Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
saeco aroma old model
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > saeco aroma old...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
beanjockey

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: saeco aroma nero, ascaso...
Grinder: hand burr grinder
Drip: Hamilton beach scoop
Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014, 7:03am
Subject: saeco aroma old model

good morning to all, on my second cup and I wonder if anyone out there could help... I have an old style aroma nero, my first espresso machine. I picked it up at the local thrift shop for $15 2 years ago and it is mint ! it came with the knock box and manual, just didn't have the packaging. I have been using it regularly and loving it. I did replace the frother that it came with ( white plastic ) with the turbo frother, which is effortless. I am very pleased with this machine, and the results it gives. it has the pressurized porta-filter which seems to work well. Now this is where I am at now... I just replaced the steam valve body, shaft and knob, and the O-rings, as I was getting some dripping no matter how hard I tried to close the valve.  in order to remove the old steam valve I had to disconnect the steam switch wiring so I could spin it out. once I replaced the valve I reconnected the switch. just three wires, however through carelessness or whatever I must have reversed two of the wires and when I turned the machine on it threw the breaker on my electrical panel. I disconnected the wires from the steam switch and the machine turns on fine. I have a new switch on the way as the old one feels fried. my question is how to reconnect it so this doesn't happen again. I have found a wiring schematic on line, however it is a little unclear to me. if someone could help me out here as to which wires go where it would be greatly appreciated ! thanks and have a great day :)
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > saeco aroma old...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.262139081955)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+