Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Western Europe
Re: Copenhagen and Denmark.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Western Europe > Re: Copenhagen...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
AussieTrav

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Sep 9, 2008, 8:01am
Subject: Re: Copenhagen and Denmark.

Hello from an Aussie in England.

My wife and I are planning to head off for a few weeks to travel around Denmark and would appreciate anyone's advice on good places to go for espresso.

Our trip will start in Billund, then go via Ribe - the island of Aero - Humlebaek (maybe pop into Fredensborg Slot for a nice cup of tea with "Our Mary") - Copenhagen - Aarhus - Skagen - and then back to Billund.

After doing a search on this forum, Estate Coffee and Risteriet keep coming up, however if there are any other lovely little places dotted around our trip which are worth seeking out then it would be great to know of them.

And slightly off topic, if any Scandies out there have any advice on other things we shouldn't miss on our trip to these towns, they will also be gratefully received. Just put the word "coffee" in the sentence to keep it on topic. ;)

Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers, Travis.
 View Profile Link to this post
mrkyle

Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Sun Sep 14, 2008, 8:03pm

Hey bro!

If I were you, I'd be posting in the NZ/Aussie section.
The WBC was in Copenhagen a couple of months back, and the NZ and aussie reps reguarly post in that forum.
I think there were a few tag-a-longs, too, who might help. I know there were a few top recommendations floating about, so maybe ask there or try traipsing through old posts.
Also try TooMuchCoffee.com. It's similar to this site, but euro-focused. This site is much more NZ/aussie/US/Canada, hence the low post count in the Euro section.

Good luck!
Kyle

ps. Visit 'Cristiania' when you're in Copenhagen!
Anuta
Anuta
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sun Sep 14, 2008, 9:55pm

Hey Travis!

In June the Aussies dominated Copenhagen. I know nothing about the other cities but the following are definitely worth a visit in Copenhagen -

1. Coffee Collective - run by 4 incredible people, owned by Klaus (WBC champ), Linus, Casper (current world cupping champ) and Peter
  2.  Kontra Coffee - it's mainly for training and equipment purchases but there you can meet Troels (also a WBC champ), also it's not far from the Coffee Collective.
  3. Estate Coffee is amazing, they've also got an awesome set up at their roastery, worth a visit if organised in advance.

There were a few more the names of which escape me right now. I'll post some more if I remember. Coffee Collective was my personal favourite but the others were also fantastic.

Have fun!
Worldman
Worldman
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Expobar Office Control
Grinder: Cimbali 6/S
Posted Thu Sep 25, 2008, 11:32am

Anuta Said:

Kontra Coffee - it's mainly for training and equipment purchases but there you can meet Troels (also a WBC champ), also it's not far from the Coffee Collective.

Posted September 14, 2008 link

Huh? I have had their coffee (courtesy of Teme) and it was some of the finest espresso I have ever tasted.

Len

Len
Len's Espresso Blends
www.lensespressoblends.com
ChristianB

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: vbm domobar
Grinder: super jolly
Posted Tue Oct 7, 2008, 12:27pm

A list with addresses. All are in Copenhagen:

* Cafe Europa, Amagertorv 1
   * The Coffee Collective, JŠgersborggade 10. (B)
   * The Coffee Factory, Gothersgade 21
   * Dag H, Dag Hammarskj÷lds Alle 36-40
   * Estate Coffee, Gammel Kongevej 1
   * Kaffe & Vinyl, Skydebanegade 4
   * Kontra Coffee, Dag Hammarskj÷lds Alle 36 (B, E, NOT a cafe, they only sell beans and equipment)
   * Moccashop, Smallegade 43A. (B, E, not a cafe, but they do sell espresso)
   * Risteriet, StudiestrŠde. (B, E)
   * Verdens Mindste Kaffebar, Tullinsgade 1.

(B) sells freshly roasted espresso beans, (E) sells espresso equipment

My favorites (for the coffee+attitude): The Coffee Collective, Risteriet, and Estate.

Also see this map:
Nordic Espresso Map (maps.google.com)

Note to Len: I believe that what Anuta writes about Kontra, refers to the shop: i.e. they do not sell espresso, only beans and equipment. But the cafe Dag H is placed just left of Kontra -- and is somehow related to Kontra (so this is probably a great place to taste prepared beans from Kontra).
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Western Europe > Re: Copenhagen...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.205583095551)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+