Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Unknown Faema
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Unknown Faema  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Valanse
Valanse
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Faema
Posted Wed May 7, 2014, 12:07pm
Subject: Unknown Faema

Just joined and this is my first post although I have been reading the forums for a bit now. My wife and I love coffee but the local coffee shop is just to costly on a cops budget. Besides, after reading everyone's posts, I knew I had to try making this for myself. So I began the search for a grinder and a espresso machine after MUCH research. I have found a decent grinder for now (Kitchen Aid ProLine Burr Coffee Mill) its not what I want to end with but for what I got it for and what I can afford for now it will have to do. I did find a Feama for a steal. I however cant figure out what Model it is. The writing is in Italian. It looks close to E92 SE A. Can anyone tell me what model I have and if I end up needing parts, where best to get them. So far it seems to be good to go. The only thing I find missing is the tamper. I have added a pic, let me know if you need more. Thanks for the help.

Valanse: Faema 1.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
kolu
kolu
Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: Grimac La Uno
Grinder: Mahlkönig Guatemala, Porlex
Drip: Kalita Wave, Aeropress
Posted Thu May 8, 2014, 2:01am
Subject: Re: Unknown Faema

it's Faema E92 Elite SE A2 (E92 is style of the groups, A means automatic dosing, 2 groups). I'm installing the same machine (but with 3 groups) in our café today, lol! :)
there's operating manual: Click Here (www.nimand.com)

wish you a lot of happines with such a big monster :)
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Thu May 8, 2014, 4:31am

Hello and welcome.

There is a pretty big aftermarket pipeline for parts, most of the machines use parts that for all intents are interchangeable. There are a couple of parts makers that nearly all the machines use but some parts may be specific to your machine. Sheet metal parts and control panels for example are parts that are maker only but things like valves, pumps etc are much more... mix and match, just keep the specs the same, for example a 120 v coil needs to be replaced with a 120v coil, not a 220v one.

Although, modded KA grinders have been used with some luck, they are not really up to the task. Espresso requires a different KIND of grind than brewed coffee and you will find very quickly that your grinder is holding you back, I suspect you will be in the market for a new grinder much sooner than you expect or hope to be.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Valanse
Valanse
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Faema
Posted Thu May 8, 2014, 4:35am

Thanks for the help guys. I found its sticker which should have showed the model but that part was worn off. I was able to see it was made in 1994 and get another set of numbers off of it but just not the model. Do you have an idea about where to get parts if I end up needing any?
Yea I am thinking you are correct on the grinder it is the most important part so I am continuing to look. I was actually looking for a grinder first and just happened to run into the Faema and couldn't pass it up for the price.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Unknown Faema  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.312483072281)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+