Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Gaggia Classic accesories
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Gaggia Classic...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
simion

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014, 2:21pm
Subject: Gaggia Classic accesories

Hello,

I've been lurking around the forums for a while now and finally decided i'll go for a Gaggia Classic (which ironically in England it is currently cheaper than a new baby). I've read the sticky post, and it says to save up to $100 for the accesories. What would these accessories consist of apart from the tamper, knockout box, and pitcher?
 View Profile Link to this post
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014, 3:24pm
Subject: Re: Gaggia Classic accesories

Welcome to CG.

Some would say that the machine is an accessory to a grinder, but you need an espresso capable grinder.  Capable by Geek standards, not company reviews.

You will want a Silvia V1 steam wand.  In the US we get a regular double, not pressurized "perfect crema" basket included with the machine, along with double and single pressurized.  If you do not get one, you need that.

Not immediate but you will need/want PID.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
simion

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014, 5:57pm

Brilliant, thank you! I've been looking around a bit more tonight and I'll definitely get the wand as id love to practice my latte art with it

Seems like I will be set for the moment then and get additional things later. Will have to research into the "mods" I keep seeing on the site.
Speaking about the grinder, I quickly found out that I was ridiculously limited to my choice being in the UK. Most grinders I see on the forums I can't even find here (on the web). Therefore I will get a lower end burr grinder and close in the burr to get a finer grind, which most people feel happy with
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014, 7:07pm

Research that very carefully.  Without a very finely adjustable grinder, fine grind is not enough. Research your grinder choice and mods as to adjustability.

Have fun :)

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
dwRK

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014, 8:05pm

hi and welcome...i think you are slightly mistaken...you have lots of grinder choices in the uk...

the only thing is the names are different because the importers rebadge and call them differently...

may i suggest you go ebay.co.uk and try these for starters...commercial coffee grinder...fracino

if you search for espresso grinder in the uk...almost nothing comes up...because there is no such thing as espresso grinder :)
simion

Posted Fri Jan 24, 2014, 2:17am

Thanks for the tips guys! Admittedly, I have only been referring to eBay to cross check the prices of whatever I could find on Amazon & co, where I couldn't find much on the searched of "coffee bean grinder", "coffee grinder" and so
Will re-evaluate and order soon

Thanks,
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Gaggia Classic...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.296284914017)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+