Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Can ANyone Tell Me What Is Wrong With My Rocket Cellini Pro (Video)
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Can ANyone Tell...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
chelmreich

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu May 2, 2013, 9:10am
Subject: Can ANyone Tell Me What Is Wrong With My Rocket Cellini Pro (Video)

No pressure at the grouphead, but makes steam and hot water.  Water trickles out of the grouphead for a minute and then nothing.  Start video at 3:45

https://vimeo.com/65312464

The machine has been used for about 20 days.

Thanks for any help.

The vendor has been less than helpful (I can send it to them for $200 and pay $50 to get it back -- and if its not related to water or electricity or user error they won't charge me to fix it).  I have a local tech coming out tomorrow -- but after paying $2,000, designing a room around it and only being operational for about 3 weeks, I'm losing my mind...

Thanks.

Craig

chelmreich: Finished Project 1 (smaller).jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
dsblv

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rocket Giotto Evoluzione
Grinder: MACAP MC4
Posted Thu May 2, 2013, 9:22am
Subject: Re: Can ANyone Tell Me What Is Wrong With My Rocket Cellini Pro (Video)

The Professional model has to be plumbed in.   So, I would check the water supply before assuming there's a problem with the machine.  Have you checked the water pressure at the machine?
chelmreich

Posted Thu May 2, 2013, 10:05am
Subject: Re: Can ANyone Tell Me What Is Wrong With My Rocket Cellini Pro (Video)

dsblv Said:

The Professional model has to be plumbed in.   So, I would check the water supply before assuming there's a problem with the machine.  Have you checked the water pressure at the machine?

Posted May 2, 2013 link

I'm a newbie, but I'm not that green.  I have verified that I am getting water to the machine and that the machine is pulling water in.  The machine was empty before I shot the video linked above.  Stated another way, I drained it, cleaned the water sensor, and let it refill right before I shot the video.  Thus, water from the line is getting into the machine and in sufficient quantities to make steam and hot water.  I'm betting there is a different line or valve for the grouphead as compared to steam and hot water.

Craig
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu May 2, 2013, 11:44am

Hello mate.....well it doesn't sound like the pump is running at all when you lift the lever, which is why your getting very little water from the group. At least I couldn't hear the pump, but I could hear your cat.

The steam/Hot water boiler will fill up simply as a function of mains pressure if it's anything above about 1.3 bar (because that will be what your steam boiler is set to. This will simply passively and slowly fill when the autofill solenoid kicks in. it's also why the water runs from the group quite slowly and anaemically.

I suspect the problem is quite simple and is probably one of the following 2 things.

1. A bad connection to the little button behind the brew lever, the switch itself is broken, or the little button thing needs adjusting. Try lifting the lever  and pressing the roller button thing fully home with your finger/fingernail. if that gets it working, then loosen the nuts either side and adjust so it pokes further out of the front panel

this is the bit I am talking about http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/izzo-vivi-pump-switch

1. the switch can be broken inside or have come apart, they only clip together. Check the back of the switch (behind the front panel just in case. Also one of the wires could have worked loose on the connectors at the back of the switch.. You could also physically make the connection between the two wires leading to the switch (don't eletrocute yourself though).

The Rocket machines simply switch off the heating element when an empty onboard tank condition is detected, as well as disable the pump (although there is no audible alarm). There is almost certainly not a problem in this area, because your machines boiler is heating. I also very much doubt that the motor has failed or the pump has siezed. If and only if my recommendations above don't work, then loosen the pump circlip, pull the pump away from the motor, just enough so the motor spindle disengages, remove the brass key if it's left in the slot of the motor spindle, lift the lever and watch to see if the motor spins. this could indicate a siezed pump if the motor spins. Equally though, it may spin but without enough torque to spin the pump due to a fault. Either way, it will tell you if the switch and wiring to the motor is OK.

let me know what happens....oh and I wouldn't use that vendor for anything else if I were you.

DavecUK: brewswitch.JPG
(Click for larger image)
chelmreich

Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 4:54pm

DavecUK Said:

let me know what happens....oh and I wouldn't use that vendor for anything else if I were you.

Posted May 2, 2013 link

Vendor (WLL) is dead to me... It is a dead control module.  Everything on the pump circuit works perfectly when you run the pump circuit it off the boiler's circuit.  Easy fix.  Not too expensive.  (Cheaper than the shipping for "warranty service".)  We took it all apart just to check and everything else was perfect.

Thanks for all the thoughts.

Craig
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Can ANyone Tell...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.401387929916)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+