Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Vibiemme Domobar - no water coming through head...?
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Vibiemme Domobar...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
heidihi
heidihi
Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Fri Feb 21, 2014, 2:55pm
Subject: Vibiemme Domobar - no water coming through head...?

Have tried to make my morning coffee...and after pulling an extraction I wasn't happy with, I have tried to do another but no water coming through the grouphead.
Water is coming through the hot water spout.

What can I do? Is this the pump? Pump is staying on for longer...help!
 View Profile Link to this post
stefano65
stefano65
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme,Elektra,
Grinder: Vario,Macap,
Vac Pot: not
Drip: not
Roaster: not
Posted Fri Feb 21, 2014, 3:20pm
Subject: Re: Vibiemme Domobar - no water coming through head...?

I'm assuming you are dealing with a domobar super heating exchanger?

Start from the basic,
if the pump is indeed working or at least making noise when the brewing lever is on and the autofill (we'll get back to this part shortly)

first make sure water is MOVING and getting lower in the reservoir,
to do so
remove the bypass hose coming from the OPV valve and place it in a container apart from the machine reservoir,
lift the lever and see if the water starts to come out from the bypass before it reaches lets say 9 bar
if yes  then the OPV is opening too soon and needs to be adjusted and/or something is clogged in the grouphead (showerscreen dirty for example)
therefor the water is finding the path of less resistance.

if no water is not coming out from the OPV and the pump noise is quieting down after several seconds then there is a clog somewhere,
if the pump noise is not quieting down and no water is draw from the reservoir
then possibly the pump is bad
if so
do not insist in removing water from the boiler or you can risk to damage the Heating Element
infact I suggest removing one of the HE wires or NOT turning the machine on II
until you figure out about the pump issue

if you are dealing with a single stage boiler Domobar  and the hot water is working like you say and the pump is autofilling the boiler (level goes down in the reservoir)
then could be the OPV  as above or the grouphead clogged
almost all the above will be the same apart from the position 2 on the switch
therefor not having an heating exchanger you have water directly coming from the boiler

Stefano Cremonesi
info@espressocare.com
www.espressocare.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
heidihi
heidihi
Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Fri Feb 21, 2014, 10:25pm
Subject: Re: Vibiemme Domobar - no water coming through head...?

Hi again,
I'm pretty sure it is the domobar super heating exchanger.

We have taken the machine apart, and tested the water as recommended/ The water flowed, and I have also given it a good backflush - it also flowed well during this process. Was so excited that I may get a coffee!!

The autofill was working, however the pump noise didn't stop.

Where can I find a detailed diagram of the labeled parts of the inside of the machine?
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Vibiemme Domobar...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.296501874924)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+