Regional: Eastern Canada
Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
MarkPod
MarkPod
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: BrewtusII
Grinder: Macap M4 Stepless
Roaster: i-roast
Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011, 6:17pm
Subject: Re: Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca

I bought my Elektra Semiautomatica and a Vario from them.  I did a bunch of on-line research to help decide on a machine to replace my BrewtusII, and then I went with a short list down to iDrinkcoffee, said "hi", chatted with Slawek and Richard about my short list and reasons for my choices, and then I pulled a bunch of shots from a few machines that I was interested in.  

Five years ago I would have had to drive 7 hours from Toronto and across the US border to try those machines.  Five years ago I would have had to deal with shipping headaches like the fact that USPS will not ship packages as heavy as many espresso machines and that UPS and Fedex charge outlandish brokerage fees.  Five years ago I would have been whincing while I witness my wife's reaction to the machine that looks nothing like the pictures I showed her of it on-line.  And five years ago I would have had no real warranty or return policy from a US vendor.

So am I happy?  Yes, I'm overjoyed to have access to a shop that actually stocks these machines and grinders, lets you try them using quality coffee, and is owned and staffed by people who are also passionate about espresso.  I strongly believe that anyone within 3 hours of Toronto who is considering buying a new machine and/or grinder should take their significant other and their favourite espresso and go try a bunch of machines at iDrinkcoffee.  There is no nothing better to make you sure of your purchase than to go see, feel, and experience the machines you think you are interested in.

I will be buying all my equipment from them for the forseeable future.  

Mark
 View Profile Link to this post
Gruven75
Gruven75

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Vac Pot: none
Drip: none
Roaster: looking
Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011, 5:11pm

We just bought our Bezzera Strega from them and we could not be happier.  Great people, nice showroom, awesome beans.  We had great time selecting our machine, well worth the trip from Bowmanville.
emorrow

Espresso: Quick Mill Anita
Grinder: Virtuoso Preciso
Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011, 6:15pm

I had great experience buying a Quickmill Anita and a Baratza Preciso grinder from Espresso Planet in Mississauga this year. Got to test things right there in the store and staff were very patient and helpful. No service needed as yet so can't comment on that. Agree with another poster that it is great to have not just one but multiple options for high quality equipment vendors in the GTA.
thirsty_biker

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Oct 30, 2011, 1:41am

I recently bought a Quickmill Anita and Baratza Vario from Espresso Planet in Mississauga a few weeks ago. They were very helpful and friendly and had several units powered up and available for testing. They also gave me one heck of a deal on the package, knocking a couple hundred dollars off what was already a sale price. I even liked the free beans they gave me! Would definitely buy from them again.
GDK

Espresso: MiniVivaldi II, preinfusion,...
Grinder: Baratza Vario W
Posted Thu Dec 22, 2011, 9:52am

I have bought several items from iDrinkCoffee: a Mini Vivaldi coffee machine, Rocky and Vario-W grinders, and accessories for several hundred dollars. They offer competitive prices and are trying to match US pricing more aggressively than others in Canada. Selection is also impressive.

I had broken or damaged parts in two occasions, due to manufacturer packaging or carrier mishandling. Slawek ordered replacement parts for me and shipped at no cost, everything was taken care of.  

One thing you have to be very patient about is speed of communication when done by mail of phone. You have to keep trying and not assume they will not take care of you - they will. I was recently trying to reach sales by mail and phone for a price inquiry where I was looking for a simple yes or no answer. We connected eventually but it took 2-3 days. Although a bit frustrated at the end, I went ahead with my purchase as my overall experience with them has been positive. Delivery was very fast and the product works great.
deleted

Expertise:

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011, 7:27am

I've been too these guys several times, for green beans and some accessories. They've always answered any questions that I've had about roasting. However they have suggested that I pre-order my green bean quantities over the Internet, not the drop in method that I typically choose. I'd buy hardware from them without any concern.
BrazilGabriel
BrazilGabriel
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Marzocco
Grinder: Versalab
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Diedrich
Posted Sun Jan 1, 2012, 11:21am

I have been to this place many times, and they have  a big variety.
And good prices.
You have to be patient, as sometimes they are very busy.
It's worth checking out.
Cheers
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Greefer

Espresso: Starbucks Barista +...
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Roaster: Gene Cafe
Posted Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:04pm

2 words regarding iDrinkCoffee.com

Awe -  Some !!!!

I bought a refurb grinder from them, and wasnt 110% happy.  I contacted them not to complain but just to let them know my concerns and that I was a bit disappointed.

Customer services was A+++ and they went completely above my expectations to make me a 100% satisfied customer.

I am in the market for an espresso machine now and plan on giving my business to them based on my previous experience.
KenM

Espresso: Bialetti Easy Cafe Electric...
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Posted Sun Feb 5, 2012, 11:30am

I've had tremendous support and advice from IDrinkCoffee.  So far I've bought a K3 Touch, Vario, Crossland CC1, Bezzera Madea, Mazzer Super Jolly Electronic etc.  Their coffee is very good and prices excellent.  I'm a fan.  Slawek and Richard are great guys with real passion for coffee and it's preparation.

Again, I'm a fan.
RDarryl

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rocky Doserless
Drip: Keurig Elite
Posted Sun Feb 5, 2012, 7:15pm

I have had only positive experiences and will order from them again. I had a problem with one shipment and had another new shipment on the way right away.
showing page 2 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.211339950562)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+