Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 5 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Sylvain

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Marzocco GS3
Grinder: Mahlkonig K30 Vario
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Tue Feb 7, 2012, 2:48pm
Subject: Re: Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca

Up to now, with buying, just great experience.  Now I have a trouble with my Lamarzocco GS3 I have bought from Idrinkcoffe.ca and will give you feedback their service support.  More to comes later.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Sylvain

Espresso: La Marzocco GS3
Grinder: Mahlkonig K30 Vario
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012, 11:06am

Sylvain Said:

Up to now, with buying, just great experience.  Now I have a trouble with my Lamarzocco GS3 I have bought from Idrinkcoffe.ca and will give you feedback their service support.  More to comes later.

Posted February 7, 2012 link

All I can say, its superb service from Lloyd at Idrinkcoffe.  I am an happy customer and highly recommanded.

Sylvain
Xikshai

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sat Sep 8, 2012, 5:56pm

My experience was (is) somewhat troublesome.

I ordered a new Baratza Preciso grinder and an open box Crossland CC1 back in June plus a bottomless portafilter and also a panarello for my parents' Saeco.

Shipping got held up (without me knowing) because the Crossland needed a component.
After clearing things up with Lloyd he said it needed a new "thermal sensor for the boiler" and was expecting it from Crossland. He did get the grinder shipped though so I was happy at least running my Breville Roma with it instead of my manual grinder.

During Lloyd's vacations they shipped the Crossland (that was mid-July).

I received a dirty Crossland CC1, it's missing most of the accessories (blind basket, single basket, tamper), I have not received the naked portafilter nor did I receive the panarello. I'm also thinking that the thermal sensor was never changed.

I didn't pay for the portafilter and panarello but I didn't received them yet
I paid for a Crossland CC1 that was supposed to be complete (accessories) and I don't think they ever changed the thermal sensor for the boiler.

That was more than two months ago.

Bottom line, prices were interesting, Lloyd did seem to genuinely try and help me out but I can't get any update since he handed the file out and unless you specifically poke technical service, you can't seem to be kept in the loop.

Until I know my machine is not broken and I get my accessories, I can't really vouch for them except for the price. This makes a first serious purchase of espresso equipment quite a "mouthful" :(.
 View Profile Link to this post
iDrinkCoffeeCanada

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: LM GS/3 MP, Speedster,...
Grinder: Versalab, Robur E
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Technivorm KBT-741
Roaster: Diedrich IR-12
Posted Sat Sep 8, 2012, 6:40pm

I’d like to acknowledge this situation as I am familiar with it.  There has definitely been a service failure here and it frustrates me to no end because it is a simple matter that is easily dealt with.

We have just undergone extensive renovations to our showroom and offices so our regular business has been disrupted.  The truth of the matter is that this is an issue that just fell through the cracks.  I accept full responsibility and I offer my sincerest apologies.

I am at the Canadian Coffee and Tea show Sunday and Monday, but you have my word that this will be dealt with on Tuesday once I return.

If you have any concerns please contact me directly.

Slawek Janicki
iDrinkCoffee.com

Find www.iDrinkCoffee.com on facebook and become a fan for deals, contests and more.
espressOD

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Rocket R58
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Posted Wed Jan 9, 2013, 8:17am

Well my grind and brew coffee maker had started leaking water all over the counter so I was in the market for a new machine.  Except this time around it was going to be an espresso machine.  I searched many Canadian and US websites and found idrinkcoffee.ca to be very well priced, definitely amongst the most competitively priced that I've found.  I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to shop cross border and deal with customs.  Then the icing on the cake was the Boxing Day sales I found on their website, "13 deals to bring in 2013".  The deal that caught my eye was the Rocket R58 (despite minor drawbacks explained in forums) and Mazzer Super Jolly.  The package knocked off $250 which was also combined with the don't pay the tax until Jan 2nd 2013.  Did the math which amounted to a total savings of roughly 20% so I couldn't pass it up.

However I still did my due diligence and looked up reviews on idrinkcoffee.ca and found this thread amongst others.  Everything looked fairly/mostly positive so I decided that I was going all in.  Besides getting replies to emails within 2-3 days doesn't seem too bad to me, I've experienced and heard of much worse cases from other online stores.  So I placed my order and obsessively tracked the status of my order.  Like I said before my coffee machine was spilling out half it's water on the countertop, I needed my coffee.  I took the words listed on there site "Usually Ships In 24-48 Hours" and "7 Day Free Shipping" to heart.  What I considered to be 4 business days later I still didn't see the status of "shipped" for my order.  Later on I did find their reduced hours throughout the holidays which explained the short delay which was completely acceptable, after all we all have families.  However failing to notice the holiday season store hours I fired off an email asking what's happening with my order.  The next business day they replied with the status and started processing my order.  I also exchanged a few more emails with them and received replies within hours or next day and they were always pleasant in their communications.  They assured me that my order would arrive to me in time to meet their 7 day shipping policy including the courier handling which it did.  All within the tail end of Boxing Day sales backlogs.

After reviewing my UPS tracking logs I actually found that idrinkcoffee.ca went out of their way to make sure I was a happy customer.  I noticed that the UPS log showed them picking up my order on a Friday night at 10PM which is way past their store hours.

Well I'm all setup and find the need for a few more accessories.  So far I'm a happy customer so I will not hesitate to forward future orders their way.
spacedoubt
spacedoubt

Espresso: Rocket Cellini Evoluzione v2
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP
Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:07pm

I just bought a machine from idrinkcoffee.ca and have nothing but positive feedback.  Also bought during the busy holiday season and nevertheless it was shipped out within a day.  Incredible!  Happy with the product which was well packed.  Would not hesitate to purchase from them again.
bcrdukes

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V3 w/ Auber...
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Hario V60
Posted Wed Jan 16, 2013, 1:14am

I was reluctant in clicking this thread, half knowing it would encourage me to spend my money with them.

And sure enough, my next machine purchase will be through them.

Argh!
wheelz

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 5:37pm

First time poster, long time reader.  

After reading this thread and searching the forum for which I would by, I also ahead and got a grinder and espresso machine from idrinkcoffee.com.  Shipping from Milton to Gatineau was fast enough during the holidays.  Everything was there like mentioned and well packed.  

The grinder stopped working this weekend (after 3 weeks) so I will test the after sales service.  I will update this post with my experience with them.
Endo
Endo

Espresso: machine is < important than...
Grinder: !
Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 6:39pm

Good luck. Thye don't answer the phone and are very slow to answer by e-mail. They will take your money if you order online (and if they actually have what they say in stock), but don't expect much else in way of service.

I much prefer EspressoPlanet. You pay a bit more but it's worth it.
wheelz

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 6:50pm

So far I was able to talk to someone twice on the phone and both times they told me I would receive an email with a UPS label within the hour. Nothing received after a day.

I sent an email as well, we'll see if I have more success tomorrow with it.  I hope I gets smoother, because the 3 weeks old grinder just does not work and this was a big "gift" for the family.  What scares is me is this is the first step.  The service was pretty quick when I bought the grinder and espresso machine, it shouldn't take that long to send an email with a UPS label.
showing page 3 of 5 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quality Espresso Machines
Imported Italian Espresso Machines, Coffee Machines & accessories for all your coffee needs!
www.thecoffeebrewers.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.228885889053)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+