Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 117 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013, 10:56am
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

SteelerfanDan Said:

To Jim @ 1st @ 1st Line. My La Nuova Era Cuadra is on the way and will be delivered on Tuesday. I'd like to contact your staff to discuss a few things about the machine and make sure. I have everything I need. (It win't be tough to sell me on some extra accessories). Who/when is a good opportunity to speak with someone.

Thus far I've been quite impressed with your operation. This speaks volumes to me as a customer service conscious consumer. I've already been burned by one of your competitors and won't try them any more.  I believe they are a vendor on this site, but I don't appreciate being burned on my 1st order. This = more orders/business for you guys.

Thanks for being an accessible resource for those on this site, Jim. I look forward  to a continued valued relationship with you and your crew.  

Can't wait to get the La Nuova.

Thanks!

Dan

Posted September 22, 2013 link

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the business. I hope your machine arrives safely and without any transport damage from inertial forces (always my biggest concern on every machine shipped).

I can understand your previous frustrations. If you can, it is better to send us an email inquiry or use the 'contact us' form on our web site. In addition, include your request for backflushing, descaling and water softener instructions. Like this, we can send you all the direct links.

You can still call over the phone for advice (sales option on the phone tree), but with direct emailed links there is less chance of error as some item numbers are very similar and mistakes can happen - thus leading to frustration.

I also have the 'ear' of La Nuova Era on improving their machines - although not a guarantee. I am open to owner feedback to share with them when I meet them in October in Milan (Italy), but keep in mind that some improvements can significantly drive the selling price up. For instance, if someone wanted stainless body panels instead of the chromed plastic one, this would certainly drive the price up by a few hundred dollars.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
FLKirkland

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Roaster: Gene Cafe
Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:05am

Just joined the Cuadra family today.  Thanks to the guys at 1st Line for getting my machine to me so quickly.  I've been playing with it for 2 hours straight trying to get everything dialed in just right.  Love the new toy!!  Keep you posted on how it goes...
 View Profile Link to this post
1stline
1stline

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013, 8:06am

FLKirkland Said:

Just joined the Cuadra family today.  Thanks to the guys at 1st Line for getting my machine to me so quickly.  I've been playing with it for 2 hours straight trying to get everything dialed in just right.  Love the new toy!!  Keep you posted on how it goes...

Posted September 24, 2013 link

Again, thanks for the business. You, and every current Cuadra owner, can be considered to be very lucky. The next batch of machines, due to arrive in December, will now be sold at a higher price. First, we have been passed a price increase from La Nuova Era, and second, the special pricing we received with the last batch is no longer available.  The next batch will have the following projected enhancements:

a) We are asking them for a stainless steel braided hose to go from the pump to the boiler, and
b) Warranty coverage due to manufacturer's defect will be increased to 2 years on the next batch.

The new price will be $1349. I will be meeting with the manufcaturer's staff in about 4 weeks when I go to Italy. I will try to get the special pricing again, but I am not hopeful.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

slybarman
slybarman

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013, 8:21am

Jim:
IIRC,  you were going to check with La Nuova about the ability to add the flow restrictor to earlier models.  Were you able to learn anything?

Also,  had there been any conversation with them about a solid state relay?
1stline
1stline

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013, 11:27am

slybarman Said:

Jim:
IIRC,  you were going to check with La Nuova about the ability to add the flow restrictor to earlier models.  Were you able to learn anything?

Also,  had there been any conversation with them about a solid state relay?

Posted September 25, 2013 link

The flow restrictor will be included with the arrival of the next batch of machines - prolly early December.

I will have to talk to them in Italy about the solid state relay. I do not think they will change this - because of the ETL approval they have on the machine. Again, I will discuss with them.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

slybarman
slybarman

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013, 11:46am

Jim:

I am not sure I follow the meaning of your reply as to retrofitting earlier machines with the flow restrictor.
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 5:54am

Machines been great,Jim at 1stLine's been great and this to me will go down as one of the best deals at $ 999.00 that I could
have ever imagined. I think they are going to hold their own as a company and a good value. I was caught in a whirlwind of whats beyond
Gaggia Classic and Silvia until this machine came along. Thank you Jim.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
tpsun

Espresso: Nuova Era Cuadra, Gaggia...
Grinder: Pasquini Lux
Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 7:36am

Hello all--I have a quick question about the Pressurstat.  I just got my machine yesterday (delivered very quickly from 1st-line) and while it looks great, my shots are coming out too slow.  Even warming up for an hour, dosing 14g, I use the coarsest grind on the Pasquini Lux (stepless, so it's not like the coarsest grind is drip, or even french press), and still my shots are running 35 seconds for 2 oz in the portafilter with the double basket (10 seconds for the flow to start).  My pressure on the steam pressure meter is 1.1 bars, so even though that's not brew pressure, I know that's normal and I'm thinking I don't want to mess with the pressurstat.  But I can't think of another way to get a good flow. And I've switched beans, still no good.  Anyone know if increasing the pressure would help, or would that leave me with other issues?  Anyone else have this issue of a slow flow?  I'm sure there's a way around it, I'm still in that experimental phase, but I am a little stuck.  Thanks.
slybarman
slybarman

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 7:48am

This is almost certainly a grind/dose issue,  not a new pressure issue.
tpsun

Espresso: Nuova Era Cuadra, Gaggia...
Grinder: Pasquini Lux
Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 8:05am

slybarman Said:

This is almost certainly a grind/dose issue,  not a new pressure issue.

Posted September 26, 2013 link

Thanks.  I would think that as well--but my dose is 14g, and I'm not sure I can dose less.  And the grind is the coarsest on my stepless--and has that fine sand feel to it that has worked on my last machine (a gaggia classic--but I know that's a different league entirely).  I can't really go coarser, at least on the Pasquini Lux (which is equivalent to the  Le'lit PL53).
showing page 117 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Espresso Makers
Premium stovetop espresso makers, electric moka pots, machines & accessories.
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.507125854492)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+