Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Frothing with the Gaggia Baby Class
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Frothing with...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
n_laplaca
n_laplaca
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2014, 5:30pm
Subject: Frothing with the Gaggia Baby Class

I just got this machine replacing my 3 year old Gaggia Evolution Express. I was very pleased with that machine but it died and I chose the Baby Class as a replacement. In terms of functionality it is basically the same. The buttons are slightly different of course but beyond that it is very similar.

I am Very pleased with the shots I have been pulling but frothing doesn't seem quite right. I do it the same as I did with my Evolution. After I pull the shot I hit the steam button and wait for the light to indicate the temp is ready. And just prior I used to crack the nozzle slightly  just for a second or 2 to release any water and then close it and wait the remaining few seconds till the light came on. Then  I begin the process. But there does not seem to be a great enough heat or force to properly froth. I used to be able to froth my milk to 140 degrees in under 1 minute. I can't seem to get the temp beyond 100 and I am left with a very thin froth. Am I missing something with this machine? Does anyone else have any experience with this particular model? Another thing that is interesting to note is that with the Evolution as the temp was rising after hitting the steam button I could hear what sounded like the heat or pressure building. I was able to tell when the light was going to come on by the sound. With the Baby Class I hear absolutely nothing. Perhaps this is normal. Any help would be greatly Appreciated. I bought it from WLL and have not called them yet. Thought I would ask here first. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick
 View Profile Link to this post
n_laplaca
n_laplaca
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014, 7:38am
Subject: Re: Frothing with the Gaggia Baby Class

Okay I have it all dialed in. I don't know what happened during my first few attempts but It's working great. Perhaps it was just the subtle differences. I love this new machine. I was almost going to buy something in the $700-800 range. I am glad I didn't. This machine does everything for my needs just fine
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Frothing with...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.279220104218)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+