 4:15pm

Woohoo!!

Not sure why I can't get the PF to 90 degrees, though..

Just needs to be worked in?

Click Here (i285.photobucket.com)

Made 2 espressos, both gushers..  Need to grind finer, I guess..  Hope that's it..  Also have to see how much to dose..  Will try the nickel and dime trick tomorrow (well, there is a screw there, so can just use that)..

Can't wait till tomorrow!
IB
IB

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2013, 5:11am

dougz Said:

Woohoo!!

Not sure why I can't get the PF to 90 degrees, though..

Just needs to be worked in?

It is possible you are putting too much coffee in, that can make it hard to get the PF on correctly.
But if that was the case you would likely have gotten some leaking around the seal during extraction.
So yeah it is probably just new, and you do may need to crank it on with a bit more force.  But it doesn't
need to sit at 90 degrees, if you are not leaking then don't worry about it.

Click Here (i285.photobucket.com)

Made 2 espressos, both gushers..  Need to grind finer, I guess..  Hope that's it!

Posted April 4, 2013 link

Yup work on your grind setting.....

Hey go ahead and peal off the white film on your machine :)
dougz

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2013, 11:48am

Hey go ahead and peal off the white film on your machine :)

Ha ha!  Oh, Lord!  I flatter myself that I would have clued in eventually..  LOL

It was the grind..  I choked it out this morning, and the next one was better..  Started after about 5 seconds, on the one spout first, the the other..  Definitely not honey consistency, but not bad..

I did try flushing..  I didn't really notice a change with the portafilter on (maybe it's more pronounced with it off?), so I just counted out 12 seconds..

The shots were sour, but I don't mind that, as it gives my cappuccinos a kick..

Grind retention wasn't BAD, but it was about a gram (I emptied the hopper and just put in 15g worth)..

I did 14g, and didn't see any indentation from screw, so will try 15g next time..
Evascroll

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2013, 12:33pm

Im glad to join the bezzera club jajaja. I upgrade from i delonghi 155 to bezzera bz-40(1997model)
This is my setup! Hope you like it!
Breville smart grinder
Comcept art tamper
Bz-40pm
In the photo album are some photos the red case is before i painted to orange!

http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/Evascroll/library/?page=1
nygel74

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Thu May 2, 2013, 6:47pm

Thought I would jump in since I am a relatively new member of the bezzera owners club.  Recently picked up a 2001 bz99.  After a little love and tinkering, its a machine that I simply cant leave alone, I LOVE IT.  Still havnt nailed how to pull a perfect shot, and am waiting on my vario to show up since Rocky seemed to be lagging behind a bit.  Other then that, I am really pleased with the machine all the way around and cant say enough about the brand!

Nygel74

nygel74: coffee pic.JPG
(Click for larger image)
smico

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Brewtus IIIR, Olympia...
Grinder: Vario, Pharos
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Hottop B2 + HTC
Posted Sat May 11, 2013, 6:55am

Friend of mine owns brand new BZ-07 and Baratza Vario, but he has major issue with overflow.  
I tried to help out, and I have noticed that when we use blind basket for backflush there was no leak.  That was confirmation that gasket is ok.
Then I noticed two cuts on portafilter that I have never seen before on any other machine, and understood what is happening:
Water goes down to the coffee pack, and part of it backs up beside the basket through the cuts flows out on the sides of portafilter.
As temporary solution I added simple rubber band on the basket, and that helps a bit.

Anyone has some good solution for this problem?  I guess buying naked portafilter.  Or possibly soldering over some thin metal band...

Thanks,

Miroslav

smico: B_portafilter2.jpg
(Click for larger image)
showing page 32 of 36 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.46021604538)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+