Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Questions and Answers
European online order shop opinion
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > European online...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
blazko

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Tea II
Grinder: Mazzer Mini - E (type A)
Vac Pot: none
Drip: none
Roaster: none
Posted Fri Jan 18, 2008, 3:31pm
Subject: European online order shop opinion

Hello there,

Mod note: this is in reference to www.aboutespresso.com / www.espressocoffeeshop.com

i d like to buy an ISOMAC TEA with MACAP MD4 grinder and found in those stores (they are both the same) a very good deal.

Have any of you, recently placed there an order? Are they reliable? Im a bit afraid of sending 1,6k euros and loosing it.

Also if you know any good european shops id love to check their offers.

Thank you for your help.

Mod note: I've modified this post to keep the urls out of the title; normally this kind of post is NOT ALLOWED in your first five postings (please read about the probationary period which applies no matter how old your account is), but you've been a member for over a year, and I'm pretty sure you're not working for these companies, and want to solicit genuine opinion for them, so I'm allowing it. - Mark

Greetings,
Blazko

My Isomac Tea II adventure videopost:
http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/349845
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Teme
Teme
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto II
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario
Posted Fri Jan 18, 2008, 3:51pm
Subject: Re: European online order shop opinion

The opinions are generally favorable on espressocoffeeshop (I have personally not heard about the one before) if you are based in Europe (as you are) and they happen to have the machine in stock. If they are out of stock you may have to wait for a while and they may not always be very responsive to emails. This has disgruntled some customers (but as far as I know they have always received the goods or a full refund).

You should be aware of the fact that you may have issues with warranty support locally if you order online, so you may have to ship to Italy (which is where these shops are domiciled). So check if they have the machine is in stock before ordering and pay with a credit card (for added protection) instead of via wire transfer and you should be ok.

The other alternative is to find a local shop (if you find one), possibly pay a bit more, but have local support in the event something does go wrong.

Br,
Teme

www.espresso-passione.com (my blog)
www.pbase.com/teme (my photo galleries)
www.ristretto.fi (my Finnish language coffee site)

LMWDP #039

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Awaiting spare parts ;o(
Grinder: None
Vac Pot: None
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Fri Jan 18, 2008, 5:01pm

Their prices look pretty good compared to what you would have to pay here in the UK. www.bellabarista.co.uk ship to Poland, sell both Macap and Isomac, and have a very good reputation here, but the prices are quite a bit higher especially when you add in carriage. I think they would do a deal though if you bought a grinder and a machine.

As Teme says, repairs under warranty are always going to be a possible issue unless you buy locally. Many sellers have a "return to base" warranty, where you have to pay at least one-way carriage, which on something like an Isomac Tea is going to cost quite a lot. They are heavy. I used to own one.

The suppliers you have looked at (you will have seen they are both the same company ;o) have a webpage about their warranty, which is worth reading. (http://www.aboutespresso.com/page.php?page=warranty) They expect you to get repairs done by the local agent in your own country, relying on EU law and directives to require them to do so. Failing that they do undertake to carry out repairs and pay for shipment (both ways). I'm surprised they offer a 24 month warranty - I doubt that most of their manufacturers do so, and the negotiation with a local agent could be....interesting ;o)

I think if it were me I'd need to satisfy myself that this is a satisfactory arrangement. As Teme suggests, I would also pay by credit card for added legal protection.
 View Profile Link to this post
blazko

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2008, 11:42pm

Thanks for those opinions!

I was afraid they were a scam! And honestly - loosing 1,6k Euro is not something i can afford :)

In a maximum of two weeks ill place an order and let you know about the progress. If it will work fine, it might look like we have a quite good supplier here in europe.
Thanks again

blazko.

Greetings,
Blazko

Ian
Ian

Espresso: Euro2000,Rancilio
Grinder: Mazzer,La Cimbali
Vac Pot: Cona-->CraigA
Drip: Belgique for emergencies
Roaster: Primas with variac
Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 1:56am

blazko Said:

I was afraid they were a scam! And honestly - loosing 1,6k Euro is not something i can afford :)

Posted January 18, 2008 link

Pay with a credit card if possible and that will give some measure of protection against scammers or damage in transit etc.

Cheers

Ian

www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum
blazko

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 2:48am

Ill do that way. Even thou im not really sure how it could help me it they will turn out th be scam.

As for some infos about the shop i had a chat with Olga Kizilov from aboutespresso working in customer service. She was really nice - they gave me a discount coupon and event that listed prices (i mean 1k for isomac tea) are valid till 21st of January they told me, that i can buy at same price even after the 21st.

Thats very kind of them, but i find it also a bit suspicious.

Anyway, thanks for your support. Im a bit new into buying expensive stuff over the net :)

greets from Poland.

Greetings,
Blazko

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Awaiting spare parts ;o(
Grinder: None
Vac Pot: None
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 4:43am

blazko Said:

Ill do that way. Even thou im not really sure how it could help me it they will turn out th be scam.

Posted January 19, 2008 link

I'm not sure if the legislation is EU-wide, but in many European countries, the legal situation is that if you buy something using a credit card, you are in fact buying from the credit card company. The Credit Card company is, in turn, buying from the supplier on your behalf. So legally, the C.Card company is responsible if things go wrong as that is your "seller". It may not apply if you use a bank card or a charge card (such as Amex) where the legal relationship is different.

They do sound like a genuine organisation anyway.  I don't find it suspicious that they have offered to extend the special list price after 21st or give you a discount voucher. Most sensible sellers will do that if they think that they will get a sale that they would otherwise lose.

I hope it all works out well.
blazko

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2008, 2:32am

Hello again,

it turned out I was to afraid to buy from a totally unknown source, and at the end i took the TEA from eBay (pm me if you are interested in the source).

Since no shop i found had a stepless version of macap md4, i took a mazzer mini-e (type A) from an online European shop, selling it for 560 Euro - i think it's a good price.

When everything arrives i can post the exact names and addresses  as verified, unless it won't be some kind of SPAM or advertising :)

Best Regards
blazko

Greetings,
Blazko

GD
GD

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2009, 7:12pm

I just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem I've had contacting EspressoCoffeeShop.com about a warranty service question?? I had a great experience purchasing a Quick Mill espresso machine and MACAP 4 grinder with them last year. When the Quick Mill suddenly didn't switch on one morning after only 6 months of 2 shot/days,  I emailed them to see were I could take it for service since I lived in Hungary. After 4 emails I gave up. It's like they don't exist anymore. Does anyone now if they went out of business?? I understand it's hard times right now but I can't understand why they would ignore me all together unless this was the case.

Greg
stefano65
stefano65
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme,Elektra,
Grinder: Vario,Macap,
Vac Pot: not
Drip: not
Roaster: not
Posted Mon Jun 15, 2009, 5:38pm

by the way ask who's the warranty handler in case of....................

Stefano Cremonesi
info@espressocare.com
www.espressocare.com
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > European online...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.290407896042)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+