Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 98 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
dana_leighton
dana_leighton
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 1:49pm
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

JJC Said:

For the record, it is my intent going forward to only post here with copy and pastes of Iluvadabean's off topic posts on the BDB forum. Since they often mention the Cuadra, they may even be on topic here.

Posted April 26, 2013 link

Please do not do so. It would constitute cross-posting, which is a violation of the forum rules. My recommendation is that if another member's posting is annoying you, contact a moderator if there is a rule violation; otherwise, ignoring said member often is sufficient to cease reinforcing their behavior. That is, your responses might in fact be contributing to the behavior.

Besides, all the quibbling about posting becomes a distraction in the thread.

Cheers,
Dana

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 1:53pm

I stand by my post on the BDB thread on machine comparrison. You dont have to own a BDB to comment on the thread. So
the only violation I see here is JJC cross posting  threads. His emotional outburst is what it is and I take no offense to the tyraid.I would
have appreciated and adult educated response on my orignal comment over on BDB but let the moderators decide. We dont need the thought police just people being respectful. I see nothing disrespectful in my comments. Those are the end of my repsonses to this type
emotional terrorism.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
JJC
JJC

Espresso: Breville 900Xl, Saeco...
Grinder: Compak K3
Roaster: Behmor, Nesco
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 2:04pm

Iluvadabean,

While I posted only the most recent of your posts, my concern was not with that post but with the pattern of your posts over many months. A pattern of just clogging the forum. I and many others have asked you to stop and you have either ignored them or argued with them. It would seem to me that when you have a lot of people on a forum telling you that your posts are not appropriate, you should stop and think whether they are right. And if they own the machine that is the topic of that thread and you don't, you should be especially attentive to the concerns of the owners.

I would note that you have frustrated people there to the point where some have called you a troll and have indicated that they are quitting the thread even though they own BDB's.
 View Profile Link to this post
BubbaDude
BubbaDude

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: Hottop 2KB
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 3:10pm

JJC Said:

I would note that you have frustrated people there to the point where some have called you a troll and have indicated that they are quitting the thread even though they own BDB's.

One recent post on the BDB owners' thread asked "Is there a real owner's BDB thread elsewhere that I don't know about?" because the commenter was frustrated by all the attack posts by non-owners.

I suppose the folks responsible are narrowly within the letter of the law, but they're clearly flouting its spirit.

BTW, as far as I can tell the Cuarda is a perfectly nice HX espresso machine, but I'm not an owner or a potential owner.

Have a good day.

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 3:48pm

Bubbadude is a a very sincere nice guy who isnt threatened by discussion. He articulates his points well and one of the people I can discuss things over there with and he answers
with thought provoking answers. I was actually looking forward to his next response to my question, when he was comparing the BDB to what he thought was its nearest comparison, the La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi . Discussing all kinds of espresso things
to me is fascinating and hardly anyone has a valid email anymore.I dont give a rats batooti about slamming BDB's and hope everyone who has one a great time but it doesnt mean I dont find them interesting. Tomorrow you may find me
asking questions about a grinder or a lever machine. I think a lot of people just cant stand to have someone talking about there machine I guess. I have a difficult time with people saying well you cant talk about that here
because its not allowed. But if a moderator even suggests what Im doing is wrong or unproductive then i will leave the BDB thread but certainly not because JJC threatens me or throws a fit. I mean Ive raised enough kids to know how that ones goes.
Anyways I will obey the ruling authority if told to do so.

BubbaDude Said:

One recent post on the BDB owners' thread asked "Is there a real owner's BDB thread elsewhere that I don't know about?" because the commenter was frustrated by all the attack posts by non-owners.

I suppose the folks responsible are narrowly within the letter of the law, but they're clearly flouting its spirit.

BTW, as far as I can tell the Cuarda is a perfectly nice HX espresso machine, but I'm not an owner or a potential owner.

Have a good day.

BubbaDude
BubbaDude

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: Hottop 2KB
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 3:54pm

Fair enough, and I bid this thread adieu.

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
dana_leighton
dana_leighton
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 3:55pm

Iluvdabean Said:

Bubbadude is a a very sincere nice guy who isnt threatened by discussion. He articulates his points well and one of the people I can discuss things over there with and he answers
with thought provoking answers. I was actually looking forward to his next response to my question, when he was comparing the BDB to what he thought was its nearest comparison, the La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi . Discussing all kinds of espresso things
to me is fascinating and hardly anyone has a valid email anymore.I dont give a rats batooti about slamming BDB's and hope everyone who has one a great time but it doesnt mean I dont find them interesting. Tomorrow you may find me
asking questions about a grinder or a lever machine. I think a lot of people just cant stand to have someone talking about there machine I guess. I have a difficult time with people saying well you cant talk about that here
because its not allowed. But if a moderator even suggests what Im doing is wrong or unproductive then i will leave the BDB thread but certainly not because JJC threatens me or throws a fit. I mean Ive raised enough kids to know how that ones goes.
Anyways I will obey the ruling authority if told to do so.

Now, why would you post something like the above in this topic? It seems self-serving and inflammatory. I'd suggest you stick to asking and answering questions, rather than commenting unsolicited on the behavior of other members.

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Clive Coffee Drip Stand
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 4:08pm

I agree with Dana's previous post, and will expand on it.

I will ask everyone in this thread to get back to discussing the topic at hand, and leave the personal squabbles behind. If not, we'll have to take some real moderation actions, including website time outs, locking the thread, and more.

Regards

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
slybarman
slybarman

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 4:12pm

Can we please clean the thread back to JJCs first post?
 View Profile Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 4:28pm

Yes please do and to insure the peace I will stay off BDB thread and get back to what I enjoy...the bean!

slybarman Said:

Can we please clean the thread back to JJCs first post?

showing page 98 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.440947055817)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+