Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Rocket R58 out of stock everywhere
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rocket R58 out...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
Engraver
Engraver
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Breville Barista
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 3:20pm
Subject: Rocket R58 out of stock everywhere

I've pretty much decided on a Rocket R58 V2, but they're out of stock everywhere in the US it seems. There's one eBay seller that has one, but I would rather do business with an established dealer like Chris Coffee or Seattle Coffee Gear because of their good reputations. I will also be getting a Mazzer Mini Type 2 in polished stainless, but those are nowhere to be found either. Some sites say they'll be arriving soon, so I hope that's the case as I'm really looking forward to upgrading my espresso gear!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Imtiredofbadcoffee

Expertise: Just starting

Grinder: Baratza Forte
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 4:44pm
Subject: Re: Rocket R58 out of stock everywhere

So what is your point post #1?
 View Profile Link to this post
boar_d_laze

Espresso: La Cimbali M21 DT/1 Junior...
Grinder: Ceado E92; "Bunnzilla"
Vac Pot: Royal Coffee Maker
Drip: Chemex + Kone; Espro Press
Roaster: USRC Sample Roaster
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 6:52pm

Imtiredofbadcoffee Said:

Posted April 3, 2014 link

Sam's point is that he finds the wait for the machine and grinder he wants to come back in stock frustrating, and is hoping for a little sympathy from his fellow geeks.

Sam,

It may help to know what's happening.  Mazzer builds each of its grinders on a rotating scale, try not to keep too much stock on hand, and so the more popular models go out of stock periodically..  When it's the Mini's turn, Mazzer will build and ship.  At least you don't want a Super Jolly -- I believe they're scheduled after the Mini.  

I'm not sure about Rocket, but they have a number of different models, and may also operate on a rotating schedule.  Another possibility is that they're updating.      

Waiting is tough, I know.  Not long ago we went though a long four months anticipating our roaster.  You have my sympathy.  

Rich
dana_leighton
dana_leighton

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 6:54pm

Imtiredofbadcoffee Said:

Posted April 3, 2014 link

Well, now, that's a fine way to welcome a new member!

Pay no attention, Sam - and welcome to the CoffeeGeek forums! Hopefully another member can shed some light on the shortage.

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
Engraver
Engraver

Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 7:39pm

Thank you Rich and Dana. I was a bit taken aback by the first response, and yes, I guess I was looking for some sympathy :)  Thanks for the explanation of the manufacturing of these items and hopefully they'll be in stock soon. I'm anxious to upgrade from my Breville Barista which has served us reasonably well for 3 years. I'm ready to kick it up a few notches with some real equipment!

I've been lurking here on an off for a long time, and I appreciate the welcome :)

~Sam
SproBro

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: CC1 v1.5
Grinder: Compak K10PB, Vario
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 9:43pm

+1 to doing business with reputable companies that can give you support if you need it.

If coffee gear sales is anything like meat, you stock higher amounts of certain items depending on the time of the year. You'd ideally let your stock run out as much as possible before ordering in newer updated machines to mitigate any markdowns you have to do to their older version counterparts when you get the new shipment. Since alot of machines parallel eachother in general capability and pricepoints with just different brand names, they're likely trying to move those first!
joco

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Apr 4, 2014, 9:16am

If you don't want to wait, have you checked out the Alex Duetto 3?  Its as good a machine as they Rocket and has been reported to have slightly less issues than the Rockets?

http://www.clivecoffee.com/product/izzo-alex-duetto-3.html

Oh yea and its available now!!
CarloM

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Fri Apr 4, 2014, 9:23am

I feel your pain Sam. Last year CG members were clued in to the upcoming release of the Vetrano V2B dual boiler. The thread got over 100 pages long even before the machine was released! Many of us waited months for it. :)

Just take heart in knowing once you receive your machine and set it up, you'll be in coffee nirvana.

Oh, and +1 to making sure you do business with a reputable company that can give you support. Most of us purchased the V2B from Chris Coffee. But I also hear good things about Clive Coffee and 1st Line. Good luck!
Engraver
Engraver

Posted Fri Apr 4, 2014, 2:23pm

CarloM Said:

I feel your pain Sam. Last year CG members were clued in to the upcoming release of the Vetrano V2B dual boiler. The thread got over 100 pages long even before the machine was released! Many of us waited months for it. :)

Just take heart in knowing once you receive your machine and set it up, you'll be in coffee nirvana.

Oh, and +1 to making sure you do business with a reputable company that can give you support. Most of us purchased the V2B from Chris Coffee. But I also hear good things about Clive Coffee and 1st Line. Good luck!

Posted April 4, 2014 link

I've considered the V2B as well, Carlo. How do you like it? And it's available. :)
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Fri Apr 4, 2014, 2:39pm

Engraver Said:

I've considered the V2B as well, Carlo. How do you like it? And it's available. :)

Posted April 4, 2014 link

Check out the Profitec 700, one slick machine. Had my eye on the V2B, but Profitec will pry be my next machine. Idrinkcoffee has them, and I think wholelattelove has it.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rocket R58 out...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.3806848526)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+