Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Need help finding Mini Classic like espresso machine
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Need help...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Swervo513
Swervo513
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2013, 6:12pm
Subject: Need help finding Mini Classic like espresso machine

Hey everyone,

New to the forum so I would like to say hello.
I have been looking for a Brasilia Mini Classic espresso machine for years now. It seems the company liquidated and I can not find the machine I fell in love with. The vibiemme domobars are similar but I was wondering if you all could help me out by suggesting other high quality machines similar to the original mini classic with e61 group.

Thanks in advance
Larry
 View Profile Link to this post
johnboddie

Espresso: MCAL, Brasilia Mini Classic,...
Grinder: Rossi RR45a,Rocky,...
Drip: Cuisinart (non-grinding)
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 8:35am
Subject: Re: Need help finding Mini Classic like espresso machine

The Mini-Classic is a great machine. I really loved mine, but the Rossi Control unit failed and I'm not sure I can get another one, or that I can find a different control unit that could be wired as a replacement.
DanoM

Espresso: Bezzera Strega, '84 La...
Grinder: Compak K10, Kludge grinder,...
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 11:52am

I see the Brasilia Classic Mini on craigslist in Los Angeles frequently - New ones even.  So if you really want to have one you might start by checking out your local big city areas craigslist.  Right now someone has a listing that's been up locally for over 1 month at $2000, but I've seen them used for as low as $750.

John Boddie: Failure of the controller is going to be difficult to deal with I think.  You might be better off to contact local member JP Boyt of Boyt Enterprises in Washington State.  He rebuilds controllers sometimes, and has a good reputation.
http://coffeegeek.com/members/jpboyt
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 12:20pm

I don't know if you will find one mail order. There is a cooking store by me that has one that looks near exactly like that but could not say for sure it is that exact unit. They were asking $1K on a blow out, likely because of the discontinue. Can't say if they still have one or not.

Finding an out of production machine is not as easy as one still being made.

There are a lot of machines that operate similar but may not look the same. Is it the looks, the size or what exactly about that machine is it that you liked?

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Swervo513
Swervo513

Posted Tue Jun 25, 2013, 10:10pm

The thing that I really like about the mini classic is the combination of its looks and ability to make an excellent espresso. So I am basically looking for a quality machine that has a similar look. I am set on having the e61 group so this type of machine is essential for me. I am also looking for a larger boiler like the one found on the vibiemme super lever. After doing some research I have found a few mini classic type machines made by all sorts of companies like expobar, vibiemme, rancilio ect. I was hoping you guys could shed some light and I don't want to spend more than 1k on a used top of the line machine. I was close to finding a used vibiemme super lever for $600 but it is tentative. The person is not sure he wants to sell it and I have been trying to buy it for the past year.
johnboddie

Espresso: MCAL, Brasilia Mini Classic,...
Grinder: Rossi RR45a,Rocky,...
Drip: Cuisinart (non-grinding)
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013, 2:48pm

Larry -

If you are interested in my currently-not-working Mini-Classic for $75 plus shipping from Virginia, let me know.

Boddie.John@gmail.com

JB
Flori

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013, 7:24pm

yeah, i heard this one is a great machine. you may want to do as advised and check big city craigslists postings. goodluck on your quest :)

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com
DanoM

Espresso: Bezzera Strega, '84 La...
Grinder: Compak K10, Kludge grinder,...
Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013, 11:28pm

johnboddie Said:

Larry -

If you are interested in my currently-not-working Mini-Classic for $75 plus shipping from Virginia, let me know.

Boddie.John@gmail.com

JB

Posted June 26, 2013 link

Wow!  That's an offer!  If you are into fixing one that is...  Too bad Virginia is so far from Los Angeles or I'd try to liberate that machine myself.

Then again my wife says I have enough already!  LOL
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Need help...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.372601032257)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+