Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Questions and Answers
your Brikka routine?
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > your Brikka...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
alekk
alekk
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 4:03am
Subject: your Brikka routine?

Hi all, so after chatting with several Brikka owners, I have noticed that each one of them had a slightly different way of operating the machine. So I was just curious how YOU operate your Brikka?
 View Profile Link to this post
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 5:34am
Subject: Re: your Brikka routine?

Here is a massive thread for Brikka Lovers. "Confessions of a Brikka Lover"
The Brikka with its widget allows for far more experimenting with grind and dose then a moka pot does.
alekk
alekk

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 1:40pm

The problem with this (otherwise very interesting) thread is precisely that it is so massive. More than 150 pages, and 95% of it is not related to how to operate the Brikka. The Brikka is such a simple and beautiful device, yet so many parameters can already be tuned!
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 2:25pm

alekk Said:

The problem with this (otherwise very interesting) thread is precisely that it is so massive. More than 150 pages, and 95% of it is not related to how to operate the Brikka. The Brikka is such a simple and beautiful device, yet so many parameters can already be tuned!

Posted December 10, 2012 link

Enkerli did a ton of different brews with the Brikka so it may be worth searching just his post but point taken, lol.

In general I use 28g ground slightly coarser then I would for a moka pot in the 6 cup Brikka, then make some minor grind and dose changes to suit my tastes. This guide is for espresso and works very well and is relevant for the Brikka. Click Here (www.home-barista.com)
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 9:07pm

Thread moved from Espresso: Questions and Answers to Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > your Brikka...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.305201053619)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+