other_dsc Senior Member Joined: 28 Jan 2012 Posts: 10 Location: UK Expertise: I live coffee
Posted Tue May 1, 2012, 12:19am Subject: FS: customised Elektra T1 in mint condition
For sale is an Elektra T1 in mint condition, it's a 2006 model, which I bought of ebay and played around with it to no end. It's been heavily modified and comes with loads of goodies:
- hand made (by Dave from HB) wooden handles for PFs and steam / hot water valves
- industrial (stainless steel coated) thermocouple on the boiler which replaces the original pressure switch. This means dead quiet operation and solid pressure in the boiler
- wire thermocouple mounted under the group head bell, which allows for constant temperature monitoring of brewing water (handy during extraction and when cooling down the group / HX)
- two PID controllers, mounted in a nice black, metal box. One shows the group TC temperature, the other controls the boiler pressure (via temperature)
- an SSR mounted inside the machine (with a thermal pad for increased heat radiation) which turns the heater on/off to keep the boiler pressure steady (works with a PID and the boiler TC)
- the pump has been removed from the machine and is now ready to be used outside, mounted under your kitchen tabletop etc.
- Synesso steam tip, with 4 holes (one plugged, so 3 available) + other custom made tips
- boiler insulation made from melamine foam, which has great thermal insulation capabilities
- slightly modified and rerouted cabling, added cable ties, cable sleeves etc. the internals tidied up a bit
The machine comes with two (original) PFs, one normal, one naked, various baskets and spare parts (gaskets, group jets etc.) It's been on for around a week around a month ago, brewing coffee and working flawlessly, cleaned properly before packing it for storage, polished and prepared for shipping.
Selling due to limited space, moving and not drinking espresso as much as I used to. I guarantee that this will once and for all treat your upgrade-itis:)
Price: 2000$ + shipping (machine is in the UK, would need to arrange a pallet delivery).
EDIT: please note that this is the European version of the machine and thus needs 230VAC supply.
Symbols: = New Posts since your last visit = No New Posts since last visit = Newest post
Forum Rules: No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards. No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum. No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum. Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards. Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics. Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies. Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies. Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts. Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.