Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United States Central
Coffeehouses for a Coffee Geek to play in OH westward through the Great Plains ?
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > US Central > Coffeehouses for...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
ChicagoSandy
ChicagoSandy
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quickmill "La Cora,"  Silvia
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Rocky DL
Vac Pot: Presses, Aeropress
Drip: postnasal, Technivorm
Roaster: Behmor, I-Roast2, SC/TO
Posted Tue Jan 11, 2011, 10:37pm
Subject: Coffeehouses for a Coffee Geek to play in OH westward through the Great Plains ?

>>BTW, my 60th birthday concert will be Sat. night 1/22 at Grounds For Appeal Coffeehouse, 3242 Oak Park Ave., Berwyn, IL from 8-10 pm. Free, all ages, extensive espresso drink menu.<<

Hi,

"Prodigal Daughter" ChicagoSandy stealing home here.  (I used to perform with Susan Urban as half of the duo SASS!). Besides sometimes playing solo, I am now mainly half of the Madison, WI-based duo Andina & Rich, with Madison's Stephen Lee Rich (whom you may have heard perform an old version of "Caffeine," the song I wrote and which Mark featured on a CG podcast). We're touring extensively now, and find ourselves swinging first from Folk Alliance in Memphis after 2/21, to Sandusky, OH 2/25 (house concert); opening at Carnegie Lecture Hall  in Pittsburgh for Red Horse (Gorka/Gilkyson/Kaplansky) 2/26, then to the Wilmington, DE area 3/4, Conewago Coffee in Elizabethtown, PA; and back to Chicago) in time for our concert at Ethical Humanist Soc. in Skokie on Mar. 12 and then Wild Hog in the Woods Coffeehouse in Madison, WI 3/18.  We are caffeine-fueled and able to drive long distances.  Our latest CD, "Two Guitars, a Dulcimer, and an Attitude" contains the definitive duet version of "Caffeine"--which was voted #3 of WDCB-FM's top 10 songs of 2010) and every one of its 14 songs have received worldwide airplay (broadcast, web, satellite), including on "The Midnight Special," WDCB's "Folk Festival," WXOU's "Old Front Porch," KOPN's "Sunday Morning Coffeehouse," as well as college and indie radio nationwide. We are family-friendly Americana with harmony, humor & heart--think Barenaked Ladies meets the Smothers Brothers.  You can check our music out at:

www.andinaandrich.com, www.sandyandina.com, and our Facebook, ReverbNation, MySpace and CDBaby pages.

We travel with a great small P.A. in case your cafe lacks one.  And we LOVE coffee!!!!  (Stephen is considering purchasing an I.V. pole & bag --Tony, is there one with a Metropolis Logo on it?--in case his travel mug's too small).  No drums, electric guitars or anything loud.

In April we'll be swinging through the Great Plains to record an episode of the syndicated "River City Folk" in Omaha on the 13th.  We'll be at the Mad Hatter's Room in Iowa City Apr. 8; in-studio on KOPN's "Sun. Morning Coffeehouse" radio show out of Columbia, MO on Sun. the 10th; the aforementioned River City Folk taping on the 13th; and a return engagement at Cafe Semolino in Hays, KS Fri. Apr. 15 (celebrating that this year's Tax Day isn't till the 18th).  KS, OK, MO and AR are all doable around then and on the way back home.

Other open Midwest dates in Feb. include up till 2/3 (we leave for FA in Memphis on the 14th), then 2/21 (when we leave Memphis) up till our Sandusky house concert on 2/25 and Pittsburgh show  2/26. We're playing Sat. 3/5 at Conewago Coffee in Elizabethtown, PA;  we return to Chicago for a concert on 3/12, which leaves us room for some dates in OH, MI and IN in between 3/6-3/10.   In May, we head down to a conference in Knoxville on May 16, then on to SERFA in Asheville the 19-22, leave Asheville on 5/22 and are interested in the NC Research Triangle, the coastal areas (Wilmington NC to around Myrtle Beach) or interior of NC/SC (Charlotte down through Columbia to Union); all that's been discussed on the Eastern sub-forum, but the trip home can take us back up through WV, OH, IN, IL, MI, & WI. till our 6/4 festival in Camp Douglas WI. If you like, we can also discuss late July and further, into 2012 (for which we've already begun booking).  

We are always open to dates at coffeehouses in and around IL & WI when not on the road elsewhere.  If you feature music (even via tip-jar), do let us know.

As I mentioned, we are coffee-loving, guitar-and-dulcimer-strumming singer/songwriter/traditionalists.   You can reach me at sandina@rcn.com and us at becausewecan@andinaandrich.com

Peace, song and coffee strong,

Sandy Andina
www.andinaandrich.com
www.sandyandina.com

Sandy
www.sandyandina.com
-------------------
Life's too short to drink lousy coffee, play crummy guitars and write with ballpoint pens.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Sutono
Sutono
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Mirage
Drip: Fetco Extractor, French...
Roaster: Probat, Diedrich, Gothot...
Posted Tue Jan 18, 2011, 10:57pm
Subject: Re: Coffeehouses for a Coffee Geek to play?

ChicagoSandy Said:

>>BTW, my 60th birthday concert will be Sat. night 1/22 at Grounds For Appeal Coffeehouse, 3242 Oak Park Ave., Berwyn, IL from 8-10 pm. Free, all ages, extensive espresso drink menu.<<

Posted January 11, 2011 link

Happy Birfday, SA!

fajimr Said:

(Stephen is considering purchasing an I.V. pole & bag --Tony, is there one with a Metropolis Logo on it?--in case his travel mug's too small).

Posted January 11, 2011 link

Not yet...
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > US Central > Coffeehouses for...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.214038848877)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+