Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United Kingdom
Recommend a ground coffee supplier UK
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > UK > Recommend a...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
wildfrank

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014, 9:20am
Subject: Recommend a ground coffee supplier UK

I am a pretty basic coffee drinker, at the moment I get my coffee from the Algerian Coffee House website, I don't drink a lot so I usually try out one of their 'Coffees of the Month' and a couple of the other ones.  Can anyone recommend any other small suppliers that don't cost the earth?  I haven't the refined palettes or finances of some of the people I read here but I would be interested in any personal recommendations.
 View Profile Link to this post
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014, 5:14pm
Subject: Re: Recommend a ground coffee supplier UK

wildfrank Said:

I am a pretty basic coffee drinker, at the moment I get my coffee from the Algerian Coffee House website, I don't drink a lot so I usually try out one of their 'Coffees of the Month' and a couple of the other ones.  Can anyone recommend any other small suppliers that don't cost the earth?  I haven't the refined palettes or finances of some of the people I read here but I would be interested in any personal recommendations.

Posted March 20, 2014 link

I cannot recommend a ground coffee supplier, because it should never be ground then packed. if your setup is basic e.g. a Carafe, or horribly burny Mokka Pot thing thing on a stove (carafe is much better). Get yourself a cheap burr grinder and buy your coffee as roasted beans....please!.
wildfrank

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014, 4:42am

If that's the case, could you recommend a Burr Grinder that I could afford?  Say in the 30 region?
DavecUK

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014, 5:30am

use the search link below, plenty available including some hand powered ones as well, just don't get a blade grinder. Anything is better than having your beans pre-ruined (sorry ground). none of these are suitable for espresso machines, but most will be fins in carafes. I can't easily recommend one, because i have not used more than 1 or 2 of them a long time ago and they are all much of a muchness. Also you don't always get what you pay for, so a 70 grinder may be no better than a 40 one. I'm really only familiar with grinders is the 280+ price bracket.

Click Here (www.amazon.co.uk)

or for electric only

Click Here (www.amazon.co.uk)
wildfrank

Posted Sun Mar 30, 2014, 12:22pm

Thanks for your recommendations, I've settle on a Hario Medium Glass Hand Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs, at under 20, I understand there is even a Burr Plate mod for this grinder but, as my tastebuds are nowhere near as refined as most of the esteemed posters here, I think I'll just stick to the numodified version :-)
Ian
Ian

Espresso: Euro2000,Rancilio
Grinder: Mazzer,La Cimbali
Vac Pot: Cona-->CraigA
Drip: Belgique for emergencies
Roaster: Primas with variac
Posted Mon Apr 7, 2014, 5:43am

Wild civet coffee is a better than any coffee in the world.
You must try it. And then, make your profit in your city. :)

Got any other marvellous business ideas?

Cheers

Ian

www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum
DavecUK

Posted Mon Apr 7, 2014, 10:36am

wildfrank Said:

Thanks for your recommendations, I've settle on a Hario Medium Glass Hand Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs, at under 20, I understand there is even a Burr Plate mod for this grinder but, as my tastebuds are nowhere near as refined as most of the esteemed posters here, I think I'll just stick to the numodified version :-)

Posted March 30, 2014 link

I think that's probably an excellent choice, pared with a Carafe costing a few dollars, grinding your own beans that are freshly roasting will make a huge difference in the coffee in your cup. I enjoyed coffee that way for many years and even today sometimes enjoy a Carafe Coffee.

Wild civet coffee is a better than any coffee in the world.
You must try it. And then, make your profit in your city. :)Oh and to the Civet poster, it's Robusta that comes out of a force fed civet cats arse and tastes as good as your business idea.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > UK > Recommend a...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.240626811981)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+