Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Quick Mill...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
dash08pilot

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Alex Duetto, Quick Mill...
Grinder: Compak K3 Elite Espresso,...
Drip: Bunn VP-17, Chemex 3 cup
Roaster: Ambex YM-2
Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014, 11:21am
Subject: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B

Any opinions on the build quality of the Quick Mill Vetrano 2B?   I am looking to possibly switch out my Alex Duetto 1 on this machine.
 View Profile Link to this post
sharky
sharky

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014, 2:58pm
Subject: Re: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B

dash08pilot Said:

Any opinions on the build quality of the Quick Mill Vetrano 2B?   I am looking to possibly switch out my Alex Duetto 1 on this machine.

Posted April 10, 2014 link

I own one and the build quality and attention to detail was one of the main reasons I purchased it!  I looked for a long time at many other machines including the Rocket R58, Vivaldi II, Alex Duetto 3.0, Rocket Giotto, Alex Tre . . . and I finally settled on the Vetrano 2B!!  It is a beautiful machine, extremely well made, quiet rotary pump operation, produces excellent steam, can be plumbed in, and most importantly, it makes amazing espresso!!  I feel it is well priced and one of the nicest DB machines on the market!  Quickmill makes a great product and have been around a long time!  There must be atleast 60+ people on this site who have purchased the Vetrano 2B from CCS in the past 6 months . . . that is a lot of happy customers!  Enjoy!
DavecUK

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014, 3:37pm

I'll second that and I also own one.
dash08pilot

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014, 6:42pm

Thanks for the replies.   I am glad to hear it is good quality machine.

Gary
coffeestig

Espresso: Quick Mill QM67
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Electronic...
Drip: French Press
Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014, 4:45am

I have a QM67 - The 2B was not out when I got mine.  Mine has seen over 5K shots in 14 months according to the counter on my grinder.  Internally it is the same machine minus the pump.  It is solid.   The QM67 is by far the best value on the DB market but the exterior and addition of the rotary pump are better on the 2B.
dash08pilot

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014, 6:05am

Wow!  That's some serious espresso drinking! :) Must be a solid machine.  I was also looking at the LaMarzocco GS3, but I would have to start selling stuff to buy it.  This machine fits better into my budget, plus it sounds like a great machine.

Gary
sharky
sharky

Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014, 11:25am

dash08pilot Said:

Wow!  That's some serious espresso drinking! :) Must be a solid machine.  I was also looking at the LaMarzocco GS3, but I would have to start selling stuff to buy it.  This machine fits better into my budget, plus it sounds like a great machine.  Gary

Posted April 11, 2014 link

Gary, you would also need a counter 6 feet long to accomodate the behemoth . . . LOL!  Good luck with your decision!
DavecUK

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014, 12:00pm

coffeestig Said:

I have a QM67 - The 2B was not out when I got mine.  Mine has seen over 5K shots in 14 months according to the counter on my grinder.  Internally it is the same machine minus the pump.  It is solid.   The QM67 is by far the best value on the DB market but the exterior and addition of the rotary pump are better on the 2B.

I did an engineering review on the prototype of what became the QM67...your right it is a nice little machine and nothing wrong with a vibe pump.
dash08pilot

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014, 6:36pm

I noticed one consumer review stated they easily lost steam pressure when configured in the 15a mode.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have my Duetto setup to run 20a, but don't remember ever having this issue when configured in the 15a mode.  

I don't use the steam very often anyways, but want to make sure it works when needed.
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Vario W
Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014, 6:40pm

dash08pilot Said:

I noticed one consumer review stated they easily lost steam pressure when configured in the 15a mode.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have my Duetto setup to run 20a, but don't remember ever having this issue when configured in the 15a mode.  

I don't use the steam very often anyways, but want to make sure it works when needed.

I have a V2B that I like just fine, but if you plan on rarely using the steam boiler, I think I would buy an HX. I don't think I would feel good about the water just sitting in the steam boiler for extended periods and not being used. How often do you think it will be used?
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Quick Mill...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.382097005844)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+