Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Where is the pump
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Where is the...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
jbenny

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013, 5:36pm
Subject: Where is the pump

]]]]I am trying to install this machine. Hooked up the water, turned it on, it got hot but no pump sound. Do you see a pump? Or do you see where I would install a pump? No lines seem disconnected. Really looking forward to your responses.
Click Here (i661.photobucket.com)
 View Profile Link to this post
Markarian
Markarian
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi WT-WC
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP, HG One
Vac Pot: Bunn Trifecta MB
Drip: Moka, Aeropress, Hario V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013, 1:16am
Subject: Re: Where is the pump

Looks like a La Pavoni Pub, which, if I recall correctly, has an external pump and motor. If it didn't come with the machine, you'll have to purchase a new set, which run about $100-200.
jbenny

Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013, 1:22am

Ok. But where would I attach it? There does not seem to be a place to attach it.  No disconnected lines. I thought that maybe the pump was what is shown in pic 3.
alanfrew
alanfrew
Expertise: Professional

Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013, 3:16am

jbenny Said:

Ok. But where would I attach it? There does not seem to be a place to attach it.  No disconnected lines. I thought that maybe the pump was what is shown in pic 3.

Posted September 22, 2013 link

Pic 3 is your flow controller. See http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/ecm/620405 . If you've already hooked water up to the machine, THAT'S where the braided SS hose from the pump attaches. You should also have 3 spare wires from the control box (active, neutral and earth) which attach to the pump.

Alan
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
jbenny

Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013, 9:29am

Ok so the pump attaches to the braides hose, that means it has to overcome the filler valve?  What if this was close to the empty level, would the pump run until it fills the boiler first?
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013, 1:53pm

Agreed pic 3 is the flow meter. The pump hooks in before the meter. The pump puts pressure to the whole system. The proper valves open and close to send water where it is needed, be it to fill the boiler or to brew coffee or to the hot water tap. In a lot of machines, before the meter is an expansion valve and a check valve to prevent water from backing up through the pump.

When brewing, the 3 way valve opens to let water to the brew group. To fill the boiler, that valve opens, the pump  runs the same regardless of the final destination of the water. If there is no restance to flow, the pressure is not high but the addition of resistance will cause the pump to build pressure. The closed valves keep the pressure from where it is not wanted, like the boiler.

That machine should have a rotary pump, a vibe pump may be used I guess but a new rotary pump and motor will be at the high end or more of the mentioned price range of $100 to $200.

Also, as said, there should be a set of wires to supply power to the pump. The machines control circuit will turn on/off the power to the pump.

If the boiler is low at power on, the fill valve will open and the system will turn the pump on, it will run until the boiler water sensor detects the proper level then the system board will turn the pump off and close the valve to the boiler. City water connects to the inlet side of the pump, the pump connects to the check valve then the OPV or expansion valve then to the floe meter.

Can you contact the seller to see if he has the pump?

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
jbenny

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013, 7:54pm

Thank you for the responses. I can see now how the incoming water is directed. As for the wiring, I will have to take it in to have the pump insralled. I have a pump, just am not able to figure out how the  wiring goes.  Thank you all for your help.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Where is the...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.335858821869)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+