Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Giotto Pressurestat
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Giotto...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
PowerPro64
PowerPro64
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Giotto Premium
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Electronic
Vac Pot: nope
Drip: Bonjour Press Pot
Roaster: FR+8
Posted Thu Aug 26, 2004, 12:45pm
Subject: Giotto Pressurestat

Hello!  Has anyone tinkered with the Giotto pressurestat.  If so, will you please give me some directions.  In fact, could you tell me what it is based on this picture?  I think its the big brass thing, but I'm not sure.  Thanks!

John

PowerPro64: Pressurestat (Medium).JPG
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
hamm
hamm

Espresso: Alex Duetto (1st gen)
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Vac Pot: I'm not that kind of guy...
Drip: From the faucet occasionally
Roaster: I buy from several
Posted Thu Aug 26, 2004, 12:55pm
Subject: Re: Giotto Pressurestat

I think the brass part you're referring to is actually a boiler pressure relief valve. If the pressure goes up too high, it will pop up and spray steam all over the inside of the machine.  

I may be wrong about that because the smaller nut to the left of the brass part looks a lot like the same thing.

The pressurestat is most likely the black cylindrical part on the right side of the pic that has wires plugged into it.

Hope it helps to some degree.

Hamm
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cafewest_tech

Expertise: Professional

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2004, 4:20pm

Hi  PowerPro64

Hamm is correct.  The black plastic top like thing with the screw in the center and the wires coming off the microswitch is the pressurestat.
The tall brass thing is the pressure relief valve, and the silver hex nut with the brass post is the vacuum breaker.  The vacuum breaker pops up when the boiler starts to make steam and drops when,the boiler cools down to prevent a vacuum in the boiler.

Jerry
 View Profile Link to this post
Corsican
Corsican

Espresso: ECM Cellini Premium
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Drip: Melitta Ceramic Cone
Posted Thu Aug 26, 2004, 9:25pm

Just remove the black cap on the right side of your picture. Underneath you will finfd the adjustment screw. If you need to adjust do in very small turns. My factory settings were at 1.4 and since I have lowered it to 1.3 and I feel that the shots taste better and I did not loose any steaming power. My machine cycles down to 1.0 and never below unless I steam quite a bit of milk.

Life is a one way trip, so be sure to enjoy every second of your journey !!!!!!
 View Profile Link to this post
harbor_pirate
harbor_pirate

Espresso: Señor Giotto by ECM aka The...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini for the office,...
Vac Pot: Farberware Robot x2, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm KBT741 , Keurig...
Roaster: WB MK1 x 2
Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012, 8:10am

Glad I found this and other related threads.  MY Giotto is TEN year's old and I believe I've started encountering issues with the P-Stat.  A Phonecon with Service at Jaguar Coffee based out of Spring Hill. FL pointed me in that direction.  Being in the Jacksonville, FL area leaves me kinda without a parachute from a service/repair standpoint and if the piping to the p-stat ain't clogged and I can't manage to replace it on my own, my final option is Fontana Coffee almost 3 hours SOUTH of me.  Hoping to NOT have to turn it into a road trip.

Siempre buscando el buen café!
HP sends
 View Profile Visit website Contact via ICQ Link to this post
stefano65
stefano65
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme,Elektra,
Grinder: Vario,Macap,
Vac Pot: not
Drip: not
Roaster: not
Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012, 8:48am

The pressurestat pictured (far right) is a MATER normally they do not have any cover on the adjustment screw there is a screw with a + and _ on it
just small turn 1/8 let some steam out let the pstat do couple of cycles and re-adjust if necessary

Stefano Cremonesi
info@espressocare.com
www.espressocare.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Giotto...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.359882831573)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+