Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
New(ish) Roaster in Moncton
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > New(ish) Roaster...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
T_Rick
T_Rick
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rocket Giotto
Grinder: Compak K10, Rocky DL, Zass
Drip: press pot; Chemex
Roaster: Poppery II; iRoast 2
Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014, 9:25am
Subject: New(ish) Roaster in Moncton

Hey folks,

just thought I'd share the latest find for me. Café Eureka, based in Moncton.  I've been trying them out for a few months now, and the coffees and roasting are consistently great.  I'm still blown away at the selection... it's like Sweet Maria's of the north, but roasted coffee!  

My new go-to espresso is their Haile Selassie, probably because of the dry processed in there (I tend to love dry processed).

T-Rick

BOOKMAN: "You buy a jar of Folger's Crystals, you put it in the cupboard, you forget about it. Then later on when you need it, it's there. It lasts forever. It's freeze-dried. Freeze-dried Crystals."
 View Profile Link to this post
TheProfessor

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Musica
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Hario V60
Roaster: Popcorn Pumper
Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014, 11:42am
Subject: Re: New(ish) Roaster in Moncton

Is it all roasted coffee or do they also offer greens? What are they roasting on? It's great to see see this in Moncton!
Dictate

Grinder: Breville Smart
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Press, V60, Chemex,...
Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014, 5:05pm

Signed up to put my recommendation forth as well. (It's been a long time coming anyway)

Will mirror what T_Rick is saying. I've been ordering from them since August(?) of last year. Consistently good, well roasted coffee, with a lot of rare and odd options. (California, anyone?)

My go-to here is the Ethiopian Kochere Teklu Dembel. Really solid Ethiopian coffee, tasting notes are spot on, and the roast is great.

Denis is very passionate and always a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommend checking Cafe Eureka out.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
T_Rick
T_Rick

Espresso: Rocket Giotto
Grinder: Compak K10, Rocky DL, Zass
Drip: press pot; Chemex
Roaster: Poppery II; iRoast 2
Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014, 5:11pm

As far as I know, they only offer roasted, and I don't know what they roast on.

I just picked up some Panama Elida Natural.  Looking forward to trying that tomorrow.

T-Rick

BOOKMAN: "You buy a jar of Folger's Crystals, you put it in the cupboard, you forget about it. Then later on when you need it, it's there. It lasts forever. It's freeze-dried. Freeze-dried Crystals."
buckwheat

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Chemex, french press
Roaster: Solar; HotTop
Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014, 8:07am

Denis here from Café Eureka. At this point, we offer roasted coffees only, but our selection is very eclectic. I have made many contacts through the years, bugging plantation owners to send me their coffee so we can share their offerings in this part of the world. We strive to roast each coffee to its perfect pitch because we believe each and every coffee has a story to tell. So, no blond coffee or over roasted coffee here.
We may eventually get into selling green beans (found some promising leads in Central America), and eventually stock up in quality grinders and a couple of good home coffee roasters, something that is not easily found on the eastern seaboard.
I use a Solar roaster for my large batches, and abuse a Hot Top programmable roaster for my regular orders. Hot Top is hard to beat, can't wait until they release their one pound roaster.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > New(ish) Roaster...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189742088318)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+