Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United Kingdom
Aerolatte Burr Grinder
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > UK > Aerolatte Burr...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
javachik
javachik
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Silvia
Grinder: Rocky
Drip: Bodum Thermal Press
Posted Mon Sep 20, 2004, 12:49am
Subject: Aerolatte Burr Grinder

Does anyone have any experience with this grinder?  I saw it on Red Monkey's website, and I'm considering this instead of a Barista, as it costs about halfway between that and an MDF.  Is it a re-branded grinder, similar to anything reviewed on this site?

Thanks in advance!
~Kari

javachik: grinder.jpg
(Click for larger image)

I drink coffee to RELAX!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JonR10
JonR10
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Sep 20, 2004, 3:27am
Subject: Re: Aerolatte Burr Grinder

That grinder is also called a Nexox LUX (here's one in the USA).  IIRC it has the same conical burrs as my LaPavoni PGC grinder (pictured).  They do a great job and can grind fine and even enough for espresso.  The LUX sells in the US for $169 and IMO is one of the better grinders at that price point (along with the Innova i2).    

JonR10: LaPavoni PGC.jpg
(Click for larger image)

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
finepics

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Wega 64M
Posted Tue Sep 21, 2004, 5:35am

Hi Kari,

You should know that the price for the aerolatte is now 80. You can get them over the counter in Harvey Nicks on the top floor or direct from www.aerolatte.co.uk (their website price is incorrect at 99 and should be 80). The grinder is very similar to the Isomac Macinacaffe and is probably made by them for aerolatte. Hope that helps.
 View Profile Link to this post
javachik
javachik

Posted Wed Sep 22, 2004, 7:08am

Is it on sale at Harvey Nicks for 80, or is it always that price?  I'll be in London the first weekend of Oct. and might stop in and pick one up.

Thanks for the info!

Kari

I drink coffee to RELAX!
finepics

Posted Wed Sep 22, 2004, 3:36pm

Hi Kari,

That is the price as set by Aerolatte (but only Harvey Nicks seem to have adjusted their price - Selfridges haven't). I know all this cos I rang Aerolatte to ask why it was cheaper in "HN" than direct from their website and they duly thanked me for pointing it out - they had forgotten to change the web price!!!. But have a think about the Solis/Dualit/Starbucks machine - its cheaper (60 in John Lewis's or any of the Starbucks) has similar geared conical burr mechanism to the AL, good reviews on this site and surely easier to get parts/repaired back in the states should you get any problems. Aerolatte did tell me that they are slowly starting to phase out their grinder as its not a big enough seller for them - hence the recent price drop, so not sure how long spares will be kept for. Hope thats of help.
finepics

Posted Wed Sep 22, 2004, 3:51pm

Just as a P.S. Go to www.nemox.com You will see the Aerolatte grinder on their site and it would seem that Nemox are the manufacturer. Lots of outlets in the US sell the brand but the grinder retails at $170 which makes it cheaper here in the UK - amazing!!
javachik
javachik

Posted Thu Sep 23, 2004, 12:13am

If Aerolatte is phasing it out, but it's made by Nemox, shouldn't I be able to get parts from Nemox should I ever need them?  It just seems to me that it's a slightly better grinder than the Barista, which may have decent reviews on this site, but I'd like something a bit better that isn't as expensive as an MDF (which is what I'd prefer to have, but I don't want to spend more than 100 for a grinder I may have to give up if I end up going back to the States).  

~Kari

I drink coffee to RELAX!
alanfrew
alanfrew
Expertise: Professional

Posted Thu Sep 23, 2004, 1:51am

javachik Said:

Does anyone have any experience with this grinder?  I saw it on Red Monkey's website, and I'm considering this instead of a Barista, as it costs about halfway between that and an MDF.  Is it a re-branded grinder, similar to anything reviewed on this site?

Thanks in advance!
~Kari

Posted September 20, 2004 link

It's a Lux. Burrset & gears are  made by Iberital in Spain, there are a few different body versions by Imat, Nemox, La Pavoni, Isomac, Innova etc produced in Italy. Excellent but noisy espresso grinder, far better than the Barista for long term use. See http://www.coffeeco.com.au/articles/september2002.html and http://www.coffeeco.com.au/newsletter/september2004.html for more details. At 80 quid it's the right price. Buy it, apart from the noise you won't regret it.

Alan
javachik
javachik

Posted Thu Sep 23, 2004, 2:07am

Thanks for the advice everyone!  I've decided that I will definitely pick one up at HN when I go to London in a week and a half.

~K

I drink coffee to RELAX!
javachik
javachik

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2004, 2:50am

Posted my review of this grinder:

Click Here (www.coffeegeek.com)

~K

I drink coffee to RELAX!
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > UK > Aerolatte Burr...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.290452957153)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+