Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Took The Plunge - Yea!!
Espresso Makers
Premium stovetop espresso makers, electric moka pots, machines & accessories.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Took The Plunge...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
shaemar

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex Tre
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Starbucks...
Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014, 7:59am
Subject: Took The Plunge - Yea!!

Hi all,

I rarely post, but have reading posts for over a year, and signed up in 2013.  I have learned alot, but am not totally new to espresso.  Have been using machines that I term have "training wheels" since the late 90s, and just purchased the Izzo Alex Tre.  I have looked at every machine out there, many comparisons on reviews, functionality, prices, and I am still somewhat confused, but feel that I made a good decision for me.

It arrives Thurs from Chris Coffee.  I had great service working with MacKenzie - she rocks!!!!

Mary
St. Louis area

PS  Has anyone had trouble accessing this site using Firefox?  I can't login using it.  Had to use Explorer, which I rarely use.  Any suggestions on how to remedy this?
 View Profile Link to this post
dingo1799

Espresso: Couple of broken pavoni...
Grinder: Vario W
Vac Pot: Cory DRU/DRL
Drip: Nah
Roaster: Nah
Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014, 8:25am
Subject: Re: Took The Plunge - Yea!!

shaemar Said:

Mary
St. Louis area

PS  Has anyone had trouble accessing this site using Firefox?  I can't login using it.  Had to use Explorer, which I rarely use.  Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Posted February 17, 2014 link

Nope, i use Firefox on my PC, and safari on idevices, no trouble here. Updated lately?
boar_d_laze

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Cimbali M21 DT/1 Junior...
Grinder: Ceado E92; "Bunnzilla"
Vac Pot: Royal Coffee Maker
Drip: Chemex + Kone; Espro Press
Roaster: USRC Sample Roaster
Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014, 10:27am

Hi Mary,

Congratulations on your new Tre!  

I'm happy to hear that you got so much help from Mackenzie.  Mary was my guide with my espresso machine purchase from Chris, and she also rocks.  The tech department rocks.  Chris rocks (although maybe just a skosh over-caffeinated).  Chris Coffee rocks.  Rockaliciousness all around.  

Too bad about Firefox not rocking for you.  I'm using it now, no problem.  

1. You may have a broken plug-in or registry error.  If you haven't rebooted your computer since the problem happened, start with that.  Please don't be angry for the Captain Obvious recommendation;  
  2. A non-current version of Firefox shouldn't cause site log-in problems, but an automatic update which encountered problems might;
  3. Go to Firefox's Help menu, and choose "About Firefox."  That will tell you if your version is current.  If it isn't, the update should start automatically unless you disabled automatic updating at some time (when you first downloaded Firefox, for instance;
  4. If, for whatever reason, Firefox doesn't automatically download and install the current version over whatever version you have now (even if it's current), go ahead and do it manually; ad
  5. If the problem persists, try a complete uninstall and re-install.  You may find that a third party uninstaller utility does  better job of cleaning fragments out of Window's registry than Window's built in uninstaller.  This is your chance to get rid of those plugs-ins which you don't actually use and have probably forgotten you have, but are just hanging around and messing with stuff; and to make sure that those plug-ins you have loaded are compatible with the current edition of Firefox.

Good luck,
Rich
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
kray

Espresso: Vibiemme Junior HX
Grinder: Macap MX
Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014, 10:51am

+1 on the new Tre. I'm jealous. As for firefox. It might be easier to delete it from your system (including all the hidden bits...), then reinstall. It's never a bad idea to start over fresh every once in a while!
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Took The Plunge...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.308711051941)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+