Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
Author Messages
Dhound

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2010, 7:50am
Subject: Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca

I'm looking to buy a high quality espresso machine in the GTA.  On my target list is the Vibiemme Double Domo and I notice the above store in Milton has them.  Any feedback on them?  Also any other places I should be looking?  I've looked thoruhg the post and come up with Gree Beanery, Espresso Planet and Morala.  I'd prefer to buy it locally for reasons of returns/maintenance etc.  

Thanks in advance,

Dhound
 View Profile Link to this post
cbbrowne

Espresso: Saeco Aroma (currently dead...
Grinder: Saeco
Roaster: Popcorn Popper
Posted Thu Feb 25, 2010, 11:08am
Subject: Re: Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca

I bought a L'Elit PL-51from IDrinkCoffee.ca back in October, and was pleased enough with the experience.

I haven't needed any service, which I suppose would be the point at which we'd discover how good they really are :-).

At some point, I should replace my Saeco grinder with something newer + better, and I'd certainly consider heading out to Milton for that.  Their selection is excellent, prices seem in line with elsewhere, and while Milton's not super-close, it's not a matter of shipping to (Montreal|Wisconsin) :-).
Dhound

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2010, 11:34am

thanks - I'm considering the Baratza Vario which they have for $459.

How's the L'elit?
Troll
Troll

Espresso: Brewtus III
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Fri Feb 26, 2010, 11:23am

I purchased my Vario from them and they were good.  It didn't feel like a rushed experience and everything went smoothly.  I also havn't had to have any warranty or service work completed, so I can't speak on that.  But judging from conversations I don't think you'll have a problem.

One thing i did find though is they won't speak very positively about any machine that they DON'T carry, but I guess that's expected from any of the retailers.

Some people are like slinkies.  They're good for nothing but they will put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs.
cbbrowne

Espresso: Saeco Aroma (currently dead...
Grinder: Saeco
Roaster: Popcorn Popper
Posted Fri Feb 26, 2010, 10:19pm

I like the L'elit well enough...

• The shined steel look is attractive
  • It evidently has the same "guts" (boiler and pump and such) as a Silvio
  • It's slightly smaller than a Silvio
  • Performance is considerably better than the Saeco Aroma that was its predecessor

Nothing not to like, thus far.
greggb
greggb

Espresso: Bezzera Selenia
Grinder: Rocky; Capresso Infinity
Vac Pot: Yama SY5
Drip: Aeropress; Melitta; Brikka
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Sat Feb 27, 2010, 7:53am

I've been there quite a few times - but only to purchase green coffee. From what I've seen while I'm there, I would most definitely buy equipment from them.

Gregg.
Troll
Troll

Espresso: Brewtus III
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Sat Feb 27, 2010, 3:19pm

wait... you would, or wouldn't?

Some people are like slinkies.  They're good for nothing but they will put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs.
greggb
greggb

Espresso: Bezzera Selenia
Grinder: Rocky; Capresso Infinity
Vac Pot: Yama SY5
Drip: Aeropress; Melitta; Brikka
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Tue Mar 2, 2010, 10:49am

Troll Said:

wait... you would, or wouldn't?

Posted February 27, 2010 link

Ok - I corrected the post. (I started off saying "wouldn't hesitate" and changed to "would most definitely" in mid sentence).

Just to be perfectly clear - I do like what I've seen there. I've dealt with both the owner and the "other guy" (don't know if he's a partner or just works there) - both seem quite knowledgeable and friendly.  

Thanks for pointing out my ambiguity.

Gregg.
slow1234

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011, 3:23pm

I know this is an out of date thread to add to, but if people are looking for feedback/reviews of idrinkcoffee, here are my 2 cents worth...

I've tried contacting idrinkcoffee both by email and phone twice each over the last 1.5 weeks RE warranty service.  They have yet to return my calls/emails.  I was impressed by their service when purchasing the machine, but not so impressed now with their lack of service regarding machine issues.

Chris
slow1234

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011, 3:59pm

slow1234 Said:

I know this is an out of date thread to add to, but if people are looking for feedback/reviews of idrinkcoffee, here are my 2 cents worth...

I've tried contacting idrinkcoffee both by email and phone twice each over the last 1.5 weeks RE warranty service.  They have yet to return my calls/emails.  I was impressed by their service when purchasing the machine, but not so impressed now with their lack of service regarding machine issues.

Chris

Posted July 26, 2011 link

Literally minutes after I posted this, Slawek called from idrinkcoffee.com and he's sending a replacement machine.  I'm happier with the service now!
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.255976915359)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+