Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Questions and Answers
Recovery Time for CC1
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > Recovery Time...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Dules

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Expobar Office Lever
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Sat Feb 2, 2013, 9:55pm
Subject: Recovery Time for CC1

Hi wondering if a current CC1 would give a good estimation on the time I would have to wait after brewing a double shot, to starting another double shot on the cc1?
 View Profile Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 12:03pm
Subject: Re: Recovery Time for CC1

While I have not used that machine, it is a single boiler with pid.
I am sure it would only be a few minutes if it was well warmed up as it should be with any machine, minimum of half an hour.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 12:33pm

If pulling straights not steaming the machine will keep up with most home barista's sorry geeks working at a normal pace. If your preparing baskets and pulling at the same trying to out run the machine you probably could. My guess is 2nd, 3rd, etc  will actually have a better temp profile than the first.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 1:12pm

calblacksmith Said:

I am sure it would only be a few minutes if it was well warmed up as it should be with any machine, minimum of half an hour.

Posted February 3, 2013 link

Most SBDUs should be similar as stated, even my Gaggia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluei1-IkTw

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
CMIN

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Tue Feb 5, 2013, 5:43am

calblacksmith Said:

Posted February 3, 2013 link

Definitely not a few minutes, not even a minute. Was curious and timed it, pulled a double and it was right back to temp and ready in 53 seconds. That was 1st pull this morning after leaving on for an hour, its fast for a sbdu including switching steam/brew.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Tue Feb 5, 2013, 6:30am

Good to know,  a couple of minutes though even if it took that long is not a big deal, by the time you clean your Pf, dry it, grind, dose, distribute, tamp lock and load, it is a couple of minutes for most people who are not in a Cafe situation so I fully expected the recovery time to be close enough if I said a few minutes, again, even though the water hits it's temp, you still have the temp of the brew group recovering too. YMMV

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CMIN

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Tue Feb 5, 2013, 6:53am

calblacksmith Said:

Good to know,  a couple of minutes though even if it took that long is not a big deal, by the time you clean your Pf, dry it, grind, dose, distribute, tamp lock and load, it is a couple of minutes for most people who are not in a Cafe situation so I fully expected the recovery time to be close enough if I said a few minutes, again, even though the water hits it's temp, you still have the temp of the brew group recovering too. YMMV

Posted February 5, 2013 link

yeh I always clean the PF and then put back in and pull water threw through to heat it up. Then weigh/grind/dry the PF/dose/tamp/pull lol, by that time it's already back to temp, group still hot, and PF still hot.

Friend has an h/x and yeh, at home, you just can't use that "continuous" shot to your advantage. By the time you clean, grind, dose whatever it's no biggie, vs a shop that has multiple baristas, multiple pf's and machines with multiple groups ready to go at a second etc.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > Recovery Time...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.279512882233)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+