Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Used Gaggia Classic with PID problems and no water coming out.
Espresso Makers
Premium stovetop espresso makers, electric moka pots, machines & accessories.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Used Gaggia...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 4 first page previous page
Author Messages
MJW

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sun Sep 15, 2013, 3:45pm
Subject: Re: Used Gaggia Classic with PID problems and no water coming out.

Thanks for your detailed answer, I am curious mostly about your impression of how fast the heat exchanger is heating up.  Sounds like it recovers instantly with no flushing required between shots.
 View Profile Link to this post
osteenjames

Posted Sun Sep 15, 2013, 4:47pm

I dont keep my machine on, so when I turn it on initially I let it warm up for at least 20 minutes but 30 minutes is recommended. Then I do not flush between shots, I do though however open the steam wand for a second then close to equalize the boiler pressure before each shot. The time I wait between shots; which is never more than 3 shots, is just the time it takes me to grind another dose and fill portafilter basket.  
Some people keep their OSCAR on 24/7. I dont like keeping electrical appliances on when Im not at home due to electrical safety.
A person who has more experience with the OSCAR HX machine is coffeenoobie.
MJW

Posted Sun Sep 15, 2013, 11:16pm

Thanks James, OK and I'm happy to hear Coffeenoobie answer too if she wants.  I have to say you're coming up to speed on the espresso thing remarkably quickly, much quicker than I did that's for sure!
osteenjames

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013, 5:32pm

Hello DF4 I appreciate all the info and understand the machine with PID now. However, I seldom use the machine as I like milk-based drinks and use my Nouva Simonelli Oscar all the time because of the monster steam. So I am contemplating making a video and posting the Gaggia Classic with Auber PID for sale with the instruction CD and accessories machine came with.
I have a newbie question for when I sell. Do I have to drain boiler before shipping or is water sealed in and will not leak???
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Sun Oct 20, 2013, 7:49pm

Sorry, I forgot this.  I would drain it.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
showing page 4 of 4 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Used Gaggia...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.296407938004)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+