Espresso: Espresso Machines
gaggia paros grinder
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > gaggia paros...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Evo

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sun Mar 15, 2009, 1:27pm
Subject: gaggia paros grinder

I just purchased a 1997 gaggia paros (without instruction manual) and hopefully will be able to bring her back to full functionality.  

My question is about the grinder, though.  I had been under the impression that there were different grinder settings on this machine, and darned if I can only find a timer.  I'm in the process of cleaning out the grinder but would definately like to modify the grind.

Does anyone have any input on this?

partsguru doesn't seem to show settings - but can this be so???

thanks!
 View Profile Link to this post
xdavez
xdavez
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: La Spaziale Vivaldi II
Grinder: Mazzer mini
Vac Pot: none
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Sun Mar 15, 2009, 2:55pm
Subject: Re: gaggia paros grinder

your turn the HOPPER on the paros and MDF to change the grind -- click stop.

Dave
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Evo

Posted Sun Mar 15, 2009, 3:29pm

Thank you - and can you be even more specific (sorry...) the thing seems entirely solid - even the hopper.  What exactly do you turn?
Evo

Posted Sun Mar 15, 2009, 4:50pm

ok, I discovered that the Paros has a  "Grinder Locking Rod", which I have identified, but am still mystified as to what exactly you turn when the "Grinder Locking Rod" is unlocked?  The top of the hopper??? Still nothing seems to move!

thanks again

...later... well, the machine was so gummed up with old coffee that I had to take the top off and scrape around a little, but yes, you turn the hopper.

Seems like an inefficient method, but there you go.
wyvern

Posted Sun Apr 21, 2013, 6:44am

Hi, sorry to bump this old post but I am new on here and am trying to find the answer to the question.

I have discovered the locking rod, but which bit do I turn to adjust the grinder? What is meant by turning the hopper - from the inside or the outside?

Have tried turing the rings at the top (that seem to be linked to a bit of plastic pointing at one of the dots on the +/- dial) but they do not seem to want to turn, even with the locking rod pulled down - neither does the outside of the hopper assembly. I don't want to break anything by forcing it.

Hope someone can help with this - thanks.
Dooglas
Dooglas

Espresso: Vibiemme Junior
Grinder: Vario, Virtuoso
Drip: Bonavita, Bodum press
Roaster: GeneCafe, Behmor
Posted Sun Apr 21, 2013, 9:41am

I would suspect you have the same problem that Evo noted. Quite a few grinders adjust by turning the collar at the base of the hopper. If the grinder has seen quite a bit of use with no cleaning or adjustment, it is very common for the adjusting ring and upper burr to be jammed in place by a cake of coffee dust and oily residue. The solution is to disassemble and clean the burrs.
FrancisG

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Mon May 5, 2014, 11:59pm

Hello

I wonder if I might add to this thread. I have been the happy owner of a Gaggia Paros for over twenty years. I want to find out how I can grind my beans more finely. I know how to turn the hopper to adjust the grinder but it does not grind finely enough to get the crema I want.  I don't want to adjust it too far for fear of damaging the parts especially the motor. Can anyone help, please.

Francis
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > gaggia paros...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.312592983246)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+